No announcement yet.

This is a sad day in Ja's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If di peeple cyaan see dat dem juss turn back Ja's greatest leader since Manley then why bother.
    Jawge, the democratic process has spoken. Let us respect it nuh brother? It is not the first time that a great leader of men was rejected by the political process and it certainly won't be the last. The important thing is that the decision of the majority be respected and we move on. This is what democracy is all about. Government of the people, by the people, for the people.
    "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
      Jawge, the democratic process has spoken. Let us respect it nuh brother? It is not the first time that a great leader of men was rejected by the political process and it certainly won't be the last. The important thing is that the decision of the majority be respected and we move on. This is what democracy is all about. Government of the people, by the people, for the people.

Exactly Tilla! by the people, for the people so doesn't the people deserve to know what happened? I am glad you brought it up.

For too long the people in Jamaica seem to have forgotten that they are the government and have been treated like step child and slaves(well thats what we are)

So I agree with you boss that the people's will MUST BE RESPECTED.

Now what was the people's will? Is there a constitutional agreement for recount? Is there a margin of victory that triggers a recount?

Where are our journalists and scholars? If anyone can find an article on those issues please post it as I must say that I know little of Jamaica's constitution(I am ashamed) however admitting that you don't know is the first step to seeking knowledge.

Let us not lose sight of the fact that no nation that doesn't protect its children is a nation of god and no nation that isn't a nation of god shall prosper. It just don't happen, righteousness have to exalt the nation.

Is there a man amongst us that is "carrying belly for the youths"? Please step forward now fi unnu purge or carry the belly full term.

Tilla did the President of the NPL Clubs Association link up yet?
      After mi send on the formula to him so that him coulda tek it to Cash Plus and double up the money he was getting mi end up no hear from him again.

respect

Comment

Was Vaz mon a US Citizen?

Originally posted by Time View Post
        Sad day indeed and the qoute about Garvey is relevant. Portia's blunder was to wait to long call the election. If she had called it within 30 days of her appointment as party leader then she would have won 37.

Anyhow Vaz seat is going to the courts because he has a US passport.

...If Vaz got his US passport because his mother was a US Citizen and he never took the oath then the PNP don't have a case.
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Well, the courts will make that determination. Yes, even our wukliss court might make a decision that I stand by.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
          X