Record Breaking mantle...

Oddawise wi cornah dark..

Man get rich and switch !!

Lol

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
    Record Breaking mantle...

Oddawise wi cornah dark..

Man get rich and switch !!

Well, didn’t Franno state his opinion (an opinion that, by the way, I agree with) that Bolt’s best days are behind him? Bolt is still wonderfully great, but I for one would be immensely shocked to see him run even a 19.20s.

The good thing, in my opinion, is that Bolt is not running himself into the ground with stacks of fast times. He chooses his races carefully and runs simply to win. On the other hand, he (Bolt) is making so much money from lucrative endorsements that he does not have to run as often as Asafa did in order to live comfortably.

And yes, I expect Yohan Blake to be the world’s best soon, unless someone pops up unexpectedly from somewhere on the planet (it can happen, as Bolt’s life story has shown us).

Comment

Originally posted by Historian View Post
      Well, didn’t Franno state his opinion (an opinion that, by the way, I agree with) that Bolt’s best days are behind him? Bolt is still wonderfully great, but I for one would be immensely shocked to see him run even a 19.20s.
      You would be shocked to see Bolt run "even" a 19.20??????

Hmmmm.... I know we are completely spoiled by our recent riches in sprinting... but "even" so there's something fundamentally wrong with this statement
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Weir will be next great 200m runner

Comment

It's a Serious Statement

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
          You would be shocked to see Bolt run "even" a 19.20??????

Hmmmm.... I know we are completely spoiled by our recent riches in sprinting... but "even" so there's something fundamentally wrong with this statement
          Remember the date of this post: August 17, 2013. I say this because the day that Bolt runs a 19.20s or lower race, you can more easily find this post in the archives and revive it. I will also publicly apologize to you.

The fact is that that was not an idle statement. Bolt is still unquestionably the fastest man on the planet, but running sub-19.30 seconds is extremely difficult (Bolt and Blake are the only men to have ever done so). I can assure you that Bolt in 2009 was vastly different when compared with the Bolt of today.

Don’t be fooled by Bolt’s post-race interview comments. Also, don’t be fooled by appearances of relaxation today (sprinters like Darrel Brown, Allyson Felix, etc. display this relaxed style as well). From what I saw Bolt did not ease up much; Warren Weir ensured that. Also, you will no doubt recall that the 200-meter race at last year’s London Olympics was close by the time Bolt and Blake reached the finish line!

I expect that by 2016 the reigning sprint superstar will be a certain fellow by the name of Yohan Blake. Mark my words!

Comment

Re: Weir

Originally posted by Exile View Post
            Weir will be next great 200m runner
            I agree that Weir can be a truly outstanding 200-meter runner, but I’m not sure if I would describe him as the “next great 200m runner.” Blake has a major advantage over Weir, and this is his natural speed. In addition to Blake’s speed and strength (he spends a great deal of time in the gym, as I’m sure Weir does as well), he has obviously learned to run the curve well, and this has resulted in his current status as the second fastest 200-meter runner in history.

Of course, all of this is simply my opinion.

Comment

Yeah after Bolt retire.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Remember the date of this post: August 17, 2013. I say this because the day that Bolt runs a 19.20s or lower race, you can more easily find this post in the archives and revive it. I will also publicly apologize to you.

The fact is that that was not an idle statement. Bolt is still unquestionably the fastest man on the planet, but running sub-19.30 seconds is extremely difficult (Bolt and Blake are the only men to have ever done so). I can assure you that Bolt in 2009 was vastly different when compared with the Bolt of today.

Don’t be fooled by Bolt’s post-race interview comments. Also, don’t be fooled by appearances of relaxation today (sprinters like Darrel Brown, Allyson Felix, etc. display this relaxed style as well). From what I saw Bolt did not ease up much; Warren Weir ensured that. Also, you will no doubt recall that the 200-meter race at last year’s London Olympics was close by the time Bolt and Blake reached the finish line!

I expect that by 2016 the reigning sprint superstar will be a certain fellow by the name of Yohan Blake. Mark my words!

My issue is the word "even". This suggests that 19.20 is NOT the extraordinary time it is. It also suggests a certain flippancy about the performances we are now seeing.... and the extreme level of effort required to achieve that hitherto unimaginable level.

So it's not about whether or not Bolt or anyone else can achieve that time.... so there's no need for any archiving or apologies if and when that occurs
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

You only state the obvious but uncomfortable reality (for some)

Comment

Hey, not taking anything away from Blake, but watching Weir's rapid improvement over time suggests he has some ways to go yet....he's running Quarri'es WR times....let's hope Ashmeade get's in the mix....

Comment

U forget Jason Young?

Comment

Has some ways to go yes...

Noone in the history of the World has covered 200m faster than Yohan Blake.. not even Bolt... and di story nuh dun yet.

Mi hear seh di men dem peak at 26...

Comment

So Blake has the World Record in the 200M? Whe him run it? Down Monk Street?

Comment

No-one in recorded History of the World has covered 200m faster than Yohan Blake aka The Beast...

Do you want that in Patois cause look like yuh english nah work suh good ??

Lemme try another way fi mek yuh comprehend:

No-one in recorded history has run faster than Yohan Blake over 200m.

Capiche ?

Comment

Big statement that, Historian.

Could it be that Bolt can get by with half measures? Not that his best days are behind him but his fastest times may not be replicated by him as he has not the drive to put out the effort in training and need to take necessary
                              'rest time'?

Isn't it that Bolt spends too much time off the training ground as the time he could spend there he spends shoring up appearances, endorsements and his bank account(s) and other investments?

I think he has at least one big last effort in him but he just may not make the effort. It may well be his fastest times are behind him as he may just have made the calculated decision that it is not worth the physical investment time when put along time input to improve current 'immediate' financial gains? ...maybe???
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X