No announcement yet.

Talking about abundance of talent .... can someone say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't have abundance when the talent is not been reap. If you plant the crop, fertilize it, give it water then you will see the abundance. If you make it grow on god's resources then you will not see it.

Playing scrimage and joke football will not show any talent.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You don't have to look no further than T&F in Jamaica to see the benefits of having qualified teachers to find and develop the talent. Even the small schools have qualified T&F coaches, right down to the prep and primary school levels. Now we are seeing a number of track clubs that came into being just a few years ago starting to reap the rewards. Akon, GC Foster, Sprintec.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I have been pretty surprise at how many Jamaican coaches have been on decent qualification courses in Europe, in our region etc. We have a few with American qualification as well and in the diaspora. I have spoken to 3 coaches pretty decent coaches and they tell me of been on courses with Jamaican coaches. What is happening is that we have a few qualified coaches who just rather stay in their lane and coach high school because of the politics and back biting. You have coaches like Bradley Stewart, Donald "Iman Blak" Davis, Kark Brown and even the coach who coached Manning Cup Champion the 90(name miss me) I think it is Ardenne. These coaches sit aside and look on. They should be mentors to our young coaches.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It should be a mandate that football coaches hold the required education and certification just like any other teaching job.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

yes I support that but we also need to get our experienced coaches involved as mentors. Take note of what Simoes say he is doing now. He is now the coach of the coaches. We have some good young and smart coaches but we need to be on the same page. Certification help but we need to have basic standards to be followed and development tools. We need to have clinics for our best prospects, not just camps and we need to have regional workshops. Can't do it if the coaches are not on the same page.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              I am not a T&F fan Jangle ....just have to give the Germans their due .... When you say mojor footballing country ... would that include the island of Jamaica?
              Lazie, what have you gotten yourself into?

The forum cannot reconcile the Adjective ^abundance ^.

Every country have football talent. Abundance is just a feel good term .

If the abundance of talent that will represent Jamaica in the gold cup, (is the group that played in the Caribbean cup)...dawg nyam den suppah.
              Last edited by HL; June 28, 2017, 10:23 AM.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Well sticking to the adjective "abundance", I asked the question, "Can you say that Jamaica has more talent in track and field than say, Germany?"

Comment

Mista moderator, could you kindly transfer this post to the appropriate forum?

Thanks in advance.

Every time we provide the answer....unu change through question.

HL

Comment

My principal argument applies to Jamaican football so answer my question.

Comment

Jamaica (like every other country) has football talent. In Jamaicas' case there is not an abundance of football talent.

Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Germany, England, Iceland, Mexico, The Netherlands, USA......... etc etc have an ABUNDANCE if football talent.

Jamaica football talent is at best...a little less than average.

Chack & Feel on the other hand appears to be different.

HL

Comment

maybe we need to define " FOOTBALL talent"

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                          maybe we need to define " FOOTBALL talent"
                          LOL!!! At this pace ... it will never end.
                          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Not just adjectives, adverbs too, such as shortly.
                            In the beginning of the MLS' transition,it embarked on a recruitment programme in which Jamaicans were targeted.
                            Last edited by Rockman; June 28, 2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

The word Jamaica never escaped my keyboard ..... I repeat how difficult is it to understand that pure talent alone cannot and will not do it?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Where it's not being developed it becomes a distinction without a difference

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                                X