No announcement yet.

Listening to the news last evening, it was

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, regarding the rights of citizens, I see the JFJ and FAST or on the case already. I'm sure they will do a good job to bring some of the facts into the open. I do hope Lewin is serious about respecting rights and if police acted outside of the law in this operation they should be punished and/or dismissed.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yeah. I couldn't understand that point. And when yuh think that "informing" is a big taboo in those communities, it might be very hard to get something out of them for any charge to be laid anywhere.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
        are you saying that everyone is question should be charged? You dont think police can question people and then release them. Explain what you are saying.
        Why were they detained in the first place? Not one a dem charged? NOt even fi a spliff? Better dem di use Karl strategy and tun dem inna bud.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie tell me what you expect him to do?

The operation completed and he must be getting reports. Do you want your Prime Minister to jump and make an assumption?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            I would not be surprised. What people must realise is that Tivoli is not Tivoli by some sort of random evolutionary process. There is organisation and purpose in what happens there. When I go there at some times of the night, my movements do not go unnoticed and "security", with guns drawn, have met my arrival before.

Who here believes that the recovery of 5 guns, including an M-16, represents some significant dent in their arsenal? Well, have I got a multi-purpose stadium in Trelawny for yah! I have seen as many as that in one night at Tivoli, from the shiniest chrome ting that Munga never leaves behind, to some rifles straight outta Bonanza. And this was just an ordinary dance.

Unnu can stay deh!
            Regarding Munga, the chrome ting him talk bout is a likkle knife. yuh never read the story?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
              reported that about 40 men were detained during the operation in Tivoli. By yesterday all 40 was released without charge. I guess unuh nuh see nothing wrong with that. Pity di police nevah tun dem inna bud fi hanging round criminals.

I don't give a fock who gives the gov't the thumps up for this ... this is a clearly deserving of a bad grade by the Golding gov't. Unuh waan complain bout broken promises? Well ... here is one.
              huh!? what are you saying now lazie... the police should just arbitrarily charge these 40 people without just cause...

to even suggest that law enforcement
              tun dem inna bud fi hanging round criminals
              is asinine...
              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

just go buy the stadium Iyah,

cho!!!!
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

sarcasm, i hope or else there is a stadium inna trelawny weh mosiah a sell...

Comment

Lazie when them have demonstration in NY how many peopple the police then detain and release? and nuh gun never did a fire at the NY Cops?

That is human treatment. They didn't hold them for extended period and hopefully just question them and let them go.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                      huh!? what are you saying now lazie... the police should just arbitrarily charge these 40 people without just cause...

to even suggest that law enforcement is asinine...
                      I recall there was on the forum talking about giving up some rights .... I laughed when I saw it.

I wonder what your reaction would be if you were rounded up and locked up over night for nothing? Unuh mek mi laff more time.

Comment

mosiah... it is clear to me that many forumites don't fully comprehend that place called tivoli... seriously, if i never have the first hand experience of the culture of tivoli, i dont think i could really understand that a community could operate in such a grave manner...

most people see passa passa, people raving, everybody seeming to have a good peaceful time... they hear that tivoli peaceful, nothing nuh gwaan dung deh or else... dem really nuh understand how de place run...

iz not a joke ting...

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          Lazie when them have demonstration in NY how many peopple the police then detain and release? and nuh gun never did a fire at the NY Cops?

That is human treatment. They didn't hold them for extended period and hopefully just question them and let them go.
                          Oh .. there was a demonstration in Tivoli? I supported the JLP admin and I still do, but this whole senario is a blot on their record. Disagree all yuh want. Worse the police admit innocent people were killed? Yuttie said it best casualities of war ... Jamaica is at war. Likkle most mi call him George Bush.

Comment

that is common place in America and England or any first world country.

The fact is they were not treating wrongly and the police must let them know that they didn't commit any crime but helping to fight the war.

Comment

HAHAHAHA! Sorry, a true! But knife dung a Tivoli tuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                                mosiah... it is clear to me that many forumites don't fully comprehend that place called tivoli... seriously, if i never have the first hand experience of the culture of tivoli, i dont think i could really understand that a community could operate in such a grave manner...

most people see passa passa, people raving, everybody seeming to have a good peaceful time... they hear that tivoli peaceful, nothing nuh gwaan dung deh or else... dem really nuh understand how de place run...

iz not a joke ting...
                                I have never attempted to give anyone the impression that I know anything about Tivoli, suh come again.

Comment

Working...
                                X