RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we really need Bruce in Haiti at this time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we really need Bruce in Haiti at this time?

Not to mention the opposition leader!?

Fram longtime Bruce tink say him is some guru when it comes to natural disasters. Days before the election unnu shoulda see him outta Palisadoes a talk meteorology and disaster preparedness.

Him shoulda did apply some a dat disaster preparedness for other sectors of Jamaican life.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Them going to Haiti? For what?
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The man have fi go show himself, everybody sending reps. The first foriegn leader to go to Haiti must count for something .

It is sad and maybe I should have said it but it is political opportunity for the PM, I don't know about the opposition leader.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well maybe Bruce and Portia going to Haiti might produce some good.

They will see and realize how blessed and lucky Jamaica is (cause it could have been us), and probably this will be an eye-opener for both of them to understand that is pure p h u c k e r y them carrying on wid and come to them senses quickly.
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

I have no problems going to console one's brother in time of need. Maybe we can provide some police officers to help with security. When Jamaica was hit several years ago with a thunderstorm and we had landslides, Patrick Manning toured the areas that suffered heavy damage.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
            Maybe we can provide some police officers to help with security.

are you kidding me ? WE cant even secure our own people much less try to secure others !!!
            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

If its on you own dime, sure go ahead and go console.

Right now i am sure the Haitian people would much prefer that money being spent for something more useful. I wonder what the security cost is going to be for this Jamaican entourage?

Damn foolishness.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

nu look pon it so mi brethren. We can still give a little. Send a few solider who siddun up a Up Park Camp and a few youngsters who can voleenteer to help them build a resume.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

We can certainly help out, but send people who actually going to do some work!

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                    are you kidding me ? WE cant even secure our own people much less try to secure others !!!
                    Yuh right pon that Twan!
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                      If its on you own dime, sure go ahead and go console.

Right now i am sure the Haitian people would much prefer that money being spent for something more useful. I wonder what the security cost is going to be for this Jamaican entourage?

Damn foolishness.
                      Didn't the Info Minister indicate that the Private sector was covering the cost? Do they have to go? No .... Is there a need to fuss because they're going? No. Mosiah have a axe to grind .... nuh follow him.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Didn't see that in the Gleaner report. Well, if the private sector is covering the total cost (security and all) then I agree its not as big a deal.

Their time could be better spent, especially the PM, but its not a waste of time either.

Comment

that is easy. The young who just left high school is always a good source along with some season professionals such as doctors, soliders etc. leading teams.

Comment

so only the wealthy should give?

This is not normal time and we must can spare SOMETHING to our neigbours.

Comment

Yes. we can send members of the Security Force. They could help to remove the debris from the city and some manual labor.
                              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
                              X