ManUites....let's talk new coaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ManUites....let's talk new coaches

Dead Man Walking - OGS. That's a safe assumption/conclusion right? So there were 4 names that have been floating around as being on the shortlist:

1. Zidane
    2. Conte
    3. Brendan Rodgers
    4. Erik Ten Hag

It was reported a long time ago that Zidane wasn't interested in the job, and now the latest reports have re-affirmed his continued disinterest. I was never a big fan of Zidane despite his accomplishments. So no big loss in my book. My choice comes down to Conte and a consideration of Erik Ten Hag. I want an accomplished coach who shows passion and is a drill master to deal with these big egos. Conte is Murinho-like risk though. A fellow ManUite bredrin of mine told me a long time ago during Murinho's reign that today's social media players require a "Cheerleader Coach" to play for. Coaches of Murinho's ilk are outdated. Erik Ten Hag has a similar profile to Tomas Tuchel. The difference is that the Lige 1 is a better league than the Eredivisie. However, the big caveat is that, Tuchel has always had several millionaires as players and an unlimited transfer budget at his disposal. Do we take the chance with a young forward thinking coach with potential? Why not?

That was the fantasy. The reality though is that the cabal that runs the club, with Fergie as the head, don't want a coach who will oppose them and render them useless old white men. So instead of cauterizing the wound now by firing OGS, they won't make any moves until January, if we fans are lucky, or at best next summer.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Jangle, after seeing how Ole failed to make any adjustments during the last game ..... I would take anybody .....except Steve Bruce.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Brendan Rogers!! Hmmmmm

At least he paces the sidelines..............
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Get Rodgers pleasssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, he always wanted an unlimited transfer budget.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Whatever happened to Frank Rijkaard, he would make a good interim coach, he will come cheap, certainly has the ability to do well with a squad of quality players, he is ,in my view, The manager that highlighted flair football, savvy at making effective substitutions, and has some unfinished business regarding solidifying his place in history as a worthy manager .
          One thing good came from the humiliation we suffered in the last game,a thorough critique resulted, OGS and the team have the blueprint to become better.
          I expect the side to grind out better results hereafter, but I still want OGS to leave , I am just worried about the backward steps we will take hiring accredited managers ill-suited for the task at hand, the likes of the current manager predecessors.
          An interim coach is what we need for now.

Comment

Rocky, I can always depend on you to come from left field. Rijkaard?????? Where is he coaching nowadays????
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jangle, where is Mourinho or van Gaal coaching, do we want them?
              Frank would be an interim coach, and he will likely come cheap given...
              He would fail miserably with bottom half clubs but I think he will do wonders with a club with intriguing players.
              I do not think you remember what he did at Barca, and the countless players that rose to prominence under his regime.
              Barca, prior to Frank..,was spot and image of today's Man U.
              Again, he will do nicely as an interim coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                Jangle, where is Mourinho or van Gaal coaching, do we want them?
                Frank would be an interim coach, and he will likely come cheap given...
                He would fail miserably with bottom half clubs but I think he will do wonders with a club with intriguing players.
                I do not think you remember what he did at Barca, and the countless players that rose to prominence under his regime.
                Barca, prior to Frank..,was spot and image of today's Man U.
                Again, he will do nicely as an interim coach.
                Rockman, you just say some stuff without anything to support the claim but hang onto that position because .... you said so? Frank has not coached a big team since Barca. he has not coached since 2013, but you are convinced he would do nicely as an interim? Come on dude ..
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Rocky, the game has changed significantly over the last 10 years, and that's due to new coaching ideas. During Fergie's reign, he was successful using true wingers to cross balls into the 18. Football was played using structured formations. Barcelona, under Pep came with a different system with players in unorthodox positions. The False 9 position emerged. Other coaches followed. Coaches started using inverted wingers - left-footers playing on the right wing and vice-versa. The game has evolved. The EPL has evolved. Now smaller teams have better coaches who are bringing new ideas. Just look at how the smaller teams has gotten creative with their set-pieces to score goals. Calling for Rijkaard is like asking Kerron Stewart to come out of retirement to run against Elaine Thompson.

Comment

Lazie, what arguments did I made that I failed to support?
                    It is true Frank hasn't coached..., that is why I assert he will come cheap and would make a good interim coach.
                    It is very unlikely our next coach will sign a contract for tenure spanning less than 3 years, if he fails( like the previous ones, termination of that contract will be costly, not to mention the players he brings in and the ones he sends packing.I am very concern about entering into any long term agreement...

Jangle, profound arguments but why do you think Frank is incapable of adapting?
                    He did exactly that at Barca.
                    What if Man U ends the season nicely, we would be stuck with OGS.

Comment

My bredrin always tell me that as a fan of ManU, don't watch the money. God knows we've wasted a lot and will waste much more. The payout for OGS is 7mil, more than Van Gyal and Murinho's. We as fan have many more years of sufferation to endure. I identified the real problem some years ago and some fans are just catching up to me. It starts firstly with the Glazers being the rich owners who don't care about football. They installed Big Ed who makes them a bag o' money and has total autonomy over the runnings of the club. It's a sweet deal for them. Big Ed is a football moron who refused to relinquish power. The board is made up of rich old white men who relish their power and their status quo. The club is being ran on nostalgia and the power brokers refuse or are slow to adapt to the new world. They are still using Rolodex and fax machines and sending pictures of their grandkids via email.

By the way, I saw a report saying that Big Ed is looking to extend his departure until April 2022. Classic Bait n Switch.

Paul Hayward

@_PaulHayward
                      A big factor with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is that Ed Woodward and co were scarred by working with Mourinho etc. OGS didn't have the same power, so they could dictate to him more, in a committee system. If they sacked him, they'd lose that control over the manager.

Comment

notice how you conveniently didn't mention one of your clubs biggest problems...sir alex...

Comment

My fellow Manuligans,good job staying focus in our discussion, totally ignoring the mosquito buzzing sounds annoying to our ears.
                          Maybe a slight breeze will send them back to the built overnight City the are from or the septic Pool they hatched from.

Comment

How Pool get into this ?
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                              The reality though is that the cabal that runs the club, with Fergie as the head, don't want a coach who will oppose them and render them useless old white men. So instead of cauterizing the wound now by firing OGS, they won't make any moves until January, if we fans are lucky, or at best next summer.

Sir Alex Ferguson is pushing for Steve Bruce to take interim charge of Manchester United, according to reports.

Comment

Working...
                              X