COVID and the heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    That unlike what you and your friends are saying summer heat will not kill the virus. 133 degree will but that will kill most living thing as I said. The virus is adaptable to living condition. As Don1 and Rockman said that you refuse to correct that summer heat and warmer climate will result in much less infection, which has not been the case. The Theory that the virus will be less deadly in the summer is all but a theory.

Now what is your problem?
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

how i come into this? male nurses have the freedom to work in several different areas of medicine & they get to focus 100% on patient care...chill out rockhead...

Comment

What is the motive behind posting that youtube video clip?

Comment

you're not too bright are you...isn't it obvious? jangle mentioned that mulatto x is an RN...that clip was bigging up the male RN profession...duh

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            The article doesn't say that.
            "The article states summer heat alone will not kill the virus,it might result in modest declines and it gives a link to another article of mitigating public health initiatives when combined with heat that will.."

The article tell how heat can kill the virus like boiling food at 133 degree. What that have to d with summer? tell me what this have to do with summer
            Johnny you return with more of your Dummy-like "analysis"

No one has claimed that "Summer heat alone will kill the virus". You are trying to push an outright lie

Then you state
            The article tell how heat can kill the virus like boiling food at 133 degree. What that have to d with summer? tell me what this have to do with summer
            This is the irrational output of an ass

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

The only idiot who said that was Trump,all the professionals state the summer weather ( heat) can be a mitigating agent with other measures.

Cutting,copy and pasting to fit their narrative to win a point leads me to believe these guys are on an ego trip. Blaming others who disseminate science they believe should be withheld from the public is psychotic.

The consumer has a responsibility to read,comprehend ,practice and tell it like it is for his own interest, family and society. Failure to do so as Jangle and Sass persists in doing will only lead to the shattering of their credibility or what's left of it.

Pathological comprehending dimwits or illogical liars.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                The only idiot who said that was Trump,all the professionals state the summer weather ( heat) can be a mitigating agent with other measures.
                Adding "can" and "other measures" to your statements don't legitimize the theory about the summer heat and Covid-19. The theory is being proven to be ridiculous with the increasing numbers of new cases in those hot states.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

is it winter in central america?

Comment

I'll break it down for Johnny & Co

Seems Johnny & Co don't understand simple English or elementary logic

"Can be" or "may be" do not mean certainty. It means heat tends to retard propagation of the virus and in the right conditions can kill it... in some circumstances.

Heat can reduce infections from touching surfaces. However the virus apparently is obviously more commonly carried by airborne particles directly to others or by human interactions/contact.

"Mitigating agents" mean that other factors (eg hand-washing/masks/social distancing etc) are effective in reducing initial infections and subsequent propagation... resulting in lower overall numbers of infected people. These factors are the most important in mitigation

IF the initial studies prove correct - hot weather MAY reduce the propagation of the virus

"Reducing the rate of propagation" doesn't necessarily equal reduced overall numbers of people with the virus. It may but that's not a certainty

It means that.. if not for the heat factor...the number of infections may have been greater than actual results

This simple construct is what I call thinking in 3D. Even broken down like this they likely won't understand. Johnny & Co are stuck in a a pathetic one-dimensional world. They can't extrapolate on data well and consequently have serious difficulties in comprehension

Comment

middle east

Talk bout illogical, calling names?

They are so always right that they can't say "It is proven wrong"

They know so much that instead of saying ""i believe" "I think" everything they post is FACT and everybody else a dummy even when they copy and paste without giving the source.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

and I will counter

I'd say there are very few countries where we can "trust the numbers" so if that's the case in JA it's far from unusual. What will be difficult to conceal are unusual spikes in deaths (or virus symptoms in the infected) and the toll in JA seems relatively low per capita with no unusual reports of surges in mortality or symptomatic rates.

There may be resistance built up in many countries like JA by the mandatory malaria vaccination.

In fact the death toll in tropical and sub-tropical regions (if we can trust the numbers) appears much lower than colder zones. There's a theory backed by some evidence that a hot, humid climate tends to rapidly retard and/or kill the virus as compared to cold regions.

In Africa where the health systems and heath outcomes are in many/most cases notoriously sub-standard (even compared to JA which is not good) the death toll attributed to Covid-19 is moderate to low. That's at this point in time.

The flu is a Coronavirus...It's just not novel i.e. new. Covid-19 is novel. Every Fall it's "Flu Season" in the US and similar countries. 100s of thousands of mostly elderly or health-compromised people may die depending on the flu type. Millions get inoculated.

Does JA or other similarly-situated countries places have this massive problem? Nope. There's a reason and it's climate-related.

Heat matters it appears. The malaria vaccine may matter also. JA and other hot zones may be beneficiaries. But these likely pre-existing advantages have to be combined with the widely know mitigation measures which GOJ for example...and many other governments have put in place.

Just goes to show that comparing outcomes directly between differing countries and then using that to gauge the effectiveness of "government responses" is often an exercise in propaganda and/or ignorance...i.e. Dummy Territory. Statistical comparative analysis works with like vs like

Dummies like Trump and others use stats for propaganda. So Dummy Donald is a two-fer

Comment

I wont even give them that grace of lacking basic 1st form comprehension. These guys are egotistical pathological assaulters of the truth.

The articles they quote say,repeat,report,disseminate the same information we have been saying, instead what we have is intentional manipulation of the articles to score points.( Cut ,Copy and Paste)

Who says the virus by itself in the human enviroment of weather will be exterminated. I specifically ask Jonny if he understands what the article is saying and point out "The article states summer heat alone will not kill the virus,it might result in modest declines and it gives a link to another article of mitigating public health initiatives when combined with heat that will"

Johnny states "The article tell how heat can kill the virus like boiling food at 133 degree. What that have to d with summer? tell me what this have to do with summer "

He then goes on to contradict himself after I point out to him a link in the article that covers the implication of seasonal weather, he states " yes, it will not make a huge dent. It will continue to spread".

Jangle realising Johnny is in a pickle blames me by attacking my profession for dissemenating research findings, he states "Boss cut Bullshit. The bottom line is that this ridiculous theory about summer temperatures will reduce the spread and/or kill the COVID-19 virus, should never have been put out in the public sphere"

Then the clown Brick chimes "is it winter in central america".

These clowns cant read,comprehend or disseminate research to come to any rational conclusion, they are either on a ego trip to prove a point or simply dumb ,worse case pathological liars.

You know where I stand in regards to the comprehension skills of these clowns .
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Show me one way the article said summer month will kill the virus? The article said the lab test can't confirm anything. Only thing they know is the virus die at 133 in the lab. SHOW ME ANYTHING ELSE.

As Stated 133 degree heat will kill the virus, will 100 degree kill the virus??? Nobody can tell you that. At what degree will the virus spread. Does it spread different at 60 degree than at 90 degree??? None us us know.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                              Adding "can" and "other measures" to your statements don't legitimize the theory about the summer heat and Covid-19. The theory is being proven to be ridiculous with the increasing numbers of new cases in those hot states.
                              Simplistic and one-dimensions rubbish

Explain why Coronaviruses - like influenza and Covid-19 -generally arise and flourish in colder regions ...moreso than in the Tropics.

Why there is a well-known "flu season" in those colder zones where there's annual hysteria about getting a "flu shot".

Why there's great fear among experts e.g. Fauci and others.. re a big upsurge of Covid-19 in the Fall "flu season"
                              Last edited by Don1; June 15, 2020, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I wont even give them that grace of lacking basic 1st form comprehension. These guys are egotistical pathological assaulters of the truth.

The articles they quote say,repeat,report,disseminate the same information we have been saying, instead what we have is intentional manipulation of the articles to score points.( Cut ,Copy and Paste)

Who says the virus by itself in the human enviroment of weather will be exterminated. I specifically ask Jonny if he understands what the article is saying and point out "The article states summer heat alone will not kill the virus,it might result in modest declines and it gives a link to another article of mitigating public health initiatives when combined with heat that will"

Johnny states "The article tell how heat can kill the virus like boiling food at 133 degree. What that have to d with summer? tell me what this have to do with summer "

He then goes on to contradict himself after I point out to him a link in the article that covers the implication of seasonal weather, he states " yes, it will not make a huge dent. It will continue to spread".

Jangle realising Johnny is in a pickle blames me by attacking my profession for dissemenating research findings, he states "Boss cut Bullshit. The bottom line is that this ridiculous theory about summer temperatures will reduce the spread and/or kill the COVID-19 virus, should never have been put out in the public sphere"

Then the clown Brick chimes "is it winter in central america".

These clowns cant read,comprehend or disseminate research to come to any rational conclusion, they are either on a ego trip to prove a point or simply dumb ,worse case pathological liars.

You know where I stand in regards to the comprehension skills of these clowns .
                                Dummies abound!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X