No announcement yet.

A word about licenses...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus here you have to pay for your stay for a week and you have to be on campus where ever it is which may run 1 grand, or 2.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

NO ! It would not be cheaper, it would be cheaper if we invested in our own e.g at least 3 to 4 coaches in the national program should have the A & B equivalent license.

* The Football Director - A

* Senior Coach-A

* U,23 -14 - B ( at least 2 with a B)

Be it 5k or 20 K its money well invested.

* 1st It gives confidence to the program
      * 2nd it saves money , in that these coaches will save U$A million$ every 4 years from renting a forgein white coach ,who leaves us without the knowledge when sacked and in debt.
      *3rd these same coaches can be our own instructors with a comprehemsive program to fit our culture, who keep up with best practices and certify our own (LOCALS) to the required standard,by putting on mandated clinics.
      Last edited by Sir X; July 29, 2017, 09:57 AM.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

That is where you are wrong. It would be cheaper and more coaches would benefit.

Just take a look at how St. Kitts under Kenroy set up theirs through the Minister of Education.

We could set it up with Ministry of Education, Universities, HEART. Way cheaper and beneficial to more. You could have at least 10-25 coaches in a program every year. You would only need to pay a instructor for about 3 months which is less than 20 grand US.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Break it down to me , given the parameters I gave you why its cheaper, by dismissing every suggestion I gave you by the (*)If you cant do that ,Johnny yuh a play wid yuhself.

* 1st It gives confidence to the program ?

* 2nd it saves money , in that these coaches will save U$A million$ every 4 years from renting a forgein white coach ,who leaves us without the knowledge when sacked and in debt?

*3rd these same coaches can be our own instructors with a comprehemsive program to fit our culture, who keep up with best practices and certify our own (LOCALS) to the required standard,by putting on mandated clinics ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The instructions will take place in Jamaica. One coach fly down set up the program and training Jamaican training instructors and run courses.

Classes would have up to 25 student. So you see the output? 25 to 4. You work with government institutions to lessen the cost and expense of running the tournament.

I remember my friend was going to pay for a kid to come to the Barca camp in Florida for 1 week. The cost of sending 1 kid was the cost of having a two week camp at a decent club with session and presentation done by a former national age group coach. The club planned for 20 and 40 kids show up.

You sit down with the government, with the institutions, and also get some sponsorship from JFF and maybe private partners and it is more manageable. We have educated coaches in Jamaica with PHDs and Masters so all it need is some knowledge transfer and tracking of progress over time.

If the coaches go overseas for 20 grand a pop. They still need to come back and find a way to run seminars and that cost is added. They will still need centers and organization which JFF is not good at.

I am sure if JFF or a coaches association go and sell this to HEART Trust it would be a winner for them. It would mean young kids are trained early too. The next generation of coaches would be young, educated and vibrant.

Comment

Thats the problem with your cost , it does not give the program any confidence, e.g

One coach fly down set up the program and training Jamaican training instructors and run courses.

I could extrapolate into the devil of those details, I will just add, that coach will no doubt cost money and it wont be 20 K.

Lets agree to disagree.

Comment

"I could extrapolate into the devil of those details, I will just add, that coach will no doubt cost money and it wont be 20 K."

How could you? By the way I should put "A coaching administrator". Someone who has experience setting up coaching certification courses.

Comment

Easy, but I wont.

A waste of time.

Comment

I know you won't. LOL!!!

Comment

Yep, I wont.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                        Gi mi ,mi ratings Pauly !

*I personally agree that they are important, and further agree they are necessary to set a certain standard.(Pauly)

*The one arguable expectation though is that licensing requirements would introduce a set of standards which can only help to benefit our football overall(Pauly)

Now to answer the (lie) that you have put forth that I havent offered solutions to deal with our financial situation,I have offered that the JFF,partner with other FA'S,FIFA and use its allocated 1.25 million to source said standard of licensure.

The figure you pull out of hot air ,isnt the one that I came up with,I saw on the net ,I saw $ 5 K and to the issue of teacher bias,its not reserved for the UEAFA courses ,other disciplines of educational certification not only sports report said bias.

Glad yuh twist yuh mouth,suh now yuh a advocate fi di ting,Welcome aboard Claffy.
                        As I have said many times before - you look pon the sky and shout: "THE SKY BLUE!" and expect other people to give you u props for what everyone else takes for granted. It gets more ridiculous, because from such an observation, you are prone to extrapolating into the insane, e.g. because the "sky is blue" you believe that you can simply fly a kite everyday, not factoring stormy weather, etc. Your scope is limited but ignorance large.

All that said, that figure "pulled out of hot air" is actually not. It includes many things that you in your ignorance are not aware of. The course fees can run now about $10K (they vary from locale to locale). The A license is $4K, the B license is $3K - the C is $1500 - $2K. Right there with the F (nominal), E, and D, you have $10K as I said before (the F, E and D cost around $1,000).

The remaining costs are associated the travel, lodging, equipment, repeat instruction if required etc. (Out of 35 candidates that took the C in December 2015, only 5 passed). I mentioned equipment - this is not only for training gear (which is not insignificant - cones, poles, ladders, mini goals, etc. can run into the $00's) but also for technology. Did you know for example that to take the A, B, and C license in the US a laptop computer is MANDATORY? Did you also know that there is a VIDEO taping requirement for training sessions and team meetings? Third, ALL exercises and assignments have to be handed in on the Digital Coaching Center site - which means an internet connection and more than just basic skills on the computer. So those costs can't be discounted.

On top of that, most coaches have to travel to take these courses. For example, the only available C license course this summer is in Oklahoma City. My friend from Miami who is going has to shell out: $400 for airfare, $89/night for room (9 nights), rental car $300/week, food he can expect another $120 at least, gas and other incidentals another $100 maybe. Now - that is only the FIRST phase. The second phase is his SECOND trip to Oklahoma in October. That part is only for 3 nights, but you can do the maths. On top of all of that, there is time off work. That is the case for EVERY license from A through D unless you are lucky enough to have the course held in your town...which is near impossible for most coaches. So, even if you want to say the cost I put forward is inflated, it is NOT insignificant and WAY out of reach for most aspiring Jamaican coaches.

There! Consider your ignorance proven...

And by the way the simple moral of the story is that the UEFA A and B (and equivalents) are simply TOO EXPENSIVE for us true seh "we bruk". Wheel and tun eedyboo.
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                          Thank you Father Paul. Yuh juss gi mi some serious knowledge. Is ah good ting mi name di eternal Learner .

So yuh mean to tell mi say nuff ah dem whey mi see pon TV ah pose say dem ah coach dem ah nuh real coach? Yah man ah fren put dem deh. Nat even luv di game. Sake ah so dem wi do anyting fi win.

Thanks again, Respek.
                          Jawge - that is very true. It is something not talked about because it would disrupt the apple cart. A friend of mine who is coaching in Georgia (an A license coach) never played the game and only started coaching because his kids played. He told me that "in no uncertain terms - they would NEVER give me an A today". That is because they are tightening the standards (good) but also because they are giving preference to coaches who are coaching in an institution where there is a high level of play. You now have to APPLY (not sign up) for the USSF B and god help you if you a) don't have good references b) are not coaching in a top club or c) outside their "profile" - there is rumbling that they are showing preference to "Americans", you can read into that subtext what you want.

Still - yes. Many of the coaches you see on TV who were former players are not there because they have any academic coaching prowess. Maradona was a great player, but useless as a coach. Rafa was never a player, but a great coach. Playing at a high level does not translate to being a good coach. It would make far more sense for former players that aspire to coach to take a test, but as my friend said "is a mafia business".
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post

Mi a tell yuh bout di bridge ting,20 K mi a charge fi a 5ft lead pipe and sell it as bridge, nuff simpleton out deh !
                            No - only one - you! I break it down here...your ignorance should be prefaced with trying to educate yourself. You're not very smart to begin with, but damn, try nuh! http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...484#post579484

Comment

Why not make it 50 K,upgrade the travel and lodging to 1st class,thats how they do it at TRUMP university ?

Whether its 5 to 50k,we need that knowledge running our program from a Jamaican perspective.

Its is imperative that we have our own people certified.Are you saying because the cost is what you deem high,we should shelf it ?

If it is so,why ?
                              Surely you didnt post this crap to enlighten us ,so we can debate cost !

No one expected it to be free Claffy!Sass put forth a suggestion of having a Jamaica run seminar,would the cost be cheaper,I also put forth partnerships with FAs would that help bring down cost,you gave me a 1st world view of how they attain the certification,could we explore a 3rd world way as per cost ?

That said even at 50 k ,it is worth it !
                              Last edited by Sir X; July 29, 2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                                Provincial b is a 1000 but your club should pay it back. But UEFA is more depending where you go.Then if you are doing A courses they are lot of throry for 2-4 grand various levels. you could easily spend 20k. Certification is one type of coaching education and it's really a standard test but you have lots of privately run sessions where you have Ajax or Frunord coaches come in for a weekend and work with coaches.Those adds up. Even the NSCAA is a good opportunity but it adds up.
                                I have to come to Canada. No club I have been with pays for sh!t. KMT. Does a USSF C qualify as a prerequisite for a Canadian A or B?

Comment

Working...
                                X