No announcement yet.

Did The Governments Responsible Resign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did The Governments Responsible Resign?

The Green Bay killings
    The Rema Evictions
    State of Emergency
    Eventide Fire
    Manley & his Cabinet giving a gun to 15 times convicted man Dubbed Spy Robinson
    Trafigura

Orange Lane fire:

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...eisure/c4.html

Comment

Come on man...talk up...where is the outrage? heh heh

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        The Green Bay killings
        The Rema Evictions
        State of Emergency
        Eventide Fire
        Trafigura
        did you say "giving a gun"?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Bricktop, if Bruce would tackle the US for Dudus what chance the lowly JCF has of being effective?
            Every leader of the JLP is a must have, Seaga was too then Bruce removed him. The roles of both parties are defined by history, it may no longer be about Bruce(think earlier reference to Seaga)but the party very existence.
            I do not trust Bruce based on the recent revelations(he has a problem with entitlement), I shudder to think of the goings on in a meeting with the suits from the IMF and find suspect any other policy making...

Blessed

Comment

As a trained lawyer PJ sat through the falsity of the “State of Emergency” (1976), “The P.J. Patterson Charge” (1977), the idiocy of Dudley Thompson’s statement that “No angels were killed at Green Bay”- referring to the “Green Bay Killing” (1978), and the setting up of the PNP Mobile Brigade (1979).
              Did this man resign?

Comment

At a Mutual Life Awards Dinner on March 18, 1977 Mr. Patterson said “Jamaicans who are running away have transferred their allegiance elsewhere and the country owes them no protection”.
                What is this?

Comment

A remarkable difference between the PNP of the 70s and of the 90s is that the scandals shifted from maintaining political power (Spy Robinson) to plain economics (Furniture Scandal). One of the first acts under the new dispensation was the Rollins Land Deal in 1989 and this apparently set the tone of things to come. The scandals have spread from government to quasi-governmental bodies without shame; no accountability only excuses like “youthful exuberance” as in the “Netserve Affair”. No senior person has been fired by PJ and one can only recall a single instance where a low level employee (Mr. Hill) got jail term.
                  Uh ooh

Comment

Did you trust PJ?

Comment

Not at all, but then if I did, I would be wrong to trust him but still right not to trust Bruce.
                      You have associated Bruce's antics with some serious crimes...,at least not lost to you is the seriousness of what Bruce did.

Blessed

Comment

I have associated nothing of the sort. Mosiah said something to the effect that this is the most egregious misstep a politician has ever made. Judge for yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                          The Green Bay killings
                          The Rema Evictions
                          State of Emergency
                          Eventide Fire
                          Trafigura
                          Didn't somebody resign over Trafigura? Colin Campbell I think? I'm sure I saw TVJ playing clips from 2006 last night where Golding was talking about it and saying something rhetorical to the effect that "Campbell has now resigned but the question is why did he resign?"

In any event Bricktop, your examples here are a classic example of moral equivalency or basically "two wrongs DO make a right" which is crap. If this same logic is followed then it would mean that if you raped someone's sister or mother and got away with it then they have every right to rape your sister or mother and not be punished. The simple fact is that rape wrong and nobody should do it and those that do it should be punished. Likewise all those events you listed are wrong and should never have occurred and the persons responsible should have taken responsibility and resigned as well as faced some kind of punishment (a stint in gaol until trial and then some serious prison time). The mere idea that people can stoop so low as to seriously suggest moral equivalency when it comes the chicanery and outright abuse of power by government (whether past, present or future) is just another example of the fact that Jamaica has regressed to such a point that it is not ready for self-government (if it was ever ready to start with). Any person taking this position is essentially saying they wouldn't have a problem with their sister or mother being raped or their brother or father being killed so long as they or someone else did it to other persons before and got away it. Now is that what you are saying Bricktop?

Comment

Originally posted by ReggaeMike View Post
                            Didn't somebody resign over Trafigura? Colin Campbell I think? I'm sure I saw TVJ playing clips from 2006 last night where Golding was talking about it and saying something rhetorical to the effect that "Campbell has now resigned but the question is why did he resign?"

In any event Bricktop, your examples here are a classic example of moral equivalency or basically "two wrongs DO make a right" which is crap. If this same logic is followed then it would mean that if you raped someone's sister or mother and got away with it then they have every right to rape your sister or mother and not be punished. The simple fact is that rape wrong and nobody should do it and those that do it should be punished. Likewise all those events you listed are wrong and should never have occurred and the persons responsible should have taken responsibility and resigned as well as faced some kind of punishment (a stint in gaol until trial and then some serious prison time). The mere idea that people can stoop so low as to seriously suggest moral equivalency when it comes the chicanery and outright abuse of power by government (whether past, present or future) is just another example of the fact that Jamaica has regressed to such a point that it is not ready for self-government (if it was ever ready to start with). Any person taking this position is essentially saying they wouldn't have a problem with their sister or mother being raped or their brother or father being killed so long as they or someone else did it to other persons before and got away it. Now is that what you are saying Bricktop?
                            i'm sure you will find that tribalists don't respond to logic
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

and I will stick to that statement that i can't remember making. but you did say "to the effect". that is certainly right. given where we find ourselves, it is clear in my mind that, under bruce golding, jamaica is now an official narco-state, a gangster nation, the shame of the Caribbean.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X