Well look at that.. Darren Mattocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well .... 2 things, well 3.

1. mattocks is getting back his confidence. his workrate was EXEMPLARY on Friday and it usually is. he made some really good runs and harried the defence.

2. hector has been reading the press where he is being compared to rio ferdinand and is taking it to heart. he needs to STOP IT!

3. in recent times PREPARATION for our opponents played a big part of our strategy. no one knew anything about Nicaragua, how they play etc etc. that and complacency led to our downfall. our backroom staff should have been very busy and I expect to see strategy employed on the return leg.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I am not an idiot, so I recognise when it is time to cut left a discussion with you!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        who name Mattocks????

You mean Mattrucks? the overhype one?

The one who can't improve his striking at age 24?
        Do not confuse one goal...great effort with top quality performance?
        He missed putting the ball on frame and at other times properly on frame from 'easy efforts'. Should have had at least 3 other good efforts - 2 from touching distance from the goal; plus I can still see another...that was an extremely poor header!!!!

...I am going to count Hector's touches, pass completion rate, tackles and interceptions. ...so I shall also review Mattocks' play for you!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

how you manage to get Hilary Clinton into this?!! yuh good.

hmmmmm .... kinda like how you vilify our most productive player and yet not a peep about those who were not pulling their weight! irony of ironies.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yeah when you can't answer the questions asked. We are currently talking about Darren Mattocks, who have been was renamed Mattrucks and people on the forum said he couldn't improve his shooting at age 24.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              how you manage to get Hilary Clinton into this?!! yuh good.
              Did not say truth on Hillary's current coverage?

hmmmmm .... kinda like how you vilify our most productive player and yet not a peep about those who were not pulling their weight! irony of ironies.
              Who is that "our most productive player"?
              I would love to answer that about vilifying of the player!!!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                well .... 2 things, well 3.

1. mattocks is getting back his confidence. his workrate was EXEMPLARY on Friday and it usually is. he made some really good runs and harried the defence.

2. hector has been reading the press where he is being compared to rio ferdinand and is taking it to heart. he needs to STOP IT!

3. in recent times PREPARATION for our opponents played a big part of our strategy. no one knew anything about Nicaragua, how they play etc etc. that and complacency led to our downfall. our backroom staff should have been very busy and I expect to see strategy employed on the return leg.
                Some will question your 2. What's so wrong with taking a Rio comparison to heart, they'll say. Did he not play like him on Friday? What did Hector do that was so bad, they'll argue. What exactly should he STOP, they'll say.

Mattocks usually works hard and I think his arrogance works for him. I have said that in the past. He has fluffed a few good chances on goal in the past. Who hasn't!? Has he been more guilty of this? My view is he has not been clinical in front of goal, either in converting, or setting up chances for conversion.

He had a good game on Friday.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  Do not confuse one goal...great effort with top quality performance?
                  He missed putting the ball on frame and at other times properly on frame from 'easy efforts'. Should have had at least 3 other good efforts - 2 from touching distance from the goal; plus I can still see another...that was an extremely poor header!!!!

...I am going to count Hector's touches, pass completion rate, tackles and interceptions. ...so I shall also review Mattocks' play for you!!!
                  While you are at it, please count Hector's losing the ball from overdribbles and pussyfootings and close calls from doing same.

Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                    He did a good job!
                    ...what is it about Hector you and apparently many at the match do not like?

Our 2 wing-backs play in a horrible manner. Yet not a peep! There performances compared to that of Hector was like the pits to good...but Hector is vilified? Something does not 'sit right' here. Perhaps one of the greatest of sins is, 'lying to self'! That crowd boo-ed so many wonderful plays by Hector that is just 'was not funny'.

An analogy could be made to Hillary Clinton's treatment. Nothing good about her appears in the media but she is doing remarkably well under those assaults!!! ...so is Hector vilified, but he continued to do remarkable well under the assaults!!!

Cannot remember another occasion of a good performance being ignored by so many in our National Stadium????
                    I think the booers (and I was not one of them!) made a distinction between players who just had a poor game or made bad decisions (overlapped when perhaps they should have stayed put) and the player who performed so unlike his recent performances where he did not pussyfoot around with the ball and gave up chances to the opposition. Said player did this not once, not twice, but at least 3 times in the one game. For some of us, one such folly led directly to a goal. Schafer practically said the same!

If I were the booing type, Alvas would have been booed as he walked onto the pitch for his warmups and Hector would have been booed for his continued indiscretions!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      Some will question your 2. What's so wrong with taking a Rio comparison to heart, they'll say. Did he not play like him on Friday? What did Hector do that was so bad, they'll argue. What exactly should he STOP, they'll say.

Mattocks usually works hard and I think his arrogance works for him. I have said that in the past. He has fluffed a few good chances on goal in the past. Who hasn't!? Has he been more guilty of this? My view is he has not been clinical in front of goal, either in converting, or setting up chances for conversion.

He had a good game on Friday.
                      Best I have seen him play. He was his usual self 'in on goal'...but he improved his 'football' by 'light years' on passing and movement and that allowed others to get great looks at goal also. That use of increased use of TEAMmates=use of brain improved his play a million-fold!!! He added great value to his TEAM!

Look, football is about TEAM-play! A player can score tons...but causes his TEAM to lose often!!! The flip side is a player can score tons or not...play TEAM and causes his TEAM to win often. ...you cannot cause your TEAM to win often against quality opposition if you score tons and play anti-TEAM. Your TEAM will still lose often even as you score tons. The silly anti-TEAM player would have gotten away with such in past era but not in today's football. In those past era only a relative few players were at the level of even today's ordinary players....so one individual or more individuals in the same TEAM could give effort on attack and ignore defensive side of the game and their TOP OF THE WORLD TEAM (in that era) could win many games. Today not one TEAM at the top can afford even one player to consistently play anti-TEAM and win consistently against the very top TEAMs. ...as 'they' say, "the game has moved on"!!!
                      Last edited by Karl; September 7, 2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

why should a rucks get years of opportunity?

the main difference now is confidence. he always made good runs but wasn't scoring. now that he is scoring his confidence is back. what is it, 3 goals in the last 3 games?

Comment

alexis sanchez ...arsenal

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            While you are at it, please count Hector's losing the ball from overdribbles and pussyfootings and close calls from doing same.

Thanks!
                            You can be sure they will be included in 'touches and or incomplete' passes.
                            Like yuh nuh kno dat's ow mi roll!

Gamma can tell yuh bout wen mi put di figas pon Alexis ow im get bitter wen im si di numba dem pan Alexis' anti-TEAM and silly give-aways!!! Gamma haul-ways hig-nore dem deh facts...no sah, ongle di pretty bruks before the give-aways count fi im!!!

Comment

Its the tribal nature in you Johhny that makes you a poor presenter and debator ,you cant see grey areas, you draw conclusion when their is none and cant cope with a developing story line which leads your thought process rigid, similar to Missy .

Mattrucks has evolved to Big Balla until the next game , a suh football tan,look pan Torres and Shevenko , so it is for Big balla keep in mind it was 100 and odd ranked nicaragua.

People like you will give him a 1000s game after 1 decent game , no mek it 3.
                              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Some of the forumites always saw some talent in Mattocks. Mattocks had a very arrogant confidence which may have turned off some people but he was never a bad player and as you said his confidence is back, without the additional arrogance.
                                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                                X