No announcement yet.

Concerns about increase in lawyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standards have fallen all around...both in matriculation, teaching, and practice....not surprised....plus you have the distance learning programmes...

Comment

Yu have mi laughing loudly and waking up Sleeping Beauty...so whe yu really a seh...Lawyer no have brain????

Comment

Sarcasm...

Comment

Not fungible, except in the Caribbean. Different Jurisorudence.

Better we graduate nurses!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
              Not fungible, except in the Caribbean. Different Jurisorudence.

Better we graduate nurses!
              Perhaps...and I am sure in a great many areas...there would have to be 'retraining' ...and certainly adapting to the 'chosen' country. The training of professionals and others for employment outside of the island is imperative. Let me repeat what I have been screaming for years (and also on this site) we are a small economy that cannot approach anywhere near what all developed societies strive for 'full emplyment'. Each year we keep churning out from our education institutions tens of thousands seeking to enter the work-force. Our attritions rates from that work-force will, as it is everywhere, never keep pace. Fortunately the world has demand for workers that with GOJ and Jamacia Private Sector cooperation we can capitalize on. ...we can leverage to our advantage...we can exploit!!!

It all falls under the mantra 'tek weh wi money'. Our markets lie outside of the island...the selling of our goods and services = better standards of living at home = great inflows of money & new improved ways of 'doing things'!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

In Amnerica, you haffi pass BAR fi every state and they have diffeent jurisprudence.

Our nurses have de-facto UK and Canadian qualification and US accpets them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                  In Amnerica, you haffi pass BAR fi every state and they have diffeent jurisprudence.

Our nurses have de-facto UK and Canadian qualification and US accpets them too.
                  ...do you know we have Jamaicans who went through UWI here practicing law?

...there is just about (and I am being cautious here as I do not have facts on or know of every professional, vocational discipline or 'common labourer' area) ...a Jamaican working in these United States. We can train for 'export' (Since Maudib has a problem I have put export in parentheses).

...on nurses and teachers: As far as I know in these United States they have to sit exams and acquire/meet the relevant State licensing regulations.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

not without taking the bar exam .....

put it this way, lawyers are not recruited the way nurses and teachers are. i will go one step further, lawyers trained at do not do so with the hopes og going to the US, within the caribbean, sure because of the way the system is set up

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

They basically have to re-qualify...really a waste of educational resources at a global level. New York Bar is no joke and all young Kennedy had to sit it hummutch times before he passed??

Nurses and teachers have a far lower hurdle to scale.

Comment

All young Kennedy?!? Why yuh tink him did bright in di first place?!??

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                        X