Now I can say I have seen it all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Westman View Post
    Actually, I think was Park, yes he was fouled. But he was so far from the ball which was going over the end line and he could not possibly catch it. Me nuh want nothing cheap gainst the KOP.
    If it was outside the box it would have been called so if its in the box it should be called. Penalty.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Westman you are contradicting yourself. If you say that the Park was fouled, in the box, then it matters not if he could have caught the ball. A foul inside the penalty box equals a penalty.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Like me seh, if a nuh julie mango, me nuh want nothing that no clearly 100% obviously striaght up.
        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

A slight foul but the ball couldnt have been caught. Give an indirect or something but it was no penalty. Man U has contested these when given against them.

Comment

The experts can correct me here, but the only indirect kick within the 18 yard box I know of, is when a backpass is made to the keeper and he picks up the ball. Anything else is a penalty.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              The experts can correct me here, but the only indirect kick within the 18 yard box I know of, is when a backpass is made to the keeper and he picks up the ball. Anything else is a penalty.
              No, you can have an indirect inside the penalty box, obstruction, throw in to your own keeper, I think even dangerous play among others can all be given.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Before you agree with them, wait until you see it for yourself.

My take? The goalie fell into the path of the attacker, not purposely, but it happened. The attacker did not drag himself into the goalie (didn't have to). The collision could not have been avoided, unless, and this is a big unless, UNLESS the goalie had successfully reached the ball, and played it (handled it) before the attacker did.

That was not the case.

Result? PENALTY!

Red card? NO!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Warlord View Post
                  Friedel did make some contact with Torres but it wasnt malicious...
                  Argument done!

Penalties are not awarded only where there was malicious contact. Sometimes you can be "punished" just for being clumsy.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tell, me Karl. How did the attacker fall head over heels?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      Result? PENALTY! Red card? NO!
                      Agreed.
                      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Craven, craven kill puppy dawg!

Comment

what are you saying..

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                            Right, but he misses the next fixture which is crucially against the Evil ones. That is where the relevance comes into play.

Kingman, we cannot pick n choose which games could potentially be damaging. In the heat of the moment, the GK's job is to keep the ball out of the net. Friedel made contact wit Torres. Once contact is made wit the opposing player in a one on one situation like that it is an automatic red card. Im sure the referee wasnt thinking..oh wait Villa travels to Old Trafford next week so I cannot send Friedel packing. The right decision was made.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                              Before you agree with them, wait until you see it for yourself.

My take? The goalie fell into the path of the attacker, not purposely, but it happened. The attacker did not drag himself into the goalie (didn't have to). The collision could not have been avoided, unless, and this is a big unless, UNLESS the goalie had successfully reached the ball, and played it (handled it) before the attacker did.

That was not the case.

Result? PENALTY!

Red card? NO!

The card while harsh is very clearcut. I do agree though that had Friedel gotten the ball first then he wouldnt have been sent off. The opposing player in a situation like that more than often gets the call once contact is made.

Comment

Once contact is made wit the opposing player in a one on one situation like that it is an automatic red card.

Not true
                                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                                X