X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no!

Comment

Originally posted by GazX View Post
      Whats the sayin; He who Kin dem teet first, Kin wi dem ?..............
      Gazx, let's start here, Glen is 26 and Bale is 21 so Glen needs to move fast if he will convert to a winger, 2nd Glen is not know as a speedster while Bale is decpetivly fast so work needs to be done their. 3rd one of the secrets to Bale's success is that he was a distance runner so his stamina and conditioning last a whole 90 mins (Running around Maicon like a schoolboy late in the game) last I checked Glen was no quarter miler.

And last but not least Harry and many Pundits will tell you that another of Bale's secrets is how he can manipulate his foot in a Beckham kind of way around the ball so those crosses and free kicks that you see him curve with no back lift are very intentional, Glen can kick a good volley but when it come to putting "english" on a ball he is much less effective.

I will leave up to time to prove you right but you will be waiting for a very long ti....

Comment

Ah right ah hear yuh sir

Comment

an if him nevah destroy Di Macon or Di Macon did destroy him, ah wah daaattt. Suh its a condition which govern di Anti ting. if successful den ah nuh Anti else it ah Anti. Mi did always tink ah di action, but ah di outcome ah di action.

Comment

finally!!!!

if that is the paradigm ... i.e. hindsight...yuh nuh si karl can never et it wrong...3 card trick!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Right!!

Comment

I mentioned this about a month ago, and after G.Bs performance against Inter, have to ask it agen. Could Glen Johnson's best position be playing right of midfield instead of the full-back position. He's pretty quik decent when going forward and running at opposition's fullbacks, and with out those question marks over his ability to defend, and with the security of having a fullback covering him, could he be the Liverpool answer to Gareth Bale.
                Gaz - as the responses spawned from this original post suggest, you touched a nerve (Scaly :-)) I think you invited it in the wording as any comparison between the two players was bound to illicit misinterpretation.

I believe you are saying that Glenn Johnson should play midfield, and not defense. If he did, he would probably have a positive impact on his team as Bale's transition has had at Spurs. If so, I agree, somewhat. Johnson is not a particularly good defender, but he does show talent going forward from a defensive position. I think the big problem with playing him as a midfielder however, is his lack of speed and in the Liverpool framework, he'd also have to be a much more skillful passer than he is.

Now, if you are saying that he will be as good as Bale after such a transition, I disagree, speed, stamina and youth conspire in Bale's favour.

PM
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly Spurs View Post
                  Gazx, let's start here, Glen is 26 and Bale is 21 so Glen needs to move fast if he will convert to a winger, 2nd Glen is not know as a speedster while Bale is decpetivly fast so work needs to be done their. 3rd one of the secrets to Bale's success is that he was a distance runner so his stamina and conditioning last a whole 90 mins (Running around Maicon like a schoolboy late in the game) last I checked Glen was no quarter miler.

And last but not least Harry and many Pundits will tell you that another of Bale's secrets is how he can manipulate his foot in a Beckham kind of way around the ball so those crosses and free kicks that you see him curve with no back lift are very intentional, Glen can kick a good volley but when it come to putting "english" on a ball he is much less effective.

I will leave up to time to prove you right but you will be waiting for a very long ti....
                  Yes Scaley, Mi like dat answer deh although not so sure bout de putting
                  H-inglish pon ball bit. What de H-inglish, or H-irish hav to do wid a Welshman mi nuh kno. But glen a nuh slouch wen it cum to fitness/ stamina ting. Remember dis guy is running/ overlapping from him full back position to eida get him crosses in, or to cut inside/lay ball off. And then running to get back in his full back position!! As a general rt sided midfielder who can push drop back and defend/ tackle, an as important buss farward at defences GJ could fill that role. Here's a few clip of what i talkin bout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQGBdb4T5A

Comment

Originally posted by Scaly Spurs View Post

Yes Scaley, Mi like yuh answr deh although nuh suh sure bout de putting
                    H-inglish pon ball bit. What de H-inglish, or H-irish hav to do wid a Welshman mi nuh kno. But remember, glen a nuh slouch wen it cum to fitness/ stamina ting. Remember dis guy is running/ overlapping from him full back position to eida get him crosses in, or to cut inside/lay ball off. And then running to get back in his full back position!! As a general rt sided midfielder who can push drop back and defend/ tackle, an as important buss farward at defences GJ could fill that role. Here's a few clip of what i talkin bout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQGBdb4T5A

Comment

Yes Scaley, Mi like dat answer deh although not so sure bout de putting
                      H-inglish pon ball bit. What de H-inglish, or H-irish hav to do wid a Welshman mi nuh kno. But glen a nuh slouch wen it cum to fitness/ stamina ting. Remember dis guy is running/ overlapping from him full back position to eida get him crosses in, or to cut inside/lay ball off. And then running to get back in his full back position!! As a general rt sided midfielder who can push drop back and defend/ tackle, an as important buss farward at defences GJ could fill that role. Here's a few clip of what i talkin bout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edQGBdb4T5A
                      "English" is a term used by some to refer to how fast and accuratly a round object will spin while moving. Do you play pool?

Comment

karl is the dr pangloss of the forum! ... the effect is because of the cause ....

excerpt:

"It is demonstrable," said he, "that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end. Observe, for instance, the nose is formed for spectacles, therefore we wear spectacles. The legs are visibly designed for stockings, accordingly we wear stockings. Stones were made to be hewn and to construct castles, therefore My Lord has a magnificent castle; for the greatest baron in the province ought to be the best lodged. Swine were intended to be eaten, therefore we eat pork all the year round: and they, who assert that everything is right, do not express themselves correctly; they should say that everything is best."

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                          Gaz - as the responses spawned from this original post suggest, you touched a nerve (Scaly :-)) I think you invited it in the wording as any comparison between the two players was bound to illicit misinterpretation.

I believe you are saying that Glenn Johnson should play midfield, and not defense. If he did, he would probably have a positive impact on his team as Bale's transition has had at Spurs. If so, I agree, somewhat. Johnson is not a particularly good defender, but he does show talent going forward from a defensive position. I think the big problem with playing him as a midfielder however, is his lack of speed and in the Liverpool framework, he'd also have to be a much more skillful passer than he is.

Now, if you are saying that he will be as good as Bale after such a transition, I disagree, speed, stamina and youth conspire in Bale's favour.

PM
                          Yes Paul, can see yuh have yuh Masters Degrees in ballerology. And as i type, guess who jus whip a danger ball into Napoli penalty box? At 25/26 years im not quite at him peak yet an still room for improvement. As for Bale, him betta learn some footskills before him start lose im pace. When's the last time anyone see im drop any footskills an madup a bwoy?

Comment

You notice the only time Liverpool have any pressure on Napoli is when Johnson go forward. Jovanovich had a good start, but momentum favouring Napoli. I agree with you that Johnson can still improve and there is no question that Bale's not a skill baller - good passer, good crosser, good runner, great strike...but not a brukist.
                            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

the more effective ballas play to their stengths and don't try to play their ability. if bruckyboo business is not your strength...nubadda try it.

of course one has to adapt but still, play to your strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                                the more effective ballas play to their stengths and don't try to play their ability. if bruckyboo business is not your strength...nubadda try it.

of course one has to adapt but still, play to your strengths.
                                Agreed. So tell me, what is Lucas Lieva's strength? Just a question.

Comment

Working...
                                X