• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What at CV for a H.V coach

Brazilian TD arrives for duties at Harbour View
    Livingston Scott, Observer staff reporter
    Friday, July 04, 2008

Harbour View FC's new technical director, Waldemar Lemos De Oliveira of Brazil (right), poses with the club's general manager Clyde Jureidini at Harbour View on Wednesday.
    New technical director, Waldemar Lemos De Oliveira, got straight to the business of familiarising himself to players and club officials just moments after arriving at Harbour View Football Club from the Norman Manley International Airport Wednesday to take up his new post at the club.
    A renowned coach from Brazil, Oliveira made his first trip to the island as coach of Brazil's Under-20 team back in 1989 when they played against local side Santos FC. He revisited in 1999.
    "... I hope to stay here for a good (long) time," he told the Observer, adding that his decision to come to Harbour View was based purely on his love for the game.
    "Football was what encouraged me, just football... because I know we have good players here and we will try to help them to improve and the team also... I love football and I know we have to change some things and that's why I'm here," he said
    Oliveira said Jamaica's football has grown since his first time here and getting to know the players and personnel at the club is his priority.
    "Jamaica has changed and improved so much... because Jamaica went to the World Cup and I think that stands very well for them. But I come here to give myself, to do something (positive) here and I will try to give my best and everything for the club," he stated.
    "I will work day and night for the club and when I talk about work I speak about the training and everything here; the competitions, all the teams," he said.
    However, he was quick to point out that discipline was his trademark and his best player.
    "I like when teams play just football, no violence, nothing different... but discipline is my first player in the team; this is the top player, the best player in my team," he insisted.
    ".... We have to talk about everything here; we cannot make any decisions quickly because first we have to know the players, people, the staff and the club and the culture also. We know we will make some change but the important thing for me is discipline," the Brazilian reiterated.
    Meanwhile, he is hoping that by the times the Premier League kicks off in September, his troops will be fully prepared under his guidance.
    "We will try to make every effort, but I would speak lies to you if I say it was tomorrow, two weeks or three weeks... we must know everything here. I think we will have the chance to make things work quickly because we have good players... but I hope the people will try to help me because I came here to help, so we must work together," he stated.
    Oliviera has worked with some of his country's biggest clubs including Fluminense, Flamengo, Sao Paolo and Santos. He has also had international experience in Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
    And according to Harbour View's general manager Clyde Jureidini, the aquisition of Oliveira is expected to benefit the club threefold.
    He said they expect to learn from Oliveira's experience as an international coach of three countries, an international club of more than five countries and as a coach of some of Brazil's most famous clubs.
    He said the TD will instill discipline, technical and tactical training to the various team coaches and strenghten the senior team's preparation and administration skills for international tournaments.
    "The club will absorb and benefit from his knowledge in preparing an international programme, plus he'll pass on this knowledge to the various youth teams and administration as well," Jureidini said, adding that they were looking at this process over the next two years.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Is he more qualified than our national coach?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Leave that alone , lets hope personalities dont clash.I hope at least one or two more of the Big 4 follow.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Simple question.

There will be no clash. I understand they have a very good relationship.

Don't look for the Big 4 to follow. It's a vision thing. Who are the Big 4?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Arnett

T.G

Waterhouse

Portmore

Comment

I really don't understand you Mo.
            Why is that even a question?
            Anything to take a jab at Simoes eeehhh.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

good going Clovis, good luck.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Why are we getting emotional about it? It's a simple question. I think for a local club to have a more experienced coach than a national coach such as Simoes is quite an achievement.

We could drop the discussion right now if it pains you so.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

It doesn't pain me but you see where less experience coaches have a better job everyday.

Anyway Simoes resume read similar to Clovis and he has choosen to work under Simoes more than once. REspect to HV for capturing Clovis but there is no reason for that comparison.

Comment

Sass, are you sure....

That Wally and Clovis and one and the same? I don't think they are the same person!
                    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

yo....I have a gut feeling that we are looking at the long time coach of Jamaica probably as soon as Simoes is done there...but definately for the next World Cup campaign if Simoes isn't there

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                        Sass, are you sure....

That Wally and Clovis and one and the same? I don't think they are the same person!

Yuh rite pan dat!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

hmmm....interesting!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

sorry if I am but I still see no reason for the CV comparison.

Comment

unnu nuh easy at all. Unnu a look new TD already?

Comment

Working...
                              X