RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyde in football, how good is he exactly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyde in football, how good is he exactly?

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...Hyde-_11944843

http://www.youthlinkjamaica.com/who-...anning-cup-mvp

http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/2013...s/sports7.html

Scores three goals in one international u17 match and is mentioned as possible MVP of manning cup, how does this not count as dominant. See teen goals in all competitions for Wolmers in 2013.

Was he the MVP of the Manning Cup?

All this proves is that it is a pity he wasn't born in France.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Stonigut View Post
      http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...Hyde-_11944843

http://www.youthlinkjamaica.com/who-...anning-cup-mvp

http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/2013...s/sports7.html

Scores three goals in one international u17 match and is mentioned as possible MVP of manning cup, how does this not count as dominant. See teen goals in all competitions for Wolmers in 2013.
      How yuh get suh bummy Stoni??

Hyde got 3 goals against the Bermuda Fryas.... Seaton only had 1. Nex ting yuh agguh seh is dat im ahead of Seaton

He had a great Manning Cup with a bunch of goals. Unfortunately most teams in that competition are absolutely laughable... some picking up 10-love etc from "top teams" which are actually at a mediocre level

If this record means he's on a track to be Jamaica's Great Hope.... dawg nyam wi suppa

You've evolved past many by focusing on JA players as the key solution to the football problem... but the next logical step is promoting a structured development plan. Instead you're off track looking for a heavenly Football Messiah from a star in the track community
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

First: Even with understanding of a father's emotional

connection, Lenny should be a good judge of technical skills...but additionally so many support the view that his technical ability is outstanding.

...then: The little I have seen has me in that group believing he has the technical goods to be, presently able to march in a top professional team. He obviously lacks the necessary experience that would allow for transition to top professional a cake walk. ....but many of our young players who exhibit good technical ability lack two of the most important ingredients that allow development of top players - unending curiosity=avid appetite for learning and the maturity that has associated gift of being able to not be overawed which allows for 'brain to operate at maximum levels'. Young Hyde if we are to use his performances on the track as guide has not a problem in those areas. Few have his technical skills and fewer still have that craving for learning along with calmness under pressure that allows maximum use of intelligence and thus maximum use of physical talents.

...at football this young man seems to have all the tools that could have him developing into a super player! I would definitely love to see if we could have our first TOP OF THE WORLD player. That may be wrapped in selfish desires but it is also based in impressions of the young man's 'smarts'. Physical talent is one thing...but that ability to harness all the physical talents one possesses to maximum potential separates good at from genius at=TOP OF THE WORLD.
        Last edited by Karl; August 26, 2014, 08:47 AM.
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Aaaah Stoni, the wirtier of that article has already made Hyde a 'super-hero'. even if the diagonal of the field is used that
          Wolmer's Boys' prodigy, Hyde, starting at left midfield, opened the scoring with a brilliant 350-metre effort after the goalkeeper's clearance fell to him.
          is out of this world.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Relax man, read more, my focus is on identifying the right talent locally, as I said earlier if Sterling and Aaron's had stayed in Ja chances are they probably might not even make it out of high school ball as the support systems for young players is very slim pickings and somehow all te guys we are producing have some skill but all the ones that get Nuff boots up turn out to be slow or average pace. Both those guys would probably be unemployed with nothing doing right now, just like them brethren dem that are still in the community.

Talent I'd and talent development Don1 we must start that now, the youths are out there, right now. Hyde is just symbolic for me in that he is exactly what I see as the rough prototype player, fast, skilled, disciplined, ambitious and intelligent. Of course in a way he is jamaican football royalty so not quite the rank and fake man but certainly an example of what we need to be shooting for. In two simple words at the very least is.......fast and skilled

We can build that army of players in that mold if we so desire and it don't cost no whole heapa money to make it happen.

Comment

Yup I saw that, he is a Greek god of mythic legends and deeds!!!!

Comment

ok Stoni... but juss mek sure yuh stay pon di development track. Mi affi respek how yuh mek di U turn fi reach yahsuh

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Wha you say...moving from snow balla to champs balla is good progress?
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                    Wha you say...moving from snow balla to champs balla is good progress?
                    lol

Comment

Let me be clear on this issue, despite what I may have said, or what Forumites thought I said, Hyde would be the ideal candidate for placement at a top European academy/club. How far he can take his football career will be up to him. So, there is some risk in this. If everything goes according to plan, he could become a world class striker or any other position that could utilise his abilities.

If he chooses T&F, only injury will prevent him from achieving great things in the 2 hurdling events. Risk? Almost zero!

Several years ago, a star athlete from Munro found himself in a similar position. He had played and done well at the Norway youth tournament, played daCosta Cup at 14 years old when he was already around 6"-2", was called for the national U17 team and won the 100m at Champs. Incidentally, it was said he was better at the 200m and 400m.

A Serbian scout happened to see him score the equaliser in a game against arch rivals STETHS. Talks began instantly about bringing him to Europe. His father, a T&F and football coach, knew his son preferred football. The father's preference seems to have been track but he would allow his son to choose.

Well, several years later, his son is on a track scholarship in the USA. He never really achieved all he promised as a track athlete. We are not sure what would have happened had he gone the other route. Being an academically smart kid may have also influenced the college route as well.

The only difference between this MC athlete and Hyde is Hyde is a proven world beater in track. But this is what keeps worldwide football interest in our youngsters. On more than occasion I have been told all they're looking for are the speedsters. We'll teach him football, they say. Hyde is already 70% there! I think the Munro youth lost his chance at a strong football career. Hyde might be doing the same thing, but his track career is 100% on track!
                      Last edited by Mosiah; August 26, 2014, 11:41 AM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

always a thin line. Look at Keith Kelly, going to PSG we though he would be a pro player somewhere in Europe for a good few years. You have to weigh the talent with all the other intangibles and make a solid decision.

It may, it may not work out for you but in Hyde's case it did and there should be no turning back.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sure is! I much prefer this "spot talent", "development" Stoni than the snow balla one.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

As always, I keep coming back to one fundamental, speed with skill is a monster unstoppable mix.

Kelly wasn't fast enough, Daley wasn't fast enough, maestro not fast enough, skill with marginal speed mean you have to be work super hard all the time, too hard to be consistently productive at the upper levels of the game.

Comment

On more than occasion I have been told all they're looking for are the speedsters. We'll teach him football, they say.

As Mosiah said above and even more speed is a separator and speed and skill combined is rare.

Comment

Working...
                              X