No announcement yet.

Academies? Let us educate ourselves on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yuh really respond tuh dat Jokah theatrics ?

No-one on this forum has said they should stop playing football in High School..

Dem deh line of argument specious at best.. desperation perhaps..

Comment

not only check yuh recollections but do a search .......

and after you do a search read and comprehend. i am not saying anything new whatsoever.

schools are not for developing top o the world worldclass youth players ..... academies are. simple.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
        not only check yuh recollections but do a search .......

and after you do a search read and comprehend. i am not saying anything new whatsoever.

schools are not for developing top o the world worldclass youth players ..... academies are. simple.
        Bwoy?
        Let me help you. ...as I think you may wish to qualify your statement (I could be wrong).

Would you say a player stepping out of his school straight into his country's national team (even U-17 or U-20) and that country being top world football country --- that that youngster has been developed to top of the world quality?

...and if you say, "yes"! ...how would you fit such with your above statement?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

exceptions rather than the rule karl ... alvas powell and ricardo gardener are examples ... i have said this before as well (your memory has convenient failed you there AGAIN).

If we are happy with this every 15 years that is where we are now and if it was acceptable, we would not be having this conversation.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Mi know di culprit wudda show. Di criminal always returns...

Yuh get assistance fi yuh school daze psych trauma yet???
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

ah wheh di !?

I went to Campion.. not JC..

Good School...

Comment

Yuh neva bawl wen unnu ah pick up 12-love an dem ting deh back inna di day?? Well persons cyan get used to anyting...but fi pikney it hard

You're a tuff cookie Ben ....kiddoes!!

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I have never picked up 12-love in any ting.. that must have been before my time..

If Harvard play UM dem pick up nuff love tuh.. yuh tink dat affect Harvard enrollment ?

Some man guh school fi play football.. odda man guh school fi own football team..

Comment

LOL

Wi nuh guh skool fi play ball ar own team...ah fryas sitten dat...

wi guh skool fi run di place...

Fervet tuh di Whirl!!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      Don1: Trus mi, I can understand 'lost of memory'...and make allowances accordingly!
                      A nuh nutten!!!
                      Is nat nuh loss of memory.... quite the opposite

Is di trauma actually induced by di memory of constant buss arse pon playfield ... Horse's Ass stylee... woooiiiee mi cleats!!

Comment

The numbers?

Things that immediately come to mind (immediately on the numbers that just jumps out at you):
                        i) How many professional footballers are plying their trade in each country?

ii) How many academies in each country?

iii) How many players attended (passed through the doors) of those academies during period longest active academy graduate through to present (most recent graduate)?

iv) How many professional graduates plying their trade in each country who never attended an academy?

E.g. Any from 3rd tier football counties=countries without an academy or who has players in those leagues who never attended an academy, e.g. any Jamaicans)?

Aside: In top quality of players - say top 50 in each country are there any who never attended an academy? How many?

Then there is for players who attended an academy - Breakdown on age to which introduced to the academy?

Where previous to entry to the academy did they learn and play football?
                        ...in any competitive leagues?
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Why look at Academies? - To assist on thinking on how best

to utilize that which we have and can access to produce/create maximum returns (=produce TOP OF THE WORLD footballers, teams and naturally, a TOP OF THE WORLD FOOTBALL INDUSTRY!).
                          Last edited by Karl; October 8, 2013, 02:20 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Run the place into the ground.. based on results...

Comment

Working...
                            X