No announcement yet.

I guess the tourism salaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bet you never answer my question. If they don't get a first job, how are they going to step up in middle class if they have no experience, no training and no desire to achieve? Just siddum and say it too low? You think they were looking for university grads?

With some experience or education jobs are available that pay middle class or higher wages in jamaica. https://www.caribbeanjobs.com/Hospit...obs-in-Jamaica
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I answered your question , in fact you answered your question. Poor people , in fact anyone would reject a job in poverty they would rather become independent entrepreneurs. Whatever it is . It's embarrassing you can't put the dots together.These lunch money and bus fare jobs are for teenagers in the 1st world to build work ethic and experience, not adults trying to raise families . Those adults that do accept them have resigned themselves to a life of poverty.You seem to dismiss them as lacking ambition, when their reality is more complicated.
      Last edited by Sir X; November 11, 2022, 06:53 AM.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

nothing wrong with been entrepreneurs. the fact is short sited people like you make it bad. i know myself and Jangle benefitted from training and many others. You should be encouraging people to get a trade, get licenses and stop your crap. People need options, training and support. Not because some start in tourism means they will have a life in the industry. You need to open your mind. You know how many tourism workers have their business running? This is not communism.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Now I am to blame, 1st its dem nuh waah wuk, then its dem waah siddung, now its my fault. It just couldnt be that the salaries arent attractive enough to fill the void. Guess what it happens in white collar professions, you think blue collar workers are exempt, especially when they calculate its worth lunch money and bus fare for themselves, not even their families ?

Have a nice day Mr. economics...lol, this convo is over.
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

A basic butler job, waiter, cook, Front Office clerk job is not for everybody but they are some of the highest earning job for young people in Jamaica and it gives them an opportunity to get experience, trained and provide a way for them to save a few bucks or get an education free for some. They get paid more than bank clerk, more than most entry level teacher, and police. Within a year or two if the show interest they can move up in middle management. Others who save their money may get a chance they never had to pay for college, start a little entrepreneurship or get on an oversees work program or move to a better paying hotel job as experience is earned. There is nothing unique about that. I worked odd jobs in America just to get through college, I am sure you worked some odd job before you became a qualified nurse. Nothing is different, a just the mentality and hate for tourism and the want to get rich today attitude. Do you expect a entry level job to mind a bigman with 4 or 5 kids and baby mothers? and pay for expensive apartment? Run along.

Comment

Working...
            X