Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No !!! Zharnel Hughes is not the new Usain Bolt

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/oth...Rio-Games.html

Hughes would not have a problem getting a Jamaican passport (it is his birth right) or choosing Jamaica as his first adult team but be cannot make the Jamaica Rio team. The comparison Bolt is laughable. Bolt set his Youth records after easing of the gas because there was no competition. This Youth came from behind to set his record.
    Last edited by Time; April 1, 2014, 07:01 PM.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

My understanding as per Jamaican citizenship is its automatic if either parent is Jamaican,you don't have to be born in JA.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
      My understanding as per Jamaican citizenship is its automatic if either parent is Jamaican,you don't have to be born in JA.
      Yes, that is what I meant by birth right. He is Jamaican by Birth via his mother.
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

doesn't make dollars or sense to run for jamaica...he probably wouldn't make the team anyway...

Comment

Making the team is one thing ,dollars and sense is another,if he runs for JA and beats all under the sun,it makes dollars and sense ,esp in the black,gold and green.Sorry to buss yuh bubble.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

well he isn't gonna beat all under the sun...so he better take the guaranteed money from GB...he is a boy in a man's game...he won't be ready for 4-5 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              well he isn't gonna beat all under the sun...so he better take the guaranteed money from GB...he is a boy in a man's game...he won't be ready for 4-5 years...
              Precisely.

Comment

Not by birth if he was not born in Jamaica. He would have to be naturalized as a Jamaican

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  Not by birth if he was not born in Jamaica. He would have to be naturalized as a Jamaican
                  No my learned friend. Under Chapter of the Jamaica Constitution is not required to be naturalized because he was a citizen the moment that he popped out of his mother, i.e. at birth i.e. by birth.

The same is true for children like Senator Ted Cruz who born in Canada and Senator John McCain who was born in Panama. That is why they are eligible to become US President despite the Natural born restriction for candidate for US Presidency.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural...citizen_clause

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                    No my learned friend. Under Chapter of the Jamaica Constitution is not required to be naturalized because he was a citizen the moment that he popped out of his mother, i.e. at birth i.e. by birth.
                    Your post is inaccurate

The boy is not formally Jamaican...He's merely able to claim for Jamaican citizenship by descent...once he applies
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

That is my understanding as well. However I think the article is overstating the "red tape" involved for a situation such as this. Robbie Earl made it sound pretty straightforward for the UB40s in his book. They went to the Jamaican embassy and signed some papers, more or less.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Not just that. Bolt was 16 when he set his Champs 200 and 400 metre records. By the time Bolt was Hughes' age he was running 19.93 in the 2.

Pity he didn't run the 100 in those days.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Actually it WAS accurate. A child born to a Jamaican father legally married was automatically Jamaican. This was later extended to women and unmarried parents. To make it "fair" for all, they changed the rules to force all to formally apply for citizenship by descent.

I know this as it applies in my case. They said that while this was legally true for my daughter, she still had to procedurally apply like all the other categories. Dem standardize di thing.

Comment

That is all it is...along with providing parents' surfitikit (and paying some dallaz)! LoL

Comment

I guess y'all were the ones saying Bolt will be a flop when he jogged in last in that world championship 200m race. And that he can't stay with Puma after winning in Beijing if he wants to make money, and that he can't live Jamaica anymore, etc., etc.?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X