Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hampton University business school bans locs and cornrows

Hampton University business school bans locs and cornrows

I was close to cutting my locs when I got the news. Oh, for those who don’t know, I don’t call them dreadlocks. I’m told they’re called dreadlock because when white people saw them they called them “dreadful locks”. After 9 years, I was prepared to chop them off to begin a new journey.

Read More:
    http://rev-elution.blogspot.com/2012....html?spref=fb
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Good article...so true...who is the beauty?

Comment

i disagree that the reason they are called "dreadlocks" is derived from white people calling them "dreadful locks"... i think the "dread" is from the dread caused when seeing those impressive locks as part of the covenant and as such was conferred by rasta's themselves.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Good move Horts.

Comment

I suspect Historian would agree with the good school.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

It is all good and well that you can comment on what Storian might agree with, but wouldn't it be more appropriate for you to give YOUR personal opinion on the matter?.

Comment

Well is a good thing I am not in the process of going to Hampton business school - because I am in the initial stage of my LOCS !!
              Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

Really now do i have to ? The institution is being ridiculous,the business world has long passed that stage.

Locks isnt even shock anymore or dreadfull in the business world.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You don't but wouldn't it be more prudent?. It is not shocking? How many dreadlock CEO's can you name?. In Jamaica or anywhere else for that matter. Honestly, you wouldn't be shocked if you see one?.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                    Locks isnt even shock anymore or dreadfull in the business world.
                    Locks are still not accepted in the corporate world, especially as you get closer up the ladder.

Comment

I tend to agree with that.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with the position taken by the school.
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

them have a right but they maybe losing out on some very bright and creative students in the process.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Or some bright students may be losing out on an educational opportunity. There are far more students to choose from than places available.

Comment

2 things

1. That school is entirely out of order and should be sued accordingly. They have zero business interjecting themselves into student's choice of hairstyle..renk

2. Dat girl look noice!!
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                              X