No announcement yet.

Willi how is VC thing about Franno

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fine! But to talk nonsense about you needing more time because yuh never run dat leg yet, or all the other crap we've been hearing about...nonsense!

Teams mess up in relays for all sorts of reason. The main one is the leadoff runner gets jumpy and distracted when other runners approach and don't keep focused on their own runner and their own marker. And there are a ton load of other reasons that have nothing to do with learning how to adjust to another leg. And then some athletes just fool and would always mess up no matter what! (Lauryn?)

It is that easy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He changes it when he runs the anchor leg. That is not so bad because he has no one handing off to. But, if he did it on the back straight, what would happen is he would have to go across his body to place the baton in the right hand of the next runner from his right hand. Tragedy!

Of course, there's a chance of dropping the baton when you switch it to the other hand, and it messes up the hand movements while sprinting because there is no way you can make the switch following the natural movement of the arms in one go.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I also thought there had to be a sync in timing between the person giving and getting the baton so you don't drop or step out of the box.

To excute a great race there has to be more than 2 hours practice. Jamaica has been one of the worst teams at baton change over the years and it has cost us some medals. So maybe them a use too much science.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Notification 1.5 hrs before a race is Boxhill behaviour. Joke them a joke out this thing. Why did they hav eher practising anchor in the first place.

Comment

Huh?

So dont let SAF run then. Even if she went to camp, she would have practised 1st leg and then later felt pain and ask for a change. INJURY.

Again I ask..SAF nuh run anchor and VC would only run anchor which Kerron got, so where is the beef?

This beef is Kerron vs VC. Please just admit that once and for all. IF SAF DIDNT RUN, VC still would have a problem as she lost the anchor.

Preparing to fail like last year with VC on anchor and never even getting the baton? Kerron is left handed. You understand what that means in the relay?

Comment

She dodged them all week?

Comment

While JAAA itself is indisciplined, what do you expect?

Yuh see this regarding the camp?

"The training schedule/programme of the National Coaching Staff will take priority over that of personal coaches and/or agents. The schedule of personal coaches and/or agents should therefore be structured around that of the National Coaching Staff."

Comment

"Preparing to fail like last year with VC on anchor and never even getting the baton? Kerron is left handed. You understand what that means in the relay?"

yes I do but what you fail to see is that a little preparation could have change the whole thing. What happen at the last minute everybody including the JAAA bundle everything. This is in part because some members were not in camp. There should have been no last minute changes to accomodate nobody.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Actually Mo he has changed it while running one of the 'inside' legs for Jamaica could be at the WC in 07 which meant he took it in his left hand, switched to right then back again...as everyone sat and watched in horror
                    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                    Che Guevara.

Comment

So did MVP get the memo long before or not?

Did they do the right thing and lodge a complain? or they just ignored the memo?

While the JAAA is not all one can desire but you have to take in consideration that they have seasoned and young athlete in the camp and they have to accomodate everybody so there has to be some guideline.

Anyway the fact is there has to be some common ground as we can't do this every important meet.

Comment

so how much practice yuh tink di team did get anyway?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

human beings would not get away with such antics.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                            Kerron is left handed. You understand what that means in the relay?
                            Yuh joking, right?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I heard this nonsense from Bruce James on TVJ last weekend, so hence shouldnt be surprised that it was regurgitated here but look at the end of the Men's 4x100m and see which hand Asafa has the baton in...damn Lemmings, need to spray them or they will breed up all over the place.
                              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                              Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                                Sass, relays is not rocket science. Juliet Cuthbert dun rubbished that idea. There are simple rules to observe and if you know anything about relays, you can make whatever adjustment for another leg.

These are the rules - corner runners run and stay on the inside of the lane at all times; those on the straights run and stay on the right. That way, there can be no clipping of legs; corner runner take and carry the baton in the right hand; straight runners take and carry in the left. There should be no switching from one hand to the other.

The trickiest part is to know when to run off - 15 to 22 steps on the approach of the hand off runner. It does not take 90 minutes to figure that out when the teammate changes. And even so, sometimes you have to make an instant adjustment given what happens on the ground.

Other things, like how the baton is received (placed into the space between the thumb and index finger or placed into the palm of the next runner) is not rocket science either.

Dem cyaan fool me. Is many a relay me run inna fi mi lifetime!
                                It is not rocket science...but it takes practise to see 'speed' of incoming runner and familarity to notice differences under real race pressure. It too often means the difference in 1/1000th of a second, 1/100 of a second...or worse an incomplete exchange.

Just imagine ...that somehow with practise judging speeds of incoming runner improves. ...

...and guess what in real race pressure the runner rarely comes in and leaves at the speed practised ...so that work at judging speed...and being familar with the 'change-person'/'change-partner'...i.e. the two executing the exchange of the baton being familar with each other is extremely important.

Just dashing two suh-mady pon di track an seh tuh dem, mek hex-cellent change...neva wuk! dats nat di waay tuh plan fi win relay dem!
                                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                                X