No announcement yet.

Jamaica v Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dem ah gwaan, ah wouldah like fi know ah who call di man dem snow ballahs anyway. If wi hab ah problem wid quality den wi haffi look else where, every country duh dis, suh nuh secret nuh deh deh.

Comment

Stoni may be the architect of that term .... Can anyone shed light that the etymology of that word?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Is that used to describe Ballas who born outside of Jamaica or those currently playing outside of Jamaica???
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

At least we can take it down the wing. Normally we have a problem building up good plays down the wing. If you notice when the ball go down the wing it is supported by at least one or two players? Not just dealing with the Usain Bolt thing.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Jermaine Taylor (whose has been suprisingly consistent) has been an upgrade over the "snow baller" Michael Hector. With Watson and Austin we defend well, but in the middle we are not looking that good. Dawkins looks off compared to how he was moving in the Caribbean Cup. He should be on the bench.

Team looks fit. And should run over El Salvador if they don't make silly mistakes.

Comment

Hector not too bad, need to get a game tomorrow to feel his foot and also Powell. Give a few benchers a run.

Comment

Wrong.

What I believe in is ...FIRST developing youths to be the best they can using a good system and good expertise. Out of that will emerge skilled players...and the makings of the so called "best team". That best team can be completed with players outside the development system who are the best fit

Anything else is a myopic, hurry-come-up approach which will NOT develop our football. Incidentally we have 17 years of experience proving that reality. But like Stoni it look like unnu need 100 years fi si reality

Mi notice most Jakans are into the hurry-come-up, get-rich-quick, Gladdis ting. That's in every sphere of life...including football

Mi nuh support dem folly deh
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                  Wrong.

What I believe in is ...FIRST developing youths to be the best they can using a good system and good expertise. Out of that will emerge skilled players...and the makings of the so called "best team". That best team can be completed with players outside the development system who are the best fit

Anything else is a myopic, hurry-come-up approach which will NOT develop our football. Incidentally we have 17 years of experience proving that reality. But like Stoni it look like unnu need 100 years fi si reality

Mi notice most Jakans are into the hurry-come-up, get-rich-quick, Gladdis ting. That's in every sphere of life...including football

Mi nuh support dem folly deh
                  There is only first=at the same time of both instituting and operating excellent, - Development Program and putting on the field "best".

Your first Development Program while instituting=operating less than best TEAM is counterproductive on multiple levels.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post

There is only first=at the same time of both instituting and operating excellent, - Development Program and putting on the field "best".

Your first Development Program while instituting=operating less than best TEAM is counterproductive on multiple levels.
                    Karl...I have to guess what you mean here...and I find it off base. To understand my position you can read excerpts from Jangle's great post on how Belgium went back to the basics of youth development...and consequently became a global football power

One cannot both be committed to youth development...and committed to put the so called "best" on the field at all times. Those 2 goals are mutually exclusive Why you may ask??

Youths with big potential are not always the "best" players at every given point in space-time... (a 16 y.o. Bibi is our best example)

But

Since youths need big game exposure in order to be tested, improve and realize their potential...sometimes they MUST be played over so called "better" players to ensure long term success and long term sustainable development of a native football program

This may mean gambling on NOT having the so called "best" players on the field at all times but playing high potential youths instead... Basically it's a sacrifice (or investment) to enable long term development and great ROI

It's called delaying the craving for instant gratification... to better achieve a long term goal. Evolved people do that all the time.
                    However hurry-come-ups find it very difficult... and usually remain backward as exemplified by Jamaica

I thought that this scenario would be obvious so I din't spell it out b4... Mah bad

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                      Karl...I have to guess what you mean here...and I find it off base. To understand my position you can read excerpts from Jangle's great post on how Belgium went back to the basics of youth development...and consequently became a global football power

One cannot both be committed to youth development...and committed to put the so called "best" on the field at all times. Those 2 goals are mutually exclusive Why you may ask??

Youths with big potential are not always the "best" players at every given point in space-time... (a 16 y.o. Bibi is our best example)

But

Since youths need big game exposure in order to be tested, improve and realize their potential...sometimes they MUST be played over so called "better" players to ensure long term success and long term sustainable development of a native football program

This may mean gambling on NOT having the so called "best" players on the field at all times but playing high potential youths instead... Basically it's a sacrifice (or investment) to enable long term development and great ROI

It's called delaying the craving for instant gratification... to better achieve a long term goal. Evolved people do that all the time.
                      However hurry-come-ups find it very difficult... and usually remain backward as exemplified by Jamaica

I thought that this scenario would be obvious so I din't spell it out b4... Mah bad

For someone who did not understand...ooooh?...great guess? Your counter was excellent save our 2nd tier quality, including "youngsters with massive potential" not in the class of Belgium's.

In Belgium's case those youngsters are on par with the players displaced or often outshine the displaced.

Our players need to cut their teeth at lower national and other International games below our national senior team level. When a player steps into our national senior teams it must be on merit as best fit. That at this stage of our football is best. Get it!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl;527462]
                        For someone who did not understand...ooooh?...great guess? Your counter was excellent save our 2nd tier quality, including "youngsters with massive potential" not in the class of Belgium's.

In Belgium's case those youngsters are on par with the players displaced or often outshine the displaced.
                        Our youths are not on par with the likes of Belgium because we do not have proper youth development as they do...unless you believe we're congenitally inferior?

All good paths forward START with a good development system...All else is secondary

Our players need to cut their teeth at lower national and other International games below our national senior team level. When a player steps into our national senior teams it must be on merit as best fit. That at this stage of our football is best. Get it!
                        Of course players start out at lower levels ..that goes without saying. The problem is that because we have no good youth programs (and consequently no good club play) ...young players cannot progress seamlessly from lower levels to the senior team. Then ignoramuses blame di yutes for being "no good"...Then we run to foreign points for imported Snow Ballas ...MADNESS

All good paths forward START with good youth development...That is JOB #1

Sadly the hurry-come-ups ignore development for imported, instant solutions

Time for a dose of import substitution....OPERATION GROW wi seh ...woooiiiee

Comment

Working...
                        X