Now I can say I have seen it all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Once contact is made wit the opposing player in a one on one situation like that it is an automatic red card.

Not true
    I suggest you visit the rulebook.

Comment

I bet you 90% of Refs would not give a red card for that.

Are you saying if contact is made it is an automatic red card?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        I bet you 90% of Refs would not give a red card for that.

Are you saying if contact is made it is an automatic red card?

You need to learn how to read man. I said in a situation *like that* more often that not it will be considered red card offence for the GK. Once contact is made whether minimal or not the referee can make that call. The English FA rule book indicates that it is an automatic red in a situation like that. I think its stupid especially if the contact is minimal but what do i know. I dont make the rules they do. Its up the referee to use his discretion.

Comment

Well judging by his performance against Liverpool he aint much of an asset

Comment

With almost every post you make, you lose (people get the spelling right...not loose) your credibility.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              Brad should not have gotten that red card. That ref, perhaps...has never played anything other than jax!

The Liverpool player ran into Brad. No penalty! No sending off! The damn rules do say the action that must be punished must be done deliberately by the offender!
              No penalty? Are you mad?

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Tell, me Karl. How did the attacker fall head over heels?
                He ran over Brad! Yuh neva si dat?

...or you are going to tell me Brad moved into him...or ran into him...or puched him down...or stuck out a leg and tripped him...
                or whatever...???

Friedel did nothing other than long before Torres arrived 'lined up the ball and took up the correct goalkeeper's positioning'....when the ball and then Torres arrived he turned away so as to protect his face and upper body!

Torres ran into the man!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  The experts can correct me here, but the only indirect kick within the 18 yard box I know of, is when a backpass is made to the keeper and he picks up the ball. Anything else is a penalty.
                  You're wrong!

There are many occasions when an indirect free-kick can be awarded to the attacking team in the penalty-area.

...and to the defending team in the penalty-area.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

yes! next question

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Who won/played the ball, Karl?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

woiee!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"Trying to avoid"...what does that suggest? Did Torres run into Brad? Who won the stupid ball?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The player who wins the ball is the one who should be safe. It happens all the while in football, where people end up blocking (aka FOULING) the other player, because he is beaten to the ball.

It doesn't matter how hard the player tries to avoid contact...FOUL!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Karl, it may help if we use a non-football example. Let's say that two cars are approaching an intersection perpendicular to each other. One has a red light and the other a green light. The car with the red light tries to stop before the "point of no return" but enters the intersection, causing the car with the green light to hit him at 90 degrees. Who is at fault?

Using this example, Torres had the "green light" because he was in control of the ball. If it were the other way around, then it would have been Torres fouling Friedel.

Not very hard to understand my brother.
                              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                                Friedel did nothing other than long before Torres arrived 'lined up the ball and took up the correct goalkeeper's positioning'....when the ball and then Torres arrived he turned away so as to protect his face and upper body!

Torres ran into the man!
                                If he did all that "long before Torres arrived", why didn't Braddy just play the stupid ball?!?!?! HE DID NOT!!!

How dumb is this yank?!!? (Friedel, Karl, not you.) Yuh gwine line up yuhself fram early, and then try and correct that alignment, without playing the ball?!?!?!!?

Is like Brad head a tek him!

We know yours done gone lang time, Karl!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X