• Show
Clear All

• Marco van Basten's crazy ideas to revolutionize the game

No offsides? Ludicrous!

https://www.google.com/amp/www.indep...186.html%3Famp

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    .. and I fully endorse it.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

England certainly has too many games and competitions running concurrently. The EPL and the FA Cup is enough IMO. In Europe, when a team drops out of the CL that should be it for the season and not playing in the Europa Cup.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Additionally, I would like to see the clock stopped the last five minutes of every match...cut out the time wasting etc. I see sides take 25 seconds or more to take a throw-in, with impunity.

Using replays to check for offside (if it remains), and other infractions. And why can't a goal be called back if the ref has allowed it, but replay shows that it was illegal e.g. 'hand of God'.

Just my twenty cents AKA "pair-a-dime"! LOL
        Peter R

Comment

Except for limiting the number of games (PER PLAYER - not per CLUB), I don't want any of these to happen. I would rather offside only coming into play if a goal scores. In that event, every goal is reviewed, if the team scoring created an offside infraction, then the offside is called. Otherwise, play on. That way, there is no stoppage in play for offside unless a goal scores. Otherwise: No orange card, no sin bin, no shootouts, keep all competitions, etc. If you make the restriction on number of games on players, then clubs would have to use the youths which would aid in development.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Endorse what? No offsides?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Endorse what? No offsides?
              Yes ... get rid of the offside rule and let the game flow.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I agree with the replay argument on the offside. I will go further to say get rid of the calls that's subjective. These are the ones where they use this line on TV to show you it's offside because you the spectator can't see it not to mention the ref and lines men (who just make the call based on their immediate feelings).

Comment

Also, why instruct one side to pass the ball back to the other side, on some restarts? Why not just give the ball to the receiving team's keeper for a goal kick?
                  Peter R

Comment

Wow! I have been saying this for years and I can't seem to remember getting any support.

Better late than never, I suppose.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Shaka Hislop blasted him! Apparently these things were discussed confidentially in FIFA committee meetings are not really van Basten's own suggestions...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        Shaka Hislop blasted him! Apparently these things were discussed confidentially in FIFA committee meetings are not really van Basten's own suggestions...
                        He stole the offside one from me.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                        X