RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's 2013 and people still believe in duppy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do believe there's more to life than LOGIC as we know it.
    I believe that too, but I am humble enough to accept that some things may be unknowable. Doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trying to figure it out as best we can. I do not see the answers in the major religions, that is for sure.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Watch this when you have a few minutes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6w2M50_Xdk
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Edinburgh markets itself touristically as the most haunted city in Europe and the people in that industry believe it!

Trust mi, U coulda have phd, yuh naah go waan go down inna some ah dem deh haunted dungeous.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeng DX View Post
          What tools are there to show that Satan DOESNT exists?
          Duppy is supposed to be seen and heard and interacting with us but we should be able to explain any sight, sound or other interaction without a duppy doing it. Satan is is supposed to work via our minds, that it's harder to prove. I don't think Satan exist but I don't want to tackle that today. Let's focus on this duppy thing.
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

how you know Duppy don't exist???
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What dem seh:
              "the greatest trick the devil has pulled off is making you think he does not exist". "doubt is his greatest weapon".

How many times have you seen Hollywood quote that. LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                Education is supposed to eradicate Duppy. If you can read , write and comprehend then you have the tools to know that duppy don't exist! In the past 40 years we had JAMAL, we expanded primary education and we have converted schools to high schools.
                Come on, Time?
                ...ooooh you are an atheist?!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I get your point. Duppy activity is more along the lines of what would happen in a Haunted House with windows smashing, , etc. Satan usually just make you do supposedly bad things like fornicate, cuss badwud, etc.

As the guy in the youtube video says, organized religion figured out over the centuries what works and what doesn't, what can be easily explained away and what makes people so afraid they don't even want to question it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeng DX View Post
                    human beings over estimate their intelligence...divide the human brain size by the size of the cosmos /space...that is the ratio of our knowledge...I do believe there's more to life than LOGIC as we know it...what caused the big bang?
                    =we must have 'come from somewhere'=there must have been a beginning!!!
                    I believe in 'duppy'(and the Holy Spirit and other spirits)...not afraid of them...but I do believe!!!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Where must I start with you? JAMAL
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Heh!heh!heh!

Comment

Flip Wilson thing...the devil made me do it.... LoL

Comment

We ARE spirit. That is what the real US are.

What so strange about that?

What yuh think driving this carnal existence? The flesh and blood is just the (serious) video game. LoL

Comment

LOL!

Comment

Time better man a duppy nuh box him

LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X