No announcement yet.

Interesting, Tami Chynn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It nuh matter to me what she want fe sing. If she buss as a pop singer, then all the better because I know that once she is established then she can do a reggae album or two.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      HL will tell yuh dat she cyaan mek nuh money a Jamaica on a local label so any artiste wid sense will sign wid a big label.
      HL actually has a valid point! How can you disagree with that statement of his?

Originally posted by Bricktop
      But when last yuh hear TAMI sing reggae/dancehall/calypso/soca (any damn ting wit a likkle Caribbean flavour)?

Accurate point, Bricktop, but I suspect that Tami was counting on the much greater chance of a pop record scoring on the Billboard charts why she embarked on her new route.

Originally posted by Hortical
      Yeah, she needs a label to market her music.
      Hortical, you are correct, but sadly, this is the story of Jamaican music in North America from the early days of ska when Byron Lee and the Dragonaires, the Blues Busters, Prince Buster and the others were sent on that Jamaica government-sponsored trip to North America. The same lack of success has continued throughout the rock steady and reggae era.

Comment

Well I asked a big singer why he never signed and he told me if he was to sign they would have to give him real big money because he makes more money on a yearly basis touring.

Another DJ who was signed said the good thing is you get your money upfront but it might affect your income because in most cases you can't do dub plates, and other little things they usually they work every cent out of you. It is do as I say kinda thing.

Beenie Man and Elepant had two the better contract as they could still record and sell in the caribbean, they didn't have to get approval for that but any song they liked they would include it in the album.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So wait a wha Sean Paul did sing him first songs on?

So wait a what Plyers and Chaka Demus did sing them song on?

What did Marcia Griffiths and Bunny Wailer sing them song on.

Many of the hit songs were sing on local label with real push behind them, they just bruk out and big label come in.

You see how VP pick up Sean Paul and Wayne Wonder hit and then Atlantic signed 100 million dollar deal with them?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

you know Gangster blues is one of the best reggae albums in the last 10 years..

Comment

you can't write off talent.

Everybody thought Wayne Wonder was done before "No letting go"
              you just want to his the right nerves and BAAAAMMMM.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                you can't write off talent.

Everybody thought Wayne Wonder was done before "No letting go"
                you just want to his the right nerves and BAAAAMMMM.

Who is everybody?

Comment

well execpt ME

Comment

I have to ask. Are you speaking from a commercial stndpoint? Cause as far as dancehall goes his tunes were still playing.

Comment

His tunes were still playing but wasn't selling commercially and didn't have the impact of of the early 90s until he did "No letting go".

Comment

Working...
                      X