What makes a city great?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes a city great?

I am just trying to get some different perspectives on this question.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

vibrant people... peaceful... clean... scenic... historic... entertaining... restaurants...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

cannot add to that.

of the few places i have been, barcelona top dat list!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

ok... mek mi add something... museums... green open spaces as in parks...

Comment

and girls in short, short, shorts. Eye candy to the world
          “Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

rhatid ... dat tuh .... oh and Camp Nou!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I could add Montreal!

Never been to Barcelona, but I liked Seville.
              “Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by MdmeX View Post
                and girls in short, short, shorts. Eye candy to the world
                Thank you! Baddaz and Gamma know not what they talking about.
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

bwoy, mi endorse dat... especially, when it coming from de female perspective...

lazie, lowe mi...

Comment

a nexx ting weh mek a city great... proximity tuh beaches... and mostly good weather...

Comment

"green open spaces as in parks"...That is where Jamaican towns fall down,Why?

Comment

New York City, San Antonio..

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                          vibrant people... peaceful... clean... scenic... historic... entertaining... restaurants...
                          All of the above plus good transportation system, good architecture, culture and a good and vibrant nightlife.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I want some more responses before I ask my next question.

Comment

Bereft of violence, Bogota Colombia would make a great city.
                              "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Working...
                              X