Suh Usain Bolt put him foot inna him mouth? Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suh Usain Bolt put him foot inna him mouth? Now

him people affi a duh some damage control.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

what him do?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      what him do?
      Gave an interview in Germany and stated he experimented with ganga as a youngster. It is alleged that he said "When you're a child in Jamaica, you learn how to roll a joint," he said. "Everyone tried marijuana, including me, but I was really young."

I've never rolled a joint in my life ...if he did say something like that ... why would he? His manager was on NNN this morning trying to cool it down.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The part about him experimenting with weed is not a big deal to me. But he went too far by reinforcing the idea that every Jamaican youth smokes weed
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The smoking of weed is so widespread in Jamaica, or at least the experimentation with it, that I don't see a problem with such a generalisation. Only a fool will believe that every single person in Jamaica has smoked weed.

This is not newsworthy.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah, when you are a superstar, almost anything you say is "newsworthy".

A superstar athlete talking about drug use of any kind is going to make headlines.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Perhaps, but sometimes we add to the "worthiness". I refuse to allow the news to dictate to me what is important.

You ask, who is you?

hehheh!

Just like how a presidential candidate's experimentation is not a big deal anymore, we need to realise that Bolt experimenting back in Sherwood Content is not a story, and his suggesting that we all do it, is merely a generalisation, and a correct one at that, because 10s of thousands of Jamaicans do use it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

But when you are president of the United States, experimenting with drugs is water under the bridge, kids just being kids.

They need to try a bit harder with the controversial stories.

Comment

I agree with that, a lot of nonsense makes the news that in my view at least, is not important.

I just think that with track and field being what it is today, I think there is some justification with that story getting a day or two of attention.

Now if it was Damian Marley who said that, or any Jamaican artiste past or present for that matter, I think it would be a non-story.

Comment

It's a story because of what happened with that swimma fella. I guess some people are happy now because the other star also touched some illegal stuff.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yeah I am sure that has a lot to do with it.

Comment

Thank God it wasn't carried in the American media - I read it yesterday in one of Jamaica's daily Tabloids
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

the main thing here is that it was bolt who said it, not some video sufacing or some childhood pal selling his story for 100K.

clinton and obama admitted early drug use and it did not derail their candidacy because their admission took any edge of it.

i think that he was given the go ahead to say it, but i agree that the secondary statements are what may require damage control...i.e. in jamaica everyone does it...

aside, tourism may see a big spike!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yeah BUT it was bolt's open and frank admission not a video surfacing or anything like that.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                              aside, tourism may see a big spike!!!!
                              tink is joke!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X