COVID and the heat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

As Stated 133 degree heat will kill the virus, will 100 degree kill the virus??? Nobody can tell you that. At what degree will the virus spread. Does it spread different at 60 degree than at 90 degree??? None us us know.
    Correct Dummy...those answers are as yet not established by science.

That's the reason intelligent folks say "may" and not "will". Apparently you don't know the difference
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

only a pity you came to earlier conclusion without the facts.

That is the same question I was asking from my first posts on the subject.

If you were that smart you would have answered them directly rather than trying to use your intelligence to try to defend, something that can't be defended.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The only "conclusions" I came to were that some outcomes MAY be present if certain factors and conditions apply. That's nothing certain nor definitive. You cannot understand this apparently

Bone up on English comprehension...you'll be better able to understand concepts and form intelligent responses

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

yes you came up with that yesterday.
          your post is there to show, you not fooling nobody.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Provide a quote fom me where there's a definitive statement - in your educated opinion - about weather conditions "killing the virus" or any other definitive statement about outcomes re virus measures.

If you can't you'll be a liar or a confirmed Dummy...or both

To help you...

Definition of definitive

1: serving to provide a final solution or to end a situation

2: authoritative and apparently exhaustive

Last edited by Don1; June 15, 2020, 01:49 PM.

Comment

let me show you one example. A who post this headline

Good news for JA and other tropical hot spots

you had a different opinion then?

Comment

LOL!

So stating something is "good news"...is a definitive statement?? Does the statement provide a solution to a problem?? Is it purporting to be exhaustive or authoritative?? Does it indicate an end to a problem??

Can you be any more of a Dummy???

There must be something else that you're alluding to...Say it's so Johnny

Comment

Originally posted by Don1
                  ACHTUNG DUMMIES...HEAT MATTERS. But no doubt the Dummies in their stupidity will think "But dat nuh seh...JA temperatures neva get dat high.
                  Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                  Heat clearly retards the virus and can kill it if applied long enough and at appropriate temperatures.

Heat...whether from the environment or human-generated can be a weapon against the virus. Only Dummies would not know this
                  You don't seem to understand that here you agree that heat kills the virus over varying temps and time periods
                  In fact the death toll in tropical and sub-tropical regions (if we can trust the numbers) appears much lower than colder zones. There's a theory backed by some evidence that a hot, humid climate tends to rapidly retard and/or kill the virus as compared to cold regions.

In Africa where the health systems and heath outcomes are in many/most cases notoriously sub-standard (even compared to JA which is not good) the death toll attributed to Covid-19 is moderate to low. That's at this point in time.

The flu is a Coronavirus...It's just not novel i.e. new. Covid-19 is novel. Every Fall it's "Flu Season" in the US and similar countries. 100s of thousands of mostly elderly or health-compromised people may die depending on the flu type. Millions get inoculated.

Does JA or other similarly-situated countries places have this massive problem? Nope. There's a reason and it's climate-related.

Heat matters it appears. The malaria vaccine may matter also. JA and other hot zones may be beneficiaries. But these likely pre-existing advantages have to be combined with the widely know mitigation measures which GOJ for example...and many other governments have put in place.

Just goes to show that comparing outcomes directly between differing countries and then using that to gauge the effectiveness of "government responses" is often an exercise in propaganda and/or ignorance...i.e. Dummy Territory. Statistical comparative analysis works with like vs like
                  Your implications and inferences are clear. Stating that heat at 123 degrees kills the virus is akin to saying that water is wet.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
                    Jangle realising Johnny is in a pickle blames me by attacking my profession for dissemenating research findings, he states "Boss cut Bullshit. The bottom line is that this ridiculous theory about summer temperatures will reduce the spread and/or kill the COVID-19 virus, should never have been put out in the public sphere"
                    Me know you have a penchant for twisting people's words to support your arguments, but do better than that..... a no Loserfool thing this.
                    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The implications & inferences are that you're not informed..

That's clear

Only a Dummy would simultaneously agree that heat at a certain level kills the virus and also find issues with my stating that fact

Flu season is an annually recurring time period characterized by the prevalence of outbreaks of influenza (flu). The season occurs during the cold half of the year in each hemisphere. Influenza activity can sometimes be predicted and even tracked geographically.

The exact mechanism behind the seasonal nature of influenza outbreaks is unknown. Some proposed explanations are:

People are indoors more often during the winter, they are in close contact more often, and this promotes transmission from person to person.

A seasonal decline in the amount of ultraviolet radiation may reduce the likelihood of the virus being damaged or killed by direct radiation damage or indirect effects (i. e. ozone concentration) increasing the probability of infection.

Cold temperatures lead to drier air, which may dehydrate mucous membranes, preventing the body from effectively defending against respiratory virus infections.

Viruses are preserved in colder temperatures due to slower decomposition, so they linger longer on exposed surfaces (doorknobs, countertops, etc.).
                      Heat matters. Climate matters...but Dummies are unaware
                      Last edited by Don1; June 15, 2020, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Those are your words in quotes full context! You want me to disregard the article which Johnny provided which states warm weather can mitigate COVID and reject it as not worthy to be put in public because it doesnt fit your narrative of how the virus operates.

I told you,yuh follow certain man ( Johnny)and yuh will end up looking like a fool, well your day has come.
                        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

At best you are spreading propaganda. It it was not your opinion, why didn't you say so. Your posts infer that temp will make a difference. Never once did you ever say it may not.

I can go and search for more later.

Comment

LOOL!!! thanks man, I went to lunch. it didn't take you long to point out how smart he is. you know with them, you can't believe what they post.

Comment

O God man did X really say you attack his profession???

Does he forget the personal attacks and calling people names? How can he say that with a straight face and in the same breath calling me "Johnny". LOL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                                At best you are spreading propaganda. It it was not your opinion, why didn't you say so. Your posts infer that temp will make a difference. Never once did you ever say it may not.

I can go and search for more later.
                                Johnny this is more DummyTalk on your part

By saying something "may" occur...there's an inference that it "may not". Stating that it may not is tautology... i.e. not required. Except by a Dummy

Comment

Working...
                                X