X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please see new in Articles - Raymond Anderson should be

...the new JFF President.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/a...-jff-president
    Last edited by Karl; January 5, 2024, 10:49 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Current JFF's Ricketts' led administration actions brought this - https://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/...rlz-ambassador

Jamaica Football Federation

20 St Lucia Crescent

Kingston

Jamaica

To All Who May Be Concerned:

Next month will mark ten years since my youngest son brought home a flyer from his soccer coach about the U20 Reggae Girlz. That flyer was the impetus for my initial query into women's football and all of the amazing things that have happened since Captain Burrell first shared his vision and asked me to work alongside him as Global Ambassador for the Jamaica Women's Football programme.

When I accepted the role, I pledged that I would "bring help, I will bring support; I will bring funds, and I will do all within my power to make sure that our senior Reggae Girlz get what is possible for the campaign to the 2015 World Cup in Canada.

Since 2014, the joint support of the Bob and Rita Marley Foundations, along with a list of great partners, has allowed for us to invest more than US$2.75 million dollars in the growth and development of Jamaican women's football. We have worked diligently with the federation to build a solid women's programme. The results of this work speak for themselves as the Reggae Girlz have gone on to literally make history - not once, not twice, but repeatedly.

That being said, I must express my disappointment and growing concern with the turn things have taken in recent months. After the World Cup, I was under the impression that we all were committed to working together to build on that success. However, the ever-widening rift between the JFF and the team is very alarming. Numerous overtures to each of you to voice my concern and try to assist with a resolution continue to be met with a non-committal, generic response.

The current state of affairs leads me to conclude that the federation is neither receptive to nor interested in my current manner of support. Therefore, I am tendering my resignation as Global Ambassador, effective immediately.

Going forward, I will continue to support the development of Jamaican women's football under the Football is Freedom initiative.

Sincerely,

Cedella Marley
    Last edited by Karl; January 5, 2024, 11:08 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
    X