Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see some marketing 101 gurus

term Bolt as a Marketing Juggernaught..

Can someone please provide the Juggernaught dollars associated with the Phenom so that I may fully appreciate this and have a benchmark for um.. future evaluations..

Here we go.

So tell we the kind of money that Blake is working on nuh?

Or we haffe wait till after the Olympics?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Usain St. Leo Bolt
    Net Worth: $15 million

Source of Wealth: sports, track and field

Born: August 21, 1986 in Trelawny, Jamaica

Residence: Kingston, Jamaica

The Jamaican emerged as a superstar at the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in by winning three gold medals and setting world records in the 100 meters, 200 and 400 relay. He also won two gold medals in those events at the 2011 World Championships in Daegu — breaking his own marks in the 100 and 200.

How much money does Usain Bolt make?

Annual earnings according to Forbes:
    2012: $20.3 million ($20 million from endorsements and $300,000 salary from track)

Most of his income comes from endorsement and sponsor bonuses for record race times. A lot of runners have clauses in their endorsement contracts that call for a nice bonus when they set a world record. Bolt was received a $1.8 million bonus from Digicel when he set new World record for the men’s 100m in a time of 9.72 seconds.

Bolt has signed endorsement deals with Hublot, Visa, Gatorade, Nissan Motor, Digicel, Virgin Media, and Puma. His biggest endorsement deal is with Puma, which pays approximately $9 million annually.

In 2010, Usain signed a lucrative publishing deal valued at £2 million with HarperCollins/HarperSport for an autobiography.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

For a track athlete he is an unprecedented juggernaut in marketing

Going where none have gone b4
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

and setting the trail for the one that beats him... I really hope this is causing some light to enter your dim state of mind on the matter.. engage your brain.. I suspect you are not processing all the variables.. caught up as you are in celestial orbit around your star...

I am an Adidas athlete.. their most valueable athlete in the most 'valuable' event in Track and Field.. I am within a few days of doing the 'impossible' and rising to the top of the Sprint Universe which has been catapulted to new stratospheres courtesy of Usain Bolt..

I have an astute Management Team and there are HUNGRY brands that missed the Bolt train and are slobbering at the opportunity to jump on the beat Bolt Train..

Do the Math.. if you cannot figure it out den yuh probably need to come back to earth for oxygen.. yuh in orbit too long..

Comment

I wish Yohan all the best for a fat deal...but again...he will never be the global juggernaut that Bolt has become... in my opinion

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

noted.. I understand your 'feelings' on the matter... (as they morph over time)

"Global Juggernaught" ??

Comment

Yep... Global Juggernaut may in fact be an understatement... Global Phenomenon to be more accurate....aks di 1.4 Billion Chineyman dem

Comment

wha dat haffi duh wid actual endorsements ???

Look like yuh deh pon yuh own tangent.. off innah yuh own orbit again..

Comment

Hublot ???

Wha dat ?

Comment

Nike: US$24 Billion
                    Adidas: EU$15 Billion
                    Puma: EU$3 Billion

Do the Math..

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                      wha dat haffi duh wid actual endorsements ???

Look like yuh deh pon yuh own tangent.. off innah yuh own orbit again..

This brings to the fore a key element which may explain why your posts generate a seemingly interminably circular argumentation (in addition to your pathological need to "win" or at least have the last word in any discussion )

The key is semantics.... or what are the key criteria or metrics critical to the discussion on "endorsements"?

1. Yohan will get an endosement deal from Adidas larger than any individual deal Bolt has? Possible...dependent on Adidas' strategic priorities

2. Yohan will get a package of endorsements larger than Bolt's ie...his annual earnings will be larger?? That's a much higher bar

3. Yohan's lifetime endorsement earnings will be larger than Bolt's? Another very high bar....impossible to know now unless yuh name Miss Cleo or Desert Mouse

4. Some other metric or metric set

So what is it oh fountain of secrets??
                      Last edited by Don1; July 30, 2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Semantics ?

Look like yuh get lost again.

<But does the athlete, popularly known as “The Beast”, possess the marketability that propelled Bolt after his performances at the Beijing Olympics to becoming one of the mostendorsed athletes in the world?>

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...#ixzz229fSQoW6

Arguments were brought forward in the article and I judged them to be REASONABLE..

Mi nevah tell nuhbaddy fi come wid any argument.. but if yuh don't agree the arguments are REASONABLE please explain why...

Comment

Can you tell me the metric please... is it that post London Yohan will become
                          one of the mostendorsed athletes in the world
                          What does that mean....say that he will be in the top 20 of endorsement earnings by athletes? Something else? What????

Maybe
                          “I think he will have the potential to make much more money than Bolt,” he added.
                          according to Chung??

Critical thought requires some accuracy and measurability I'm sure you'll agree
                          Last edited by Don1; July 30, 2012, 08:38 PM.

Comment

what do you interpet it to mean ?

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                              what do you interpet it to mean ?

Ok... I interpret it to mean his annual earnings will top Bolt's (or to be charitable...be within 20% of Bolt) say in 2013 and going forward.. is that consistent with what you project?

Comment

Working...
                              X