RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assassin, Lazie, Scaly, MdmeX, HL, Mosiah, Jawge, Karl, Gamma, Ben and anyone else interested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassin, Lazie, Scaly, MdmeX, HL, Mosiah, Jawge, Karl, Gamma, Ben and anyone else interested

I figure I would call you guys as you are the ones who will normally rap US politics with me.A couple of questions for you guys.

1. Barrack Obama for 2008?

What do you guys say? I say go for it even though I do not think he can win. You have to strike while the iron is hot and make it hot by striking. If there is ever going to be a black president in the US... intelligent, charismatic and good speakers like Obama will be the ones who over time slowly break down barriers and perceptions.I believe he is an excellentrepresentative of the talents within our "ranks". The biggest problem for Obama will be his wife. Have you seen her? Yikes she is the definition of ugly. Even Laura Bush had to get plastic surgery before her husband took office and she looked way better than Obama's wife ever did. Somthing is just not right with the woman's teeth. She will be a liability and Obama's opponents will look to use her picture in every attack ad. Oh well the democrat nomination is Hillary's to lose.

2. What do you think of John Bolton's resignation?

What can I say. He should not have been there in the first place. He is nothing but a big rude bully who pouts when he does not get his way. He has nobusiness being in a diplomatic position. I think GW realized the Dems were just waiting on a fight with this one.

3. What do you make of Donald Rumsfeld's so-called change in Iraq policyproposal he sent to the president the day before the mid-term elections?

If you ask me Rumsfeld knew he was being let go and was simply trying to re-write history to make himself look good. He is trying to make sure that history records that he did make officialrecommendations to GW to change the course and is not at fault for the fiasco. That way he won't be associated with being a prime player in the biggest US foreign policy blunder in history. Talk about a snake.

4. Did any of you see Al Gore's an inconvenient truth?

Top notch documentary. What is it with us black people? Do we not like intelligent discussions? I was ina soldout theater for this movie and the only two black people in the theater was my good friend and me. He and I both took notice and to say the least were thoroughly dissapointed. I am sure if it was some fool fool idiotshow it would be full with blacks. Mind you I live in a predominantly black county!Needless to say if youhave not seen it jump on that one immediatley.Excellent watching. Btw I would vote for Al Gore if he ran. (unless of course Obamaran against him in the primary)

5. Iraq/Baker-Hamilton report

Mosiah's Jackass President refuses to enter into talks with Iran and Syria when everyone and their mother knows this is the only chance of Iraq gaining any semblance of stability. The Baker Hamilton Report comes out on wed. and the rumors going around is that is exactly what they are going to recommend. Will GW listen? Of course not.Maliki himself is trying to negotiate with Iran and Syria would it not make sense for theUS to be a part of those talks? I know Bush does not want Iran to have nuclear power and surely that will be the case he makes but in all honestyIraqwill be completely destroyed if he does notfind a compromise.Every leader has their currency and I am sure the US can find some alternative tonuclear power to interest the leaders in those countries. I guess thequestion is how serious is that 300 pound gorrilla in the room China.The key to Iraq is Iran and Syria hands down if you ask me.

AllrightI have touched upon a couple of topics. Comment on one, all or none if you choose. What do you think. - T.K.
    No need to thank me forumites.

RE: Assassin, Lazie, Scaly, MdmeX, HL, Mosiah, Jawge, Karl, Gamma, Ben and anyone else interested
    1. <LI>
      Barrack Obama for 2008?
      I say he should wait. I expect the race first crew to say mi must support the back man. Obama has time on his side. I think he has a chance of being president, but jumping the gun and losing may damage his chance in the future.
      </LI><LI>
      What do you think of John Bolton's resignation?
      Expected. Surprised it too so long. He should have submitted it the morning the morning after the election.
      </LI><LI>
      What do you make of Donald Rumsfeld's so-called change in Iraq policy proposal he sent to the president the day before the mid-term elections?
      Frankie Paul did a song, "Fire deh a mus mus tail" I agree with you on this one, the thing is, Rumsfeld alone didn't make the decisions. Other heads should roll.
      </LI><LI>
      Did any of you see Al Gore's an inconvenient truth?
      No! Haven't been to the movies for almost a year.</LI>
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

RE: Assassin, Lazie, Scaly, MdmeX, HL, Mosiah, Jawge, Karl, Gamma, Ben and anyone else interested

In regards to Obama. I really think with the climate of the country being where it is today and his immense popularityhe will find no better time to run then now. During the mid-terms he was by far the most requested senator of any party for campaigning support. He has it all with exceptionof the experience. I really feel he'll miss the boat if he does not roll the dice and give it a go.

George Will, noted conservative,on This Week with Stephanopoulis said that the happiest person on the planet for Barrack's current popularity is Hillary Clinton. His reasoning was that Barrack is crushing all secondary challengers to Hillary's run for the nomination allowing her to save up her campaignmoney for the run at president. I never thought of that but he does have a point.

I have to respectfully disagree and say that sometimes you pick the occassion and sometime the occassion picks you. I think for Obama the occassion has picked him this time around. Go for it I say.

Dana Milbank of the Washington Post was on Countdown w/ Keith Olbermann last night and he called Bolton's resignation a mercy killing. Could not have said it better myself. Bush knew that was going to be an ugly and futile process to try and get him confirmed. Milbank also called Donald Rumsfeld's memo one of the greatest "cover your ass" memos in history. Which is exactly what it was. Rumsfeld was just trying to salvage his legacy.

I have to admit Lazie I was really leaning to voting Green in the mid-terms. I really wanted to do it to send a message to the Dems about creeping too close to the right. In the end however I stuck with the Dems as I felt that regaining the ability for checks and balances was more important in the end. Which so far I am happy to say has been the correct decision.

Man you haven't been to the movies in over a year? Aren't you married? Don't you guys do date night or something? Talk about a true player to get away with watching EPL all day on the weekends and not throw a When Harry Met Sally type movie to your wife every now and then. I think the newly married Scaly will needborrow your player notebook in the near future to learn how to fineagle that one. - T.K.

Comment

Gotta run - ...but, just had to say this: Obama is seen by the religious right as a way to win the presidency. Put up a black man and vote for the white Republican.

The racist...racism is alive and well in the US. Many whites who would vote for a black in local politics will not do so for the presidency. Sorry to say but many Democrats would vote Republican to keep a black out of the Whitehouse.

Hillary for President! ...and, she would be doomed if she chose Obama as her running mate. The matter of Obama being one step away from the presidency would, I think, scuttle her attempts.

Obama can, however, help in bringing a black nearer togaining the Whitehouse by campaigning vigorously for Hillary and may just pave the way for himself to triumphantly gain the presidencyin 2016!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

So if Colin Powell never get

presidency (granted you are talking about former supreme commander of the imperial military forces) is Obama ah go get it? TK slap yuh self (Lazie just borrowed this one) silly too LOL

Comment

T.K.

Obama will not get the Presidency!! A just reality, America is not ready for a black man in the white house!!
            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

MdmeX and Jawge clearly you guys just glossed over my post. Here is what I said:

I say go for it even though I do not think he can win. You have to strike while the iron is hot and make it hot by striking. If there is ever going to be a black president in the US... intelligent, charismatic and good speakers like Obama will be the ones who over time slowly break down barriers and perceptions.
              My point simply was that the more we can produce legitimate politicians and thinkers like Obama and put them out front and center the more we can soften perceptions and break down barriers. Obama in a vacum won't do it. It is the drip effect I am looking for.I never once said that I thought Obama could win but I believe in my heart of hearts he would do us all proud if he did. It would be inspiring.- T.K.

Comment

Obama NOT QUITE READY

I like Obama. Being his neighbor, I think he needs a few more years to build his resume' beforerunning for President.

Comment

is he an Arab not that it has to

do with anything but i'm just curious

Comment

t.k. a weh de **** wrong wid you and yuh shallow awgiment bout de man wife and his running or ability to win the presidency... first, i dont see an unattractive woman there... second, that should not and i don't believe would ever enter into most people's decision to vote for or against obama - should he decide to be a candidate... sorry to scold you, however, please raise the level...

i would vote for obama if he was a candidate... i dont think he should run at this time... i believe he should build on his accomplishments in the senate... develop his global affairs knowledge... make himself more know to the country and then jump into the race in 8 yrs... he is too green right now...

btw, neither hillary nor obama would win if either decide to run for presidency...

at this time, i believe john kerry is still the best democratic candidate to lead the country...
                    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

hillary would be doomed either eay if she ran for president... thats exactly what the repubs want.. they want thecandidates they stand the best chance of beating to run...

it would be a good exercise for hillary to run but she could not win... i know that for fact... not even the democratic nomination...

obama in 8-10 yrs not before...

the last person the repubs want is john kerry to run...
                      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl1_lblFullMessage>I figure I would call you guys as you are the ones who will normally rap US politics with me.A couple of questions for you guys.

What do you guys say? I say go for it even though I do not think he can win. You have to strike while the iron is hot and make it hot by striking. If there is ever going to be a black president in the US... intelligent, charismatic and good speakers like Obama will be the ones who over time slowly break down barriers and perceptions.I believe he is an excellentrepresentative of the talents within our "ranks". The biggest problem for Obama will be his wife. Have you seen her? Yikes she is the definition of ugly. Even Laura Bush had to get plastic surgery before her husband took office and she looked way better than Obama's wife ever did. Somthing is just not right with the woman's teeth. She will be a liability and Obama's opponents will look to use her picture in every attack ad. Oh well the democrat nomination is Hillary's to lose.

Run Obama Run ! U may not win this time but next time u will because of the expierence gained......Joe Biden is my guy.

What can I say. He should not have been there in the first place. He is nothing but a big rude bully who pouts when he does not get his way. He has nobusiness being in a diplomatic position. I think GW realized the Dems were just waiting on a fight with this one.

Should have never been appointed in the first place......he is just a Bush mouthpiece

3. What do you make of Donald Rumsfeld's so-called change in Iraq policyproposal he sent to the president the day before the mid-term elections?

It's called saving face.....Good ridance and goodbye...dont let the door hit u in the arse

If you ask me Rumsfeld knew he was being let go and was simply trying to re-write history to make himself look good. He is trying to make sure that history records that he did make officialrecommendations to GW to change the course and is not at fault for the fiasco. That way he won't be associated with being a prime player in the biggest US foreign policy blunder in history. Talk about a snake.

Top notch documentary. What is it with us black people? Do we not like intelligent discussions? I was ina soldout theater for this movie and the only two black people in the theater was my good friend and me. He and I both took notice and to say the least were thoroughly dissapointed. I am sure if it was some fool fool idiotshow it would be full with blacks. Mind you I live in a predominantly black county!Needless to say if youhave not seen it jump on that one immediatley.Excellent watching. Btw I would vote for Al Gore if he ran. (unless of course Obamaran against him in the primary)

Not yet but, not surprised at the audience...same old story as usual...when I watch go to the movies to see historical pieces or go to certain black plays it's the same old story..no wory T.K WE ALL CANT BE mARTIN lUTHER kINGS NO MATTER HOW WE TRY TO PREACH.

Mosiah's Jackass President refuses to enter into talks with Iran and Syria when everyone and their mother knows this is the only chance of Iraq gaining any semblance of stability. The Baker Hamilton Report comes out on wed. and the rumors going around is that is exactly what they are going to recommend. Will GW listen? Of course not.Maliki himself is trying to negotiate with Iran and Syria would it not make sense for theUS to be a part of those talks? I know Bush does not want Iran to have nuclear power and surely that will be the case he makes but in all honestyIraq

Comment

Baddaz (12/5/2006)

t.k. a weh de **** wrong wid you and yuh shallow awgiment bout de man wife and his running or ability to win the presidency... first, i dont see an unattractive woman there... second, that should not and i don't believe would ever enter into most people's decision to vote for or against obama - should he decide to be a candidate... sorry to scold you, however, please raise the level...

i would vote for obama if he was a candidate... i dont think he should run at this time... i believe he should build on his accomplishments in the senate... develop his global affairs knowledge... make himself more know to the country and then jump into the race in 8 yrs... he is too green right now...

btw, neither hillary nor obama would win if either decide to run for presidency...

at this time, i believe john kerry is still the best democratic candidate to lead the country...
                          Raise the level? Is where yu live Baddaz? Disney Land?

Baddaz there is absolutely nothing shallow about what I said about his wife. Americans have big issues with women in general and looks, whether you care to admit it or not, has alot to do with how they are perceived. I am not saying it is right but it is what it is. That picture you have the man's wife is the best picture she has ever taken. Have you ever watched her on Oprah? I have seen her there twice and believe you me she is not a looker. She will be as big a target as Obama himself in attack ads.

It is the same way Hillary Clinton has been attacked from the day Bill ran the first go round in 1991 and through her term as Senator in NY. Don Imus on his radio showthe day after the mid-term elections called hera Big Yellow Bus remarking about how "fat" she has become. Even her daughter when she was in high school was said to look like Dog by Rush Limbaugh. Call it what you will but it will be played up. It is the way of the world.

I don't disagree that Obama is green but I really don't think there will be a better time for him to run. He is the star of the Democratic party right now, the darling of the media, comes from the midwest,was against the war.....in short he is a breath of fresh air to the stale candidateswe have seen so farthis millenium.

JohnKerry is a good man. I would vote for him if he ran. However unfortunately for him with his "botched" joke about the being stuckinIraq he will never win. He would have had achance ifhe had either 1. notattempted the joke or 2. TheDems stood up and blasted back Bush about a "botched" joke not being as bad as a "botched" war. He iss.o.l to say the least. He is done. I amkeeping my fingers crossed for an Al Gore appearance but right nowHillary has all the money.

I thinkHillary can win but only if she usesthe hell out of Bill Clinton on the campaign trail. She can't have Bill with her physically when she stumpsbecause when he speaks he overshadows everyone who comesafter him butshe must send him all over the country to drum up support. If you have intellects such as Bill, Gore, Kerry, O'Bama pushing the message anything can happen. It will take a monumental effort as even women have trouble voting for women but she can do it.When you take into accountJohn McCain not being a favorite of the religous right it can happen. - T.K.

Comment

Jawge (12/5/2006)is he an Arab not that it has to

do with anything but i'm just curious
                            No he is mixed black and white. - T.K.

Comment

[quote]Scaly (12/5/2006)<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__c tl1_lblFullMessage>I figure I would call you guys as you are the ones who will normally rap US politics with me.A couple of questions for you guys.

Run Obama Run ! U may not win this time but next time u will because of the expierence gained......Joe Biden is my guy.

Should have never been appointed in the first place......he is just a Bush mouthpiece

It's called saving face.....Good ridance and goodbye...dont let the door hit u in the arse

Not yet but, not surprised at the audience...same old story as usual...when I watch go to the movies to see historical pieces or go to certain black plays it's the same old story..no wory T.K WE ALL CANT BE mARTIN lUTHER kINGS NO MATTER HOW WE TRY TO PREACH.

Mosiah's Jackass President refuses to enter into talks with Iran and Syria when everyone and their mother knows this is the only chance of Iraq gaining any semblance of stability. The Baker Hamilton Report comes out on wed. and the rumors going around is that is exactly what they are going to recommend. Will GW listen? Of course not.Maliki himself is trying to negotiate with Iran and Syria would it not make sense for theUS to be a part of those talks? I know Bush does not want Iran to have nuclear power and surely that will be the case he makes

Comment

Working...
                              X