No announcement yet.

Exile you had asked about hotels in Port Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, Runaway Beach. I use to go there a while ago.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

1. $200
      2. No
      3. No

Comment

where you get this from?
        This is what they went to court about and the judge ask them to try and come up with a solution. Nobody did and so it may go back to court.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Get what from? I got it from my brain...$200 same as Fort Clarence for entry fee...it's a beach not a bend down plaza...no vendors allowed...they don't need a say in how the beach is run...it's a beach...pay your $200 and go sun bathe and hold a swim...

Comment

Well then you can go a fort Clarence, the people of Fairy Hill and Port Antonio not having you townpeople tell them how to run their community beach.

Comment

Their beach? I see...

Comment

Where has UDC been all these years?

Comment

Bricktop, no one is saying people are not employed in the hotel industry, more so, your apparently favourite chain - Sandals. I'm sure you'll agree that the issue of employment by a hotel chain which has a sprinkling over Jamaica is not the solution to a wider national 'unemployment' problem. That too, is a development issue along with its plethora of problems.

What I'm emphasizing is the inherent right of ALL Jamaicans - of all social and economic strata to have beach access - and not only to 'discarded' ones. That's not too difficult a concept.

Comment

LOl..I can see agouti from my office window, howler and spider monkeys from the football field, iguanas quite often and the occasional boa constrictor (up to 8 feet), not to mention many species of birds, huge centipedes, scorpions...don't have to pay for that...not to mention the scenic drive to and from work - how to you value that? Priceless.

Yu mussi tink mi surname start with R.
                    Last edited by Exile; December 11, 2012, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I agree totally. What is it with us and freeness? We always want freeness AND expect properly maintained facilities at the same time. Can't work.

The advantage of a nominal fee is not even to make money, it is mostly to discourage those who destroy and abuse the facilities. ie half the country.

Now if we were a society who were known to pay taxes then maybe an argument could be made for "free" public services.
                      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

How good a job have they been doing running it themselves?
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Who are the culprits not paying the taxes??? Not people who have PAYE, its the same people who rant and rave about government inability to do things.

Comment

The beach at Runaway Bay is free and it works!

Well, it's free to use the beach. You pay for the changing room and there is food and drinks on sale.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Primarily business people and self-employed , large and small, individual.

You think the beach vendors, hustlers, rent-a-dreads are filing their taxes regularly? Mek dem pay a smalls fe work pon the beach.

Comment

So its not free then.

I wish them would operate free and for-fee public bathrooms side by side. Unoo can go use the free one, me will pay a smalls fe use the other one so dem can give unoo toilet paper once a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X