Crocodile Hunter Killed by Sting Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crocodile Hunter Killed by Sting Ray

<STRONG class=story-from>This story is from our news.com.au network[/b] <CITE class=source>Source: AAP</CITE> <H1>Irwin was one of the greats, says Bellamy</H1><CITE class=byline>From correspondents in London</CITE> <CITE class=author></CITE><DIV class=pub-date>September 04, 2006</DIV><DIV></DIV><H4>FAMED nature writer and broadcaster David Bellamy said today the field had lost one of its greats with the death of Steve Irwin.</H4><P class=encompass>

Bellamy, who has written dozens of books and presented many documentaries on nature, said Mr Irwin was “one of the greatest performers, and also an extremely good natural historian”.

“It's a very, very sad day for natural history and natural history television,” Bellamy said on the BBC.

“I could break down crying at this moment but I will try not to.

“He did take enormous risks but he knew what he was doing.

“It was one of the terrible, terrible, terrible accidents and I wish to God it didn't happen.”

Bellamy said Mr Irwin's showmanship made him famous, but should not diminish the quality of his work.

“He not only captivated Australia and all the visitors there, but he captivated America because he was audacious,” Bellamy said.

“He knew his stuff but he didn't write scripts and got on with the job.

“The world has lost one of the great natural historians and I am very, very sad about it.”

Mr Irwin was also popular in Britain, with news of his death topping bulletins on daytime television news.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: Crocodile Hunter Killed by Sting Ray

Always thought his guy in his tight khaki shorts was a crack up but it is really sad that he was killed.

Cant forget when he took his year old daughter into a crocodile enclosure much to the horror of the world.
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

RE: Crocodile Hunter Killed by Sting Ray

Really a terrible way to die. Can you imagine, the sting ray's sting went through his heart? Man, dem seh inna Jamaica, "if yuh born fi heng, yuh caan jown".

RIP Steve.
      "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
      X