Interesting facts about Jamaicans in the 100m since 1948

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting facts about Jamaicans in the 100m since 1948

From Jamaican men started to compete in the Olympic T &F in 1948 , running for Jamaica or another nation, it has been balanced between the USA vs the carribbean with Jamaicans being the dominant force in the carribbean as winning the most 100m medals and being in the most finals .I claim Labeach as Jamaican , as his father and brothers would.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/100_me...t_the_Olympics.

Click on the year and click on details, this bodes well for the future in my view.The fear of our dominance being gone because of the impending retirement of Bolt is overblown

* Jamaican men have have won 6 100m olympic medals since 1948 ( competing for Jamaica or another nation)

* Jamaicans have competed in the olympic 100m finals 13 times since 1948

* 18 100m Olympic finals have been contested since 1948.

* The USA has won 9 since 1948

What makes me optimistic is where the USA has started from a point of strength in that their athletes had the finest institutions, trainers and best practices upto 2K and never suffered from migration as we did in the case of Labeach,Christie or Bailey our program just started from a point of strength in 1988 from the advent of Bolt and is so strong that our B & C class 100m sprinters are still being poached by other nations.

People DEDD , DEDD, DEDD, DEDD .Watch the 400m program !Watch this piece get stolen and published in the Gleaner or Observer.

(C) SIR X.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Javon Francis needs to get his sh!t together because these youngsters naw joke. The 400m has evolved to a different level and if you are not doing mid 44sec by May, then yuh goose cooked.

A galaxy of stars will converge in Kingston for the JN Racers Grand Prix, and despite being the swansong for Usain Bolt locally, a lot of eyes will be on one Demish Gaye of GC Foster College.Just four years after taking track and field seriously, Gaye has created a buzz in track and field circes, especially after his sensational 44.85 in defeating national champion Javon Francis last Saturday.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...5?profile=1498
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

https://youtu.be/j47rdhRuXrA

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Zoomfield and Fitzroy Dunkley looked very good at Penns and I am expecting Christopher Taylor to pull off a little surprise soon. His program is geared for Jamaica Trials I understand.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Taylor has waaay more upside than any of them.Needs to double work on his 200m speed,his form is terrible and endurance can improve.42.50 is doable in 2 years memba mi tell yuh.

I expect us to dominate the the 400 in 2 years,both men and women.

Comment

Correction:

* Jamaican men have have won 6 100m olympic GOLD medals since 1948 ( competing for Jamaica or another nation)

Comment

Working...
            X