RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why the rath we don't drop everything an focus on this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

because I assumed you guys were following the events pertaining to the ports over the last 2 years...if so you would have known this... obviously I was wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      Very true....

What we waste the last 2 years doing?
      Applying for visas

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...month_14092905
      Senate president confirms move to Canada next month

Friday, April 19, 2013

Print this page Email A Friend!

PRESIDENT of the Senate Stanley Rev Redwood has confirmed that he will be resigning the position in May to emigrate to Canada with his family.

In a statement to the Jamaica Observer on Wednesday, Redwood admitted that he had not yet informed the Clerk to Parliament of his decision, but that he had made up his mind and will exit next month.

[Hide Description] REDWOOD… this choice is a reasoned family decision
      [Restore Description]
      1/1

Redwood — who lost two attempts to win election to the House of Representatives to the Opposition Jamaica Labour Party's JC Hutchinson in North West St Elizabeth in 2002, and to the JLP's Dr Christopher Tufton in South West St Elizabeth in 2007 — was appointed president of the Senate by the new People's National Party administration in January 2012.

Nearly 15 months later, he has decided to give up the position stating "this choice is a reasoned family decision".

Redwood's full statement to the Observer said:

"Five years ago, my family applied to the Canadian authorities for immigrant status. We had no knowledge of whether or when the application would have been approved. I continued to serve diligently wherever I was required.

"Two weeks ago, we were advised that our application had been accepted. The prime minister was immediately informed of our intention to accept the offer. All other relevant officials have been subsequently informed.

"This choice is a reasoned family decision.

"I am cognisant of the fact that this decision will inevitably disrupt my service as president of the Senate. I harbour a great deal of ambivalence and reticence in this regard.

"I am certain, however, that this move will open new doors and create more opportunities for me to continue to serve my beloved country among the growing Jamaican Diaspora in Canada.

"This transition is an opportunity to make vital connections and garner valuable experiences which I expect will help me to contribute even more practically and effectively to Jamaica's development in the near future. I commit to continuing my efforts to assist in the advancement of Jamaica, and I will be back.

"I have endeavoured, during my short but rewarding stint in the Senate, to carry out my responsibilities with impartiality, fairness and humility. I have always held the best interest of the Jamaican people at heart.

"I have been honoured to serve in that capacity, among some of the most committed Jamaicans. I hope I have been able to make even a small contribution to what I am confident will be remembered as the finest and most productive Senate since Independence.

"May God continue to bless and prosper our prime minister, our Government and the people of Jamaica. Sincerely, Stanley Redwood."

In addition to being president of the Senator, Redwood is also assistant vice-president of the International University of the Caribbean.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz2QwC1YhIP

Comment

Originally posted by Skeng DX View Post
        obviously I was wrong
        Yuh should put that in your Signature

Comment

stop it !...yuh a almost 50

Comment

Originally posted by Skeng DX View Post
            stop it !...yuh a almost 50
            Yuh must have picked up Mosiah file by accident...

Comment

But if you are following it that closely for 2 years you most likely will hava opinion for yourself.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

seriously as a middle age man...why do you exhibit such insecure behavior ?...are you unhappy with how your life turned out?...is that the people you use to hang with as a child, are for the most part successful US $ millionaires...while every-time you try to keep up...yuh realize you are BRUCK-PAHKiT !...whats nettling you Peter?...you are so 'acrid'

change you ways...people wi hate yuh!

Comment

hmmm mmmm

Comment

thanks dr. phil...i will change my acrid ways...

Comment

it's for your own benefit...if you continue, you are just going to accumulate a bagga secret enemies

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                        Poised for take off......
                        In the pipeline.

Comment

Lawd mi love da site yah. fulla information ad therapy.

Comment

is that the only thought you have on the subject? LOL
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

But a weh di? Mi look like mi business who like me or not? Unnuh a pay mi bills? I will be in my mansion in the hills sitting by my pool jinking dockeries

Comment

well...a your life

Comment

Working...
                                X