No announcement yet.

Was asked to post this on the Jam vs Spurs Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In our last 5 games, how many goals have we scored?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
      Clearly! It will be interesting to hear Stoni's views on a player who could not deal with a likkle snow.
      Playin' inna snow can be vital....

Juss nat dis close to di Equator... but Stoni might ave some stats fi prove oddawise
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
        Thanks OJ, I hear you, I don't think any one man can solve our passing issue, but we need to have a strong eye out for developing good ball handlers who are also good passers otherwise we are wasting our time.

Our players for the most part are good ball handlers excellent in the one on one, but efficient, intelligent, passing going forward or in tight time sensitive situations is almost non existent. That is what is needed in every single position not just the attacking mid as many believe.
        Amen!!!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

They are not the same!!!
          ...and in any case it reminds of the Lampard/Gerrard past debate... As it relates to gifted players being on the same TEAM...matters not if they are seen as similar in acts...it was a nonsense debate them and it is now! It only makes sense if both (not just one) players are fools i.e. being unable to think through opponents posed problems and solve same/adapt actions to counter same. ...and it is just impossible to be a top quality player and poor on field thinker/'workplace thinker'.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Why last 5?
            ...in all our games outside of those against CFU TEAM...right?

Comment

Just picked 5. How about our last 10? CFU or not, is Jamaica same way!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Just picked 5. How about our last 10? CFU or not, is Jamaica same way!
                Re: CFU or not

Nope! It is not the same.
                ...a properly coached All-Schools TEAM could defeat some of those CFU teams. Our record at that basement level is great. Cannot be compared in any way on like for like with playing at higher levels.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                  Not sure who was playing in 22 but game away the ball too much. Teddy change the game but I dont know about him. He helped but at times put his head down and go on this mazy run to know where when you have players waiting for the ball. But he changed the game. The youh form germany stood out for me.. Man of the match for me. Also the 14 it may have been Evan Taylor played well. .
                  Just saw some pictures. 22 was Damian Williams and 14 was Taylor.
                  Last edited by Me; May 24, 2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Glad to see Evan Taylor playing good. His Journey to HV really did him well. Saw him in the A league up here and he was far from impressive then, that was two years ago.

Good to see him sought himself out. Well done young man.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That's funny. I find that Damion Williams protects the ball quite well in the NPL while Taylor tends to give it away.

Anyway, one match!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So, how many goals did we score at that basement level? Did we score 20 goals that will skew the numbers over our last 10 matches?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Daniel is a good passer of the ball, but only an average at best dribbler. He usally takes what the other team gives him and then he passes. He is not an offensive/defensive player in the sense of Philip Lahm of Bayern Munich.

Comment

Daniel Did What He Was Asked To Do

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
                            OJ so you said Gordon was man of the match, he must have really played well for you to pick him as mom. What advantages does he bring in his game compared to what we currently have at that position.
                            Daniel is trying to plug a gaping hole in the defense caused by the injury to Nyron Nosworthy. It appears he did a very good job. He broke up attacks, prevented the turn-and shoot, and made good passes to the midfield. What more do you want? I don't know if he had any chances as a target for set pieces.

I have always said that if Nosworthy or Mariappa cannot play, Daniel is the best available replacement. I stand by that statement.

Comment

So, how many goals did we score at that basement level? Did we score 20 goals that will skew the numbers over our last 10 matches?!
                              Well?
                              ...it must be that I have jumped the gun and you 'bald' statement was not a lead into statement on our goal scoring record being improved with a certain player in the squad?

...because I am sure our matches against CFU opposition - not just our last 10 matches but say, since 1962 - show us being 'more prolific' (woo mi belli) against CFU opponents (2nd formers) than against higher quality opponents.
                              Last edited by Karl; May 24, 2013, 11:37 AM.

Comment

hehehe...Bruce yuh start get get bringle a'ready??? Wait till Stoni start "analyse' him stats. At least Gordon have one thing going for him in that him know how fe play inna snow.
                                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                                X