The King axed....!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
    King might be our best pure striker, but right now Deon Burton has been on fire ever since he has been recalled to the JA team. He is scoring goals for fun in his team's pre-season. If his form continues he will be our best pure striker. I'm not saying he is better than Shelton or Fuller.....no. Fuller is more a combination of a creative mid and a forward...and Shelton is just blazing speed, but Burton is a pure striker.
    When Deon is on fire he is a top finisher, however King is the best all round frontman we got. he can play with is back to goal or he can play on the shoulder of the last defender,he looks after the ball when he recieve it can link the play and is just as good a finisher as Deon. There is room in the squad for them both.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
      When Deon is on fire he is a top finisher, however King is the best all round frontman we got. he can play with is back to goal or he can play on the shoulder of the last defender,he looks after the ball when he recieve it can link the play and is just as good a finisher as Deon. There is room in the squad for them both.
      Yes Dunny, me woulda love to have Burton, King, Fuller, and Shelton on the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
        Selecting him ?

The Coaches made him Captain !

LOL !

You never feel silly yapping about 'him did not have it' only to see the man leading the midfield under Lazaroni ???

I had a ball watching people choke on dem words !

Is a good ting Tappa couldn mek it this round... mi would dead wid laughtah

WOOIIEEE!

It was a part of the reason why we did not go through. Tappa had no place on that team, much more to be selected captain. I am comfortable feeling silly on that position if you think it is.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Part of the reason we did not go through is because Tappa was in midfield ??

This getting from bad to worse.

You gone from silly to plain stupid.

Comment

Part of the reason. The reason we did not go through was quite simple. Ricardo Fuller, Marlon King, Damani Ralph and Jermaine Johnson missing simple goal scoring opportunities. Midfield providing opportunities certainly was not the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
              Part of the reason. The reason we did not go through was quite simple. Ricardo Fuller, Marlon King, Damani Ralph and Jermaine Johnson missing simple goal scoring opportunities. Midfield providing opportunities certainly was not the problem.

I am going to waste a post and say well said mi boss...that mi a say from long time...

Comment

mek dem gwaan.. is mussi a different midfield was playing in the away games..

I count bout 19 shots alone against Panama at home wid 10 man..

El Salvador goalie was man of di match.. mi memba di save him pull off gainst Tappa shot going straight fi di pigeon.

Is Tappa allow the USA and Panama to score in the last 2 minutes..

Mek dem revisionist gwaan wid dem wickedness.. is muss hatred inna dem heart..

Comment

There goes our chance for AFRICA

The dream is over now so just use only local based squad to get the experience for 2014.

Jamaica a get 1-0 a bmo field.

Comment

Eediat dem have him inna DIGICEL ad and him not pon di team

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
                      Simoes gambling big time with this one. I doubt very highly that Luton Shelton and Ricardo Fuller can carry the nation on their backs to the world cup. Deon Burton is not going to give you more than 3 or 4 goals for the entire campaign if that much.

Wlak Good Marlon...you have given us alot to celebrate over the years...including that terrific first half hatrick vs haiti a couple years ago.
                      Aaaah Reggae Fan!
                      The question is: Why was Marlon given his walking papers?

If the last game is anything to go by...he was not playing TEAM in a manner Simoes wanted. If that is the case...then bye Marlon...until you wrap your head around TEAM! If you can't then...it was good while it lasted! Good luck!

I just have no time or place or the anti-TEAM crap! ...and that's fact!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Hey Karl, despite who wrong or who right...the bottomline is that we just lost one of our better players at a critical time. I saw King give 100% vs Costa Rica only a couple months ago, and havent seen him play since that time...So Its somewhat hard for me to digest and accept that the player who was captain recently, and who in my mind always seem to give 100%, gets the boot for being "anti team" Simoes might be 100% correct in his action....the RBZ fan in me looks at the bottom line....we are going to play our first game without one of our better players. In my opinion, King was our most important player, based on his scoring record for us
                        President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
                          Hey Karl, despite who wrong or who right...the bottomline is that we just lost one of our better players at a critical time. I saw King give 100% vs Costa Rica only a couple months ago, and havent seen him play since that time...So Its somewhat hard for me to digest and accept that the player who was captain recently, and who in my mind always seem to give 100%, gets the boot for being "anti team" Simoes might be 100% correct in his action....the RBZ fan in me looks at the bottom line....we are going to play our first game without one of our better players. In my opinion, King was our most important player, based on his scoring record for us
                          Why questioning in my mind is not unrelated to the happenings at the Olympics with our Track & Field TEAM...I am merely saying...IF!...King was being a disruptive force then he should go. In our last match, I was a bit perturbed at what I thought MIGHT have been displays of disgust with his TEAMmates.

I'll concede that sometimes, TEAMmates need to see 'disgust' at there levels of input...but...?????

So...I really do not know what it is that caused Rene Simoes to ask King to sit this one out. For all I know King could very well be just...not available.

...now, if it is that Rene Simoes saw King as anti-TEAM and thus a distraction...then King would have to 'wrap his head around' getting back on board. After all is said and done, it is always TEAM first!

Ofcourse you are correct on King being just about our top player.

...next in line to Bibi!
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                          X