Breaking News!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sickko View Post

But Lazy are you of the opinion that this group of players were more prepared than the 1997 bunch?
    Better prepared? Interesting question. The core of 97 players were together day after day, went on numerous tours, lost a few, won many. With this bunch, Simoes didn't have that luxury. The "BEST" players are ALL player overseas, so getting them together to work on the "chemistry" was out of the question.

Now, that shouldn't be an excuse as no other team does that. I'm just of the view that this bunch of players are simply not good enough. We don't have a central defender anywhere close to the General Tatty Brown. Pepe pass him best days, yet he is better than the rest.

I don't see where we have a midfield general like Tappa. Based on his years of experience I was expecting Andy Williams to take over that role, but ....

Up front .... so far after 3 games we've only scored one goal ... a lucky goal. Sorry the players not good enough.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

He could have chosen better straw for that basket

Comment

and for trying to get lightning to strike twice in the same place. only usain can do that!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I do agree with Twan but Simoes must have seen that too..six months to put together a team to compete in the semi-final stages of the qualifying was just not enough time when you think about the fact he has been away so long and most of the players he knew here had grown long in the tooth or stopped playing plus things had shifted around so many time sin CONCACAF he would not be able to recognise anyone
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

I don't agree that our failures this time around is because of players' abilities. Just having more local grown players playing day in day out in a overseas professional set up gives them the advantage over our local based players. The problem as I see it is not having a playing system in place to filter in these players. The Brazils, the Italys, the Germanys of the world all have the same problems of not having their international players for any extended time before a match, yet they continue to do well. This because they each have a recognisable style of play that every player knows. Every foreign media in Concacaf describe Jamaica's football as being physical. You never hear them saying they pass the ball around well or they use their flank players well. We don't need to reinvent the wheel every time. We just need to learn how to build one.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
              I do agree with Twan but Simoes must have seen that too..six months to put together a team to compete in the semi-final stages of the qualifying was just not enough time when you think about the fact he has been away so long and most of the players he knew here had grown long in the tooth or stopped playing plus things had shifted around so many time sin CONCACAF he would not be able to recognise anyone
              How does this eminently reasonable post above jive with the "good riddance to a bad coach" stuff you posted earlier??
              Was this so called bad coach the one who took a previously hopeless Jamaica to the World Cup in 3 short years??

Was Simoes a bad coach then... maybe just lucky.. correct?

Is it that he is a bad coach now or is it that he had too little time to build a competitive team?

Make up your mind and at least be consistent.

Your arguments are disjointed to the point of farce.
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Siccko's Argument if I may say

isn't disjointed..What I believe he was and is saying was that Bora should have been left in charge.
                Simoes for all intentional purposes mess up Trinidad and after he was let go we saw the result..I personal luv Simoes for what he did in '98. I even flew to Jamaica to watch the last game with Mexico. However, I lost all faith in him after we went to France and saw how scared he made us play until the last game against Japan. I recall an ex- ref and umpire Bucknor if I remember correctly said that we should adopt our own identity...I strongly agree with him. Watching the Mexico game this term reminded me so much of a coach who doesn't change style during the course of a game...To me Mexico wasn't the same as the past but we allow them to play their game gave them too much respect. Played willie nillie ball and no purpose in attack. What we need to do is attack from the flanks with some speedy wingers...Karl and every person watching present day football have been calling for these type of players....Spain , Germany England every current team plays this way yet we still in our dark ages way of playing.
                How can a Country with some of the fastest people in the world can't find and use speed in soccer to their advantage....
                Simoes limited use of Hue until the Honduras must win game seem to predicate a long standing trend, Carl Brown did the same thing until it was too late...I don't understand why they couldn't use Hue as a Requelme type player and get a Maschi type midfielder to cover for their perceive Hue's defensive liability....Now I am left hoping other teams allow us a slim chance of still making to the HEX....
                "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Our goal right now is to win the Gold Cup, whether we qualify for the Hex or not.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
                    isn't disjointed..What I believe he was and is saying was that Bora should have been left in charge.
                    Simoes for all intentional purposes mess up Trinidad and after he was let go we saw the result..I personal luv Simoes for what he did in '98. I even flew to Jamaica to watch the last game with Mexico. However, I lost all faith in him after we went to France and saw how scared he made us play until the last game against Japan. I recall an ex- ref and umpire Bucknor if I remember correctly said that we should adopt our own identity...I strongly agree with him. Watching the Mexico game this term reminded me so much of a coach who doesn't change style during the course of a game...To me Mexico wasn't the same as the past but we allow them to play their game gave them too much respect. Played willie nillie ball and no purpose in attack. What we need to do is attack from the flanks with some speedy wingers...Karl and every person watching present day football have been calling for these type of players....Spain , Germany England every current team plays this way yet we still in our dark ages way of playing.
                    How can a Country with some of the fastest people in the world can't find and use speed in soccer to their advantage....
                    Simoes limited use of Hue until the Honduras must win game seem to predicate a long standing trend, Carl Brown did the same thing until it was too late...I don't understand why they couldn't use Hue as a Requelme type player and get a Maschi type midfielder to cover for their perceive Hue's defensive liability....Now I am left hoping other teams allow us a slim chance of still making to the HEX....
                    Speed is good but structure and intelligence are better in this game. That will beat speed 9 times out of 10.
                    The guy just did not have adequate time to prepare a competitive team based on the shambles he was presented with by our administrators.

I'm not claiming Simoes is a great gameday coach and he has to take the blame for the losses. However that is a cop out.

The blame is really at the feet of the pettiness that dominates the administration of the country's football... not the coach selecting or not selecting this or that player.
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
                      Speed is good but structure and intelligence are better in this game. That will beat speed 9 times out of 10.
                      The guy just did not have adequate time to prepare a competitive team based on the shambles he was presented with by our administrators.

I'm not claiming Simoes is a great gameday coach and he has to take the blame for the losses. However that is a cop out.

The blame is really at the feet of the pettiness that dominates the administration of the country's football... not the coach selecting or not selecting this or that player.
                      Brilliant!! Good talk ite and until we fix this crab inna barrel mentally we will continue to pass the buck. Anybody that feels that firing Simoes means that we will immediately change for the better is not looking at the big picture.

Comment

Working...
                      X