• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not called any names.

Your educated guess is nonsense!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
      Well if you don't know you're out of order to be casting aspersions.

Desist
      http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...letes_18311274

"I will start with a report that's just come from a school in western Jamaica. The old boys' association had written to me telling me a story of a particular young person, talented sportsperson, who has been bought by another school," said Thwaites.

"Some persons in that school had trumpeted what a wonderful thing it is to give students the opportunities," he added.

The school Thwaites appeared to be referring to is Manning Cup champion Jamaica College, which came out defending their stance on transfers, citing that they are providing better opportunities for student athletes.

Don, have you written to the Minister and ask him to desist from making such statements about school buying students? Have you written to the journalist and ask them to desist from calling JC name?
      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
        http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...letes_18311274

"I will start with a report that's just come from a school in western Jamaica. The old boys' association had written to me telling me a story of a particular young person, talented sportsperson, who has been bought by another school," said Thwaites.

"Some persons in that school had trumpeted what a wonderful thing it is to give students the opportunities," he added.

The school Thwaites appeared to be referring to is Manning Cup champion Jamaica College, which came out defending their stance on transfers, citing that they are providing better opportunities for student athletes.

Don, have you written to the Minister and ask him to desist from making such statements about school buying students? Have you written to the journalist and ask them to desist from calling JC name?
        I'm addressing you ...not any Termite Minister.

I didn't see any reference to JC from Thwaites. I saw a deduction from a typically inept Jamaican journalist. It is their job to broadcast unsubstantiated claims to help sell newspapers i.e. tabloid trash

You pick up that drivel and start casting your own ignorant aspersions.

Desist
        Last edited by Don1; February 2, 2015, 01:20 AM.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

I never accused you of calling names. You have been scrupulous where that's concerned. Otherwise I would have called you out on that langlang time.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Mi are you saying we should deny a youth the chance to buss,because others can't do same,or are you so concerned about the youth educational standard that you would deny him the chance to buss because he cannot reach X standard?...seriously we have a educational system where a regular youths drops out for social reasons in droves!....Seriously the alternative of a good education has been a failure. What you need to argue for is a transfer system with educational/social guarantees.
            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
              Mi are you saying we should deny a youth the chance to buss,because others can't do same,or are you so concerned about the youth educational standard that you would deny him the chance to buss because he cannot reach X standard?...seriously we have a educational system where a regular youths drops out for social reasons in droves!....Seriously the alternative of a good education has been a failure. What you need to argue for is a transfer system with educational/social guarantees.
              A transfer system with educational/social guarantees for the student is what most of use desire. However, weaker schools are losing their talent to stronger schools and the alumni and schools want a fair solution hence the complaints to the Minister. I am against any transfer ban because it is going to hurt needy student but we can't just ignore the complaints coming from the alumni of the weaker schools. Those weak schools are spending what little they have on training and its painful to lose their best talent before they graduate.

The Minister said this in 2012;

"Many of the schools the students are 'bought' from are trying to find their feet in the ISSA competitions and it is unfortunate when their best talent is lured to other places," he said. (Minister Thwaites.)

How do we help the needy students who would benefit from a transfer and also keeping encouraging the alumni of the weaker schools to keep pumping money into their schools sports? We find a way for the school that lost the talent to recoup their training costs. If we can't design that system then a transfer ban will be the other solution. The direction where the Minister is heading is that if you transfer then you can't play any ISSA sports. That would be cruel to needy students.
              Last edited by Time; February 2, 2015, 08:57 AM.
              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Well thats the balance that they need to deal with ,how are weaker schools compensated , transfer, buying , relocation for a chance to buss , should not be denied to any student.This hypocrsy that you are looking out for the youths educatioanl well being is B.S, if he was nobody and failing in our educational systems, where are you for those that dont have the talent to buss ?.......Ohh PlEASE....gI DI YUTE IM FRIDGE & STOVE.....@ Mo !
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Aspersions as in calling Cornwall College an inferior school?
                  It becomes aspersion if it is not true,do you know it isn't?
                  What is your views.. if it is true?
                  Also that "..likkle girl comment" is a sexist remark!

Comment

Whe yuh jump inna big man tings fah

[QUOTE]
                    Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                    Aspersions as in calling Cornwall College an inferior school?
                    When you make a charge like this there should be some evidence. I don't see where that school was mentioned by me or anyone else

It becomes aspersion if it is not true,do you know it isn't?
                    What is your views.. if it is true?
                    Truth requires evidence. I haven't seen any

Also that "..likkle girl comment" is a sexist remark!
                    Who cares??

If you do take up your complaint with someone who does

Comment

Here is the joke Mosiah...the Blue people cannot come back to the parents asking for their money back because it was paid over illegally in the first place. This particular parent would not need appliances by the way....
                      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                      Che Guevara.

Comment

I care! Not because we don't have many women on the forum means we must really gwaan like is a wukliss rum bar!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          I care! Not because we don't have many women on the forum means we must really gwaan like is a wukliss rum bar!
                          Ok...no worries. Mek Rocky report tuh yuh tribunal pon dat

BTW...Speaking of Ladies....
                          Dem ave Fashion Week ah come up .... Nuff moggling an one big trailer-load ah girls of all nations...

Mi ave all-access wid zero fees fi yuh & company....suh juss mek mi know whe yuh ah deal wid

Cyaan seh mi neva warn yuh

Comment

Gwaan Blue Pirates!

McCarthy happy at JC

McCarthy
                            After missing Champs, controversial student adjusts to life at new school

SHAYNE FAIRMAN, STAR Writer

CARIFTA youth discus record holder Vashon McCarthy is relishing life at Jamaica College, despite not being able to represent them at this year's Inter-Secondary Sports Association/Grace Kennedy Boys and Girls' Athletics Championships, and promises big performances in the Dark Blues uniform next year.

"It was a big opportunity for me and I decided to come to JC because they decided to help me with academics and sports," he said.

http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/2015...s/sports1.html

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses.....

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              Gwaan Blue Pirates!

McCarthy happy at JC

McCarthy
                              After missing Champs, controversial student adjusts to life at new school

SHAYNE FAIRMAN, STAR Writer

CARIFTA youth discus record holder Vashon McCarthy is relishing life at Jamaica College, despite not being able to represent them at this year's Inter-Secondary Sports Association/Grace Kennedy Boys and Girls' Athletics Championships, and promises big performances in the Dark Blues uniform next year.

"It was a big opportunity for me and I decided to come to JC because they decided to help me with academics and sports," he said.

http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/2015...s/sports1.html
                              ..... yearning to breathe free, (and be part of the greatest school franchise )
                              The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
                              Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
                              I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Wooooiiieee Mi Blue Pirates!!! Saving di yutes from Damnation!!!

Last edited by Don1; February 2, 2015, 08:38 PM.

Comment

the thickness of the Class 1 shot put ball has nothing on his....lawks look at the time
                                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                                Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                                X