Caribbean Airlines to soon own AIR J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    i guess you don't know about him either. can't talk people personal life on site. or do you want me to buss it?

i know you know what i'm talking about.
    The latest from gossip column "Talk Di Ting Mosiah!"
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Wouldn't you like to hear the FACTS of this gossip! I will tell NNN to report it for you.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wouldn't you like to hear the FACTS of this gossip! I will tell NNN to report it for you.
        Sorry bredren ... couldn't care less.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

me worse whether yuh care or not because i wasn't about to share a striking ting wid yuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Go cash in your miles.

Comment

Air J'ca buy a good move' for Caribbean Airlines ...minus

Air J'ca buy a good move' for Caribbean Airlines ...minus the US$900-m debt

Friday, January 15, 2010

TRINIDAD & Tobago's Caribbean Airlines should attempt to take over struggling carrier Air Jamaica only if it does not include the company's massive US$900-million debt.

This was the opinion expressed by Ian Bertrand, aviation consultant and former chief executive of BWIA, the predecessor company of Caribbean Airlines.

1/1
              Air Jamaica's government guaranteed debt stands at US$650 million, with another US$200 million in short-term debt, Bertrand said during a lecture titled 'Meeting the Challenges of the Aviation Industry in the Caribbean-Whither Air Jamaica' at the University of the West Indies, St Augustine.
              If the airline has to be divested, it will involve another US$50 million to reduce personnel, he suggested.

"Once you are not taking all that debt and you don't have the tourism obligation (that the Jamaican government demanded of Air Jamaica in past decades) and you had the money to capitalise the airline, then it might not be a bad time for a merger' between Caribbean Airlines and Air Jamaica," Bertrand said.

The International Monetary Fund has specified that the Jamaican government must sell Air Jamaica if it is to qualify for a nearly US$1.3-billion aid loan.

But Bertrand said if anyone had to buy Air Jamaica from that country's government, they should not spend more than one dollar for it because of its debt.

Another possible option would be for Air Jamaica and Caribbean Airlines to approach aircraft suppliers together, change their machinery to one type of airplane and thus reduce costs.

Prof Norman Girvan of UWI's Institute of International Relations was also scheduled to comment at the seminar yesterday, but was delayed in Jamaica.

Head of Economics at UWI Martin Franklin delivered Girvan's comments, which suggested that with Jamaica under pressure from the IMF to divest Air Jamaica, Caribbean Airlines might have 'considerable leverage' to negotiate with the Jamaican government.

Caribbean Airlines and Government are continuing discussions with the Jamaican government to explore acquiring Air Jamaica.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

New board of Air Jamaica announced

New board of Air Jamaica announced
                Friday, January 15, 2010

Consequent on the expiration of the term of the previous Board, Minister of Finance & the Public Service, Audley Shaw, has appointed a new 5-member Board at Air Jamaica, to oversee the transitional arrangements and legacy issues surrounding the divestment of the airline.

The full membership of the new Board comprises:

1. Hon. Dennis Lalor - Chairman, ICWI Group

2. Mr. Christopher Zacca, Special Adviser to the Prime Minister

3. Dr. Wayne Henry, Special Adviser to the Minister of Finance and the Public Service

4. Mrs. Sancia Templer, President, Jamaica Trade & Invest (and)

5. Mr. Christopher Berry, Chairman, Mayberry Investments.

In addition, an Air Jamaica transition management committee has been set up to help guide the process, which is to be led by Mr. Bruce R. Nobles, President and CEO of Air Jamaica.

Minister Shaw expressed appreciation to outgoing Chairman of the Board of Air Jamaica, Ms. Shirley Williams, for guiding the airline through very challenging times, and also thanked other members of the outgoing Board for volunteering their time and expertise to the national airline in recent times.

The appointment of the new board became effective on Tuesday, January 5, 2010.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  2. Mr. Christopher Zacca, Special Adviser to the Prime Minister
                  special advisor fi real! i wonder who is advising him about his ba...yuh know what, mek mi leave dis alone.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes please.. I enjoy the site.. mi nuh waan si it lock dung...

Comment

lock dung by oo? not even presi can touch dis!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

and by the way, "ba..." does not mean what you think it means.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It don't mean Bald Head ?

Ah wha den ?

Comment

special advisor fi real! i wonder who is advising him about his ba...yuh know what, mek mi leave dis alone.
                            ummm ... yuh starting to sound like a jealous ex .....

Comment

gwaan tink so nuh. mi nah tell you wha really a gwaan.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X