No announcement yet.

'Tourism Not For Us' - William Knibb Youths Shun Sector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact is that in some quarters at least the HEART certifcate is in demand. I can remember you had to beg a politician or Mr. Big a ship card. I remember certain hotels that you had to pass through some people who know nothing about service etc. It was like the farm work program but now the HEART graduates can go in as supervisors in many divisions and departments. Bartender and Chefs can go into the hotels and on the ships with some qualifications without starting as dishwashers. That is what formal training does.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

• yes sass whch is right, but mi woulda feel betta if it did cross the board not jus the tourist sector

Comment

• funny you guys are saying this. I asked or suggested doing something in falmouth the other day to a family member and his sentiments was the same as the students..

Comment

• What's that, that blacks can advance in our hotels in Jamaica?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

• Video clip of the event.....worth a watch whatever your views on the topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxZGU...ayer_embedded#!
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

• Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                You right about that. That is all they are ugly monstrosities, but they kids who were in discussion from Willam Knibb don't sound like ones from that category.
                What colour are the people who live in the big house on the hill? Which whites are they playing second fiddle to?

Comment

• You miss the whole point that these young people are bringing across. I asked you before: With all your knowledge and education in business would you not want to own a 100 room hotel in Ja?

Comment

• in theory everbody would love to. You think it is an easy job??? Where the capital and the maintenance come from?? What are the conditions, location, market etc are many thing have to be considered.

The fact is if you are interested in that you have to start thing long term and not wait for it to fall in your lap. A nuff 100 rooms hotel close.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      yuh nuh agree with me on most things. i kinda like that.
                      lol
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

• Not everybody but you Sas. Your other questions were handled by the young sixth formers.

Comment

• Jawge my grandfather tell me from I was very small that, you maybe rich one day but I will tell you anything you want you going to have to work hard for it and that has been the story of my life.

I am not as lucky as you to get those things.

Comment

• Mi lucky fi get waht? Mi haffi werk f every penny mi haff. Mi grow pon the concept of self reliance. Back then (70s) yuh neva into dat, nuh true LOL

Comment

• So if it wasnt fi Joshua, you couldnt figger out things for yuhself?

Yuh need Messiah?

Comment

Working...
                              X