RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delano Williams - best sprinter in Champs history!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice yute, his parents must be proud!

Comment

Yes, he is the most accomplished Champs sprinter and between him and Blake are the rangiest...100 to 400m at a world class level.

Comment

Before this discussion started I'm sure many would agree with you, but it's so difficult to give Mosiah and MC this glory that many have changed their minds.

I can think of so many athletes that have set records at Champs that even Stoni would agree cannot walk in Delano's shoes. So why all of a sudden records are important!? Delano is beating World champions!

Okay, so Blake's and Bolt's records are special, propelling them to world champions in their respective events. But a true sprinter does the 100m and the 200m.

Stoni makes a decent case for Manley, but I've always found the story a little too fantastic. And hand-timed races just can't compare to the real deal in any way, shape or form! Was there any wind gauge reading?

And all the talk about Raymond Graham and the rest. Look at Tesfa Latty, didn't he have the 100m record?!? Is he really in Delano's class!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tesfa was very very good, but his body self destructed.

Delano is more versatile though...100 to 400

To me Blake is a better 100m runner and Delano is better at 400. 200 is more debatable, but Blake edges there too.

Overall, its very reasonable to acclaim Delano as Champs sprint King.

Comment

No man, I think he is excellent and I did not say plain journeyman, I said 'journeyman champion' consistently good even spectacular but not in the class of the 'best ever' in my mind.

Best ever has got to break some records do something for the ages, excellent all round performance but not phenomenal.

So from your standpoint who do you say is the greatest.

Comment

Yeah, agree, but I am talking about winning the title and breaking the record same time, same guy.

Comment

I don't have an opinion on the greatest eva...but mi favorite sprinta mi si at Champs is one yute name Everard Samuels
                Last edited by Don1; March 17, 2013, 08:19 PM.
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Title and record is what I am talking about. Pure respect for Delano, wish e was a yard man, but you said 'best ever' and I know you we're just feeling good, but I couldn't leave 'best ever' alone.

Comment

Willi, I like how you say that! Very nice Jedi trick.

Comment

well all mi know is dat deh yute great....outa class

A good case can be made for him being Champs' GOAT sprinta
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Yep, saw him and he should have been on my list.

Comment

Working...
                        X