I am very upset;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very upset;

First of all about the rape of the five women (including the little 8 year old). In the info age this is a blanket of shame on the island. I cannot say how upset everyone is about it.

Now my next issue is this: Why the color black? They used it to air their grouses about electricity and now the gruesome rape of five women including an eight year old? Is Ja going mad. I see govt. officials dressed in Black. What is this about? I know that no one would dare suggest all white day.

After centuries of fighting the stigma of the color black. Ja is on the forefront bringing us back to the days of slavery. Why is rape associated with black?

Those that wore black yesterday hate themselves and want to be white. They fee inferior. This is why I will start my education program here.

They said they are mothers what if dark skinned teenager from St.James showed up to date their daughters?

I am black and wouldn't change it for the world. You would not see me dressing in all black to denounce the rape of a 8 year old girl either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e6Ch...feature=fvwrel

People have to battle this stigma day in day out:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6536I...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCCRC...eature=related

Comment

Well traditionally black is the colour of mourning...I guess they could have worn white as well...I know where you are coming from but that will take some doing...

Comment

Boss if the island is going to move in any positive direction. This must be done. Yesterday was an assault on the subconscious and few in certain quarters were happy. Someone called my house this morning asking about the same thing. Ja is in trouble.

Comment

How do you feel about our motto, Out of Many One People?

Thanks in advance!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I think you should be more upset about the rape. Without the rapes I guess they would have worn any colour they wanted, and didn't have to organize the march.

Many of us continue to treat our our women like shiiit and continue to big up men who have 50 women and pickney they can't mind, much less the ones who hold down teenagers.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Nice youtubes!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

who says he isn't more upset about the rapes?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well him a stress the colour them wearing and the mentalilty behind that. If we start treating our people with respect we don't have to worry about nuff a the other sidebars.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

He made mention of the choice of dress for the protest. How does that necessarily mean that that is his main concern?!?! Aren't we all upset about the rapes? Do we all have to register our disgust? To what end?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I would simply say keep the focus on the rape and how we treat our women, not how they respond in a civil and peaceful way. Does it matter if they demonstate in white or pink the next time around?

Comment

Absolutely nothing wrong with Jawge's views on how they protested. What do you want him to do instead? Come to Jamaica and help hunt down the rapists?!?

Relax, Sass!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Rebel without a cause...

Comment

Yu si mi.

Comment

Mo these things must be on the front line . This plague called racism comes in many form. Personally thought it was irresponsible and reckless on the govt. officials to come out in black. Everything wrong is associated with black, we then ask the same black kids to do well in higher math and science. Their subconscious will say no.

Comment

Working...
                              X