No announcement yet.

Will Winni stay or go...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boom shot HL, yuh lick that nail squarely on the head.
    I called that he would stay long time ago based on his maverick like track record, is not no ordinary whiteman guh to Cameroon, Thailand, Arabian peninsula and walk away from oil money to do more challenging assignments. Matter of a fact with a guy like this the whiteman label is not even meaningful, here goes a man that will tread the path less travelled with his personality and knowledge leading the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
      Yes, I'm assuming you can't get those guys. I could be wrong, but I just don't see the Jamaica job being able to lure them away at this point in their careers.

Say what you like about Sampson, but he knows CONCACAF and has had success in the Hex. He also has far more coaching credentials, experience and achievements than recent Jamaica choices like Barnes and Tappa, for what that's worth.

Also, when Sampson coached the Galaxy he won the league and cup, so I'm not sure how that qualifies as a "disaster".
      Meet me halfway then Zeppo when it comes to Steve Sampson and his tenure at the galaxy. He didn't even make it 2 years with the galaxy. When he was fired the galaxy were in last place. Even the year he won his team was the lowest seeded play-off team. As we know with the MLS playoffs it's a crap shoot once you get in so anyone can win. (except the Red Bulls) But yeah I'll give him his due for the MLS Cup win and the US Open Cup win. He won both in 05. So let's not call it a disaster. That would be the US' 98 World Cup performance led by our man Steve. We'll call it a mixed bag then. Maybe if the LA did not go with the gimmick of hiring Alexi Lalas as their gm (I believe it was gm?) he may had more of an opportunity to right that ship. But isn't it interesting that no other team has hired Sampson since? On top of it the story at the time was that he completely lost the locker room which made it easy for Lalas to exact his revenge from the 98 world cup. On a side note the quote about the friends and scrapbook is an all time classic in American soccer. Makes me laugh every time I think of it. Either way your point is well taken Zeps. Disaster was not a fair description. It could just be my stimulus response to think disaster whenever I hear the name Sampson.
      No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

Working...
      X