Here's another reason why I keep saying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
    Okay fair enough; the JFF should develop talent. Say the JFF goes borrow money (to pay a big Int'L youth coaches) develop twelve ballas who were then signed to various clubs at age 18 (won u17 WC) How does the JFF get more money and cover the loan that they borrowed? Who Bayern, Inter pay to? The local clubs or JFF?
    Well, I don't know the answer to that question. I can only speculate. If the JFF is spending money to help develop players who are under 18, they should be required to be affiliated with a (local) club. And there could be some arrangement that the JFF get a cut of any transfer fees paid.

Here is what they are doing in T&T. The local Pro League teams (RSPL equivalent) are required to have associated age group teams that play in their own competitions. Now, realistically, not all of the clubs are funded enough to carry out this part of their mandate, so what some of them do is have an affiliation with a coaching school that provides them with the U13, U15 and U17 players... I'm not sure to what age group they go, but I know that they have to have those three age groups. Some clubs also approach some high schools and ask them to provide the players for their age group pro league teams... that is a win win for both Pro League club and school, as many school team mates get to play together for an entire year, albeit with some other players thrown into that mix.

The coaching schools, some might call them a "club", operate year round, but during the high school season, (Sep to end Nov) they take a back-seat to school. Players who are not on their school side still train with their "club".

If a player makes his school side but is not associated with any coaching school or club, it is usually recommended that he join one during the HS off-season (which is most of the year BTW). Sometime in mid Feb/early March the youth Pro League season starts and it runs until end June (about 18 weeks).

The Pro League sides are probably stronger than their equivalent high school age group team as there are fewer teams comprised of the best from the high schools. However, like JA, the HS competition will attract hundreds if not thousands of spectators to watch an inferior product, but that is a different topic.

The thing is this system provides an outlet for footballers after the euphoria of being in the limelight of HS football. They will play literally year round barring vacations etc.

I don't know if such an infrastructure is in place in JA, but it seems to be working for the Trinis. Just check how many "snowballaz" dem have... few to none!

Where the JFF or in this case the TTFA (and Pro League clubs) gain, is that they do not have to put out any $$ for the training of the boys as they pay their own way at the coaching schools. I know this as my son is a member of one such club. If you're interested see their website here: http://skhyfc.com/

There are a couple of Pro League teams who have their own in-house age group teams as they are well funded, but they are the exception...anyway, it is as I said a system of sorts and it is providing the national T&T teams with players at all age groups.

In this system, all the TTFA has done through the Pro League, is mandate the existence of age group teams playing in competition and really at no cost to them. The clubs/coaching schools are funded mainly by the players themselves.

Is anything like this in place in JA? That's what I wanted to find out.
    Last edited by Peter R; December 21, 2015, 09:48 AM.
    Peter R

Comment

Working...
    X