No announcement yet.

So ISSA just realise they can do a little more for the Youth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You think any league can tell NCAA or even high school sport what to do?

They work together in most cases for the betterment of the sports. Nobody is saying JFF is not responsible but that doesn't mean other organization doesn't play major role.

In the US it is common place to be able to get this kind of information from any progressive school, some have their college night or weekend and have coaches visit, some assist athlete with their school work. This is not anything new or out of the ordinary, this is nothing extra ordinary.
    Last edited by Assasin; February 5, 2016, 11:30 PM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

League???.......In the U.S. the national federation (USSF/U.S. Soccer) is responsible for formulating & implementing the national program, to effectively & efficiently develop our youth players.......Academies from MLS, USL, NASL, as well as independent academies (some associated with international teams like PSG & Chelsea), are a part of the national program, BUT it is all MANAGED by the national federation.

- Who MANAGES the national development program in Jamaica???

Comment

In the USA high school and college plays a big role in developing athletes. They will work with the national governing body but they have their own rules, they have their own standards and polices.

Despite anything you are saying even last night the US national team had two players that played at Stanford University last year. I was a student athlete in America for 4 years and they provide administrative help, they have their own governing body and their own rules, that no national organization can't change. The college and the national governing bodies WILL TELL Colleges and high school plays an important role in development of the student athlete, No two way about it.

You think Klingsmann can tell any of the college soccer boards what to do? You think NFL can tell SEC what to do? Out of interest they work in sync in most cases but these organization work in their best interest. It is in ISSA interest to put a better product on the field and work in the interest of players who represents them. That in turn put more money in their pocket, make their organization stronger. There only goal can't be to get sponsorship and punish when they see fit.
        Last edited by Assasin; February 6, 2016, 09:18 AM.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

This was published in August last year... I have no idea if it happened.
          http://www.issasports.com/index.php/...olboy-football
          Peter R

Comment

I & anyone who knows about soccer in the United States, knows that USSF/U.S. Soccer FORMULATES, IMPLEMENTS & MANAGES our national development program.

Do you know who is responsible for formulating, implementing & managing the national development program in Jamaica???.......If you know, who is it???

Comment

Thank you Peter, good info. Would like to know if it worked out.

So actually ISSA can do more than just extend PE?

Comment

So who said JFF don't? what is your point, where did I say the JFF didn't?

ISSA is also an affiliate of JFF if I think I am right. All that doesn't mean ISSA don't have any responsibility to THEIR student athlete. ISSA make their own polices and rules independent of JFF.

Comment

WTF is wrong with this clown???.......I ask you a simple question & you get defensive and start reeling off all this BS that has nothing to do with the question.......Anyone who follows soccer knows that national federations are SUPPOSED to be responsible for formulating, implementing & managing the national development program, BUT I don't see the JFF doing anything and I see, on occasions, posters talking about an organization/body called ISSA, so I wanted some clarification.......Don't worry, I'll get the info from someone who knows.

Comment

LOL!!!. Any and everybody knows the JFF is the governing body for football in Jamaica and ISSA is an affilliate and ISSA responsible for school boy football.

I think I was talking about High school football and the development of the student athlete in this thread.

Comment

Not that it's a negative but....If this data collection is implemented it will not move player improvement in any way. That is certain. It will merely be used for historical referencing i.e. idle reminiscing

Data is only effective if a development system is in place to leverage its use. We have no system...that's the problem.

All this yappin about the USA doing this or that (read Stoni & Sass ) then trying to ape exactly what it does is quite laughable.

People who have no experience raising greenfield projects from the ground up to success don't know that in JA we need unique, JA-specific solutions...not blind copying in a vacuum
                      Last edited by Don1; February 6, 2016, 10:37 AM.
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
                        WTF is wrong with this clown???.......I ask you a simple question & you get defensive and start reeling off all this BS that has nothing to do with the question.......Anyone who follows soccer knows that national federations are SUPPOSED to be responsible for formulating, implementing & managing the national development program, BUT I don't see the JFF doing anything and I see, on occasions, posters talking about an organization/body called ISSA, so I wanted some clarification.......Don't worry, I'll get the info from someone who knows.
                        ISSA = Inter-Secondary Schools Sports Association i.e. a group of volunteers from secondary schools who organize & run recreational sports competitions for such schools... basketball, track, netball, football, badminton, swimming, table tennis, cricket etc etc

Generally these competitions run for a few months with wildly varying levels of competence & facilities based on the background of the schools involved. Some competitions (track & football) have 100+ year traditions and relatively strong sponsor, media, public, school & alumni support....Others competitions are afterthoughts

Apparently Sass wants ISSA to have a leading role in developing football players and is critical of it not doing more...

However he is strangely mute re the Jamaica Football Federation and its obviously colossal failures over the past 18 years of ZERO SYSTEMATIC DEVELOPMENT & ZERO WCQ (senior) ... go figure

I find it quite weird
                        Last edited by Don1; February 6, 2016, 11:00 AM.
                        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Thank you for the info.......Assasin is so deeply rooted in high school & college soccer that he feels he must constantly defend both, regardless what question you ask.

He's telling me about how important high school soccer is to the U.S. program, BUT for the last 5 years U.S. Soccer has not scouted/used any high school soccer players for the national youth teams.......He's talking about no one telling NCAA what to do, BUT the NCAA is now working to make the changes that U.S. Soccer recommended, so they can remain a relevant part of the national program, & that's been endorsed by the top college coaches & some directors. I wonder if he realized that 6 picks in the recently concluded MLS Draft were forfeited, because teams didn't see any players worth drafting & some teams traded away their picks for allocation money, to sign players outside the draft.

Comment

I have spoken over and over about the shortcoming of the JFF but you wouldn't see it, typical you.

The fact is if football have to do better in Jamaica, JFF will have to do more, ISSA, clubs, parents, communities and other organization with interest in the sport will have to do MORE.

Comment

I am sure all progressive organization collect data, that is just step 1 for development and improvement.

Anything not from Don1 is not worth anyone's time. You forget you was the one who was Yapping that Jamaica should follow US in soccer development? How soon you forget.

As usual only when Don1 say it is worth anybody's time..
                              Last edited by Assasin; February 6, 2016, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Simple stuff, Issa is the core of Jamaican sports, no way around that and has the most direct influence of the shape of rules, discipline, competition behaviour plus they have the discipline and punishment tool, their influence us masdlsive in shaping direction and path. Ignoring that is like trying to build a pyramid without a base, it is impossible!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X