Exile you had asked about hotels in Port Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exile you had asked about hotels in Port Antonio

You have the Palace, Mocking Bird, Dragon Bay, French man cove, Wispering cove and others.

Most of the hotels in Portland were decent and were build in the 1980s or before. Some of the designs are impressive but the best part of your visit is enjoying the beauty of the place and the local scene and cheap local food etc.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Portland is indeed the greenest parish. FM Cove is nice. Did you ever see the small streams there filled with damsel fish? I'll hv to back see if they are still there. Very unusual habitat for reef fish.

Comment

I haven't been to most of the major hotels in Portland for a while as I have so many places to stay and once I go there I usually get lost because I know so many people and I end up just hanging out and having a good time. going a beach and river and some activity. The last time I went I went to a river in my community and had janga biting my feet when I stood in one place too long.

Hope whatever happen to Portland in the future it doesn't lose some of this innocence.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I heard Dragon Bay got sucked into the Beaches Resort chain. Stayed there bout 8 years ago.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Sass - is The Palace still opened? They were not doing much business..
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

..could be longer.

Dragon Bay had its best years during the Michael Rosenberg tenure..
            - Langston Hughes

Comment

Here are some

http://www.frenchmanscove.com/about-frenchmans-cove/

http://www.tranquility-villa.com/the_villa.html

http://www.moonsanvilla.com/
              near the Blue Lagoon
              - Langston Hughes

Comment

last time I check it was still open. That hotel within itself is sad. The lady open it when Portie was dying.

Most of the hotels still open but they are a shadow of themselves, that is why I said you do'n't go to portland for hotel rooms.

Comment

Thanks MsmeX..these all look good!!! Awau from the AIs. I will look into one of them for a future visit as I am already locked in. Always thought you had to take the whole villa.

Comment

FM Cove - best beach in Jamaica.

Only problem, water too cold, being fed by that absolutely clear but freezing river!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      FM Cove - best beach in Jamaica.

Only problem, water too cold, being fed by that absolutely clear but freezing river!
                      Yes the water is COWL!

Mo - have you ever been to Winnifred's?; used to be a good beach - back in the days. Don't know about now.
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

mi brethren live right a Winifred beach. Nice beach.

Comment

Whats up with Mockingbird Hotel? The hotel did not look appealing from the street, but great reviews online!
                          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Same thing with Demontovin Lodge on Titchfield hill.

Comment

Sounds familiar! Not sure.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X