RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hyde in football, how good is he exactly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow balla still have a place to play in development of ballers into a finished product, but we have to load up the production line of talent from the yard side, I think I see that we can do a much better job we are barely scratching the surface, too much potential is going to waste, very much like mango season in the hills aboveMavis Bank, ripe mango rotting on the ground so much is like a carpet on the walking trail.

Comment

A friend of mine had this to say about Hyde:

Hyde is actually your typical manning cup stand out - kick it pass you and runs it down, leaves you in the dust, old time english footballer. You see, Hyde is smart and he knows his advantages... Speed and Strength and he sticks to that.

He says this about the other big Manning Cup balla, junior Flemming:

Flemming has improved... Flemming is your out and out footballer, skill, 90% tactically sound, a touch of pace and such.....BUT NOT THAT SMART loves to showboat, if i was a coach i would take Hyde over Flemming.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hyde is going to stick with track and field. He said that his decision to leave the Reggae Boyz youth side did not go well at home but he stuck to his decision and went to T & F training. That decision shows where his heart really is He wants to win a Manning Cup and that is probably why he is still playing football. I expect him to give up football when he lifts the Manning Cup or whenever he leaves 6th form, whichever come first.
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

What happen to Shelton. It is good to have speed but, will it translate into the ball game??? That is a big if. Scout maybe impressed with speed but they will look for development over time. You ever heard the term "fast and foolish"?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Maybe you can teach him the smarts? No?

It is always a interesting to see who make it and who don't
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Benbow too is VERY good!

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                Let me be clear on this issue, despite what I may have said, or what Forumites thought I said, Hyde would be the ideal candidate for placement at a top European academy/club. How far he can take his football career will be up to him. So, there is some risk in this. If everything goes according to plan, he could become a world class striker or any other position that could utilise his abilities.

If he chooses T&F, only injury will prevent him from achieving great things in the 2 hurdling events. Risk? Almost zero!

Several years ago, a star athlete from Munro found himself in a similar position. He had played and done well at the Norway youth tournament, played daCosta Cup at 14 years old when he was already around 6"-2", was called for the national U17 team and won the 100m at Champs. Incidentally, it was said he was better at the 200m and 400m.

A Serbian scout happened to see him score the equaliser in a game against arch rivals STETHS. Talks began instantly about bringing him to Europe. His father, a T&F and football coach, knew his son preferred football. The father's preference seems to have been track but he would allow his son to choose.

Well, several years later, his son is on a track scholarship in the USA. He never really achieved all he promised as a track athlete. We are not sure what would have happened had he gone the other route. Being an academically smart kid may have also influenced the college route as well.

The only difference between this MC athlete and Hyde is Hyde is a proven world beater in track. But this is what keeps worldwide football interest in our youngsters. On more than occasion I have been told all they're looking for are the speedsters. We'll teach him football, they say. Hyde is already 70% there! I think the Munro youth lost his chance at a strong football career. Hyde might be doing the same thing, but his track career is 100% on track!
                OK!
                ...so the MC althlete ran 48.00 or thereabouts as 400M...better than HerbMac at that age. Even if we take into account the superior coaching/school development path that was a MC during the MC athlete's days when compared to HerbMac that 48.00 is damn good as pointer to potential. Yet...so far this MC youngster has done nothing to put self on World top list.

Within context of the MC athlete's potential - What can we take from that MC youngster's current standing as athlete?

---

Now it is strange to hear you who have told us many times about your flirtation with the hurdles suggesting that
                Hyde's...his track career is *100% on track!
                *"On track" suggesting in context of our (this thread's) discussion that the track leads to international senior world beater, fame and fortune.

Why?
                You should know or have good idea on difficulty of 'short man' transitioning to hurdling a 3" - 4" higher hurdle as a mountain to climb.

*Comparable Shortman?: - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bershawn_Jackson
                and Collin Jackson? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Jackson

Most successful - 400MH - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/400_met...ssful_athletes

110MH - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/110_met...op_25_athletes

Hyde's height - ?

Interesting article on Hyde by Hubert Lawrence done Dec. 2013 - http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...s/sports5.html

Profile - Track: http://www.all-athletics.com/node/638742

Football: http://us.soccerway.com/players/jahe...o-hyde/250649/

* JFF's profile? http://www.jamaicafootballfederation...+Hyde&x=12&y=7

*Would suggest that at 15 years old he was a member of the Jamaica National U-17 team.

Say it again - It is a hell of a step up those 'likle 3 - 4 inches!!!
                The past is littered with 'great prodigies' who never made it!!! Risk? There is always great risks on any which way he goes!!!! Potential is one thing! Realizing same is a whole different (ball ) game!

Additional video: Interview early 2013 - Listen for his words on sports and academics - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXJGnbJr0Sk
                Last edited by Karl; August 27, 2014, 08:52 PM.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  OK!
                  ...so the MC althlete ran 48.00 or thereabouts as 400M...better than HerbMac at that age. Even if we take into account the superior coaching/school development path that was a MC during the MC athlete's days when compared to HerbMac that 48.00 is damn good as pointer to potential. Yet...so far this MC youngster has done nothing to put self on World top list.

Within context of the MC athlete's potential - What can we take from that MC youngster's current standing as athlete?

---

Now it is strange to hear you who have told us many times about your flirtation with the hurdles suggesting that

*"On track" suggesting in context of our (this thread's) discussion that the track leads to international senior world beater, fame and fortune.

Why?
                  You should know or have good idea on difficulty of 'short man' transitioning to hurdling a 3" - 4" higher hurdle as a mountain to climb.

*Comparable Shortman?: - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bershawn_Jackson
                  and Collin Jackson? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Jackson

Most successful - 400MH - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/400_met...ssful_athletes

110MH - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/110_met...op_25_athletes

Hyde's height - ?

Interesting article on Hyde by Hubert Lawrence done Dec. 2013 - http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...s/sports5.html

Profile - Track: http://www.all-athletics.com/node/638742

Football: http://us.soccerway.com/players/jahe...o-hyde/250649/

* JFF's profile? http://www.jamaicafootballfederation...+Hyde&x=12&y=7

*Would suggest that at 15 years old he was a member of the Jamaica National U-17 team.

Say it again - It is a hell of a step up those 'likle 3 - 4 inches!!!
                  The past is littered with 'great prodigies' who never made it!!! Risk? There is always great risks on any which way he goes!!!! Potential is one thing! Realizing same is a whole different (ball ) game!
                  Successfull sprint hurdling is all about stride length and hurdle height, maybe in that order. One might think it should be the other way around, but a lot of hurdlers, of whatever height, can clear the 42" height of the senior men's hurdles, but if the stride length between the hurdles is off, you will never be able to establish a rhythm that will take you past the first hurdle.

That's why I doubt Usain could beat any half decent hurdler because I suspect his stride length is too long.

So, once you have a decent height (6' tall is quite adequate) to clear the hurdles comfortably and you have a stride length that works perfectly with the distance between hurdles, yuh gone clear. The difference between the heights is as much as 6" (36" at the youth level and 42" at the senior) but I believe Hyde will do fine as he moves up.

For the 400m, what Hyde has over his rivals is he is "ambidextrous", meaning he can lead with either his left or right foot. You might think this is not such a big deal but trust me it is. Hurdlers would rather shuffle and lose serious time and lead with their preferred leg rather than try leading with the other one, which could result in a serious fall. So, Hyde is able to take 14 strides between the first 3 hurdles, which means he would be switching his lead leg from left to right alternately, and for the remaining 6 hurdles he maintains a 15 stride pattern, leading with his preferred left. You may remember the big hoopla about Edwin Moses' 13 stride patterns. Only Kevin Young, the world record holder, could match that. I think Hyde will have to "improve" on his stride length if he wants to be up there challenging for world record times. But that should be doable. More important is his ability to switch lead legs at will.

That is Hurdles 101. There will be a quiz next week!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I'm a genius! I wrote the above post before I saw this:

http://hurdlesfirstbeta.com/free-art...tride-pattern/

They also used the word "ambidextrous"!

I'm good!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tell us and show us more on that Nuh! So how fast is he? Don't tell me is another sorta skilled, slow/ average speed player, that cyan work outside Ja.
                      Last edited by Stonigut; August 29, 2014, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Yes there must be many gems lying around looking like ordinary stones. I agree with you that if our UK-based diaspora can produce so many top professional players then there is no doubt that the talent is there.
                        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yeah and I am not even talking about the diaspora of those born and bred in the Uk, Aaron's and Sterling were both bahn a yard and lived here for the first five years or so of their life, so my question was where would they be today if they stayed in jamaica and I say they might not even be playing competitive ball at all.

Comment

So, once you have a decent height (6' tall is quite adequate) to clear the hurdles comfortably and you have a stride length that works perfectly with the distance between hurdles, yuh gone clear. The difference between the heights is as much as 6" (36" at the youth level and 42" at the senior) but I believe Hyde will do fine as he moves up.
                            Oh ... mi seeit now

Suh wen yuh did ah mash up Champs back inna di 1960s wat was di hurgle height dem days ..... 30"???
                            Last edited by Don1; August 29, 2014, 09:33 AM.
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Successfull sprint hurdling is all about stride length and hurdle height, maybe in that order. One might think it should be the other way around, but a lot of hurdlers, of whatever height, can clear the 42" height of the senior men's hurdles, but if the stride length between the hurdles is off, you will never be able to establish a rhythm that will take you past the first hurdle.

*That's why I doubt Usain could beat any half decent hurdler because I suspect his stride length is too long.

For the 400m, what Hyde has over his rivals is he is "ambidextrous", meaning he can lead with either his left or right foot. You might think this is not such a big deal but trust me it is. Hurdlers would rather shuffle and lose serious time and lead with their preferred leg rather than try leading with the other one, which could result in a serious fall. So, Hyde is able to take 14 strides between the first 3 hurdles, which means he would be switching his lead leg from left to right alternately, and for the remaining 6 hurdles he maintains a 15 stride pattern, leading with his preferred left. You may remember the big hoopla about Edwin Moses' 13 stride patterns. Only Kevin Young, the world record holder, could match that. I think Hyde will have to "improve" on his stride length if he wants to be up there challenging for world record times. But that should be doable. More important is his ability to switch lead legs at will.

That is Hurdles 101. There will be a quiz next week!
                              So what about balance, sprinting speed, efficient clearance and leg speed as it relates to getting the leading leg down as swiftly as possible to be able to generate force as directly related to endurance and speed over distance, etc., etc?

Dissemination of incomplete facts as 'the whole' tend to mislead. Right?

Now your comment on Bolt is acceptable as it includes disclaimers:
                              - expressed uncertainty on Bolt's ability;

- and there is stated uncertainty in other areas that demand same.

The serious flaw with your post taken as whole is the number of areas where certainty of knowledge is expressed or implied. Stating or implying
                              - that switching of leading leg does not impact 'entire hurdling mechanics' and speed across the ground;

- and variation in height of the hurdles do not also impact 'entire hurdling mechanics' and speed across the ground.

Merely being able to get over the hurdles (not necessarily recognized as "hurdling" in technical sense) has never been acceptable to the professionals. There is always constant work at improving efficiency on start, clearance of the hurdles and other mechanics and physical ability all related to improving time taken to get from start to end of race.

I think any attempt to 'poo-poo' or not consider the mountain of obstacles Hyde shall have to overcome on his striving to become senior top tier hurdler/world beater and possible world record holder is inadvisable. ...but then that is just me.
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                                So what about balance, sprinting speed, efficient clearance and leg speed as it relates to getting the leading leg down as swiftly as possible to be able to generate force as directly related to endurance and speed over distance, etc., etc?

Dissemination of incomplete facts as 'the whole' tend to mislead. Right?

Now your comment on Bolt is acceptable as it includes disclaimers:
                                - expressed uncertainty on Bolt's ability;

- and there is stated uncertainty in other areas that demand same.

The serious flaw with your post taken as whole is the number of areas where certainty of knowledge is expressed or implied. Stating or implying
                                - that switching of leading leg does not impact 'entire hurdling mechanics' and speed across the ground;

- and variation in height of the hurdles do not also impact 'entire hurdling mechanics' and speed across the ground.

Merely being able to get over the hurdles (not necessarily recognized as "hurdling" in technical sense) has never been acceptable to the professionals. There is always constant work at improving efficiency on start, clearance of the hurdles and other mechanics and physical ability all related to improving time taken to get from start to end of race.

I think any attempt to 'poo-poo' or not consider the mountain of obstacles Hyde shall have to overcome on his striving to become senior top tier hurdler/world beater and possible world record holder is inadvisable. ...but then that is just me.
                                There was no way I would even attempt addressing all the variables you have mentioned, either because I would not have the time or I just don't have the knowledge. His coach will take care of those things and will be adequately compensated.

The first thing I'd like to confirm is that Hyde is at least 6' tall. If he is, then I would not worry about his ability to negotiate the senior hurdles with all the efficiencies needed - swift descent of lead leg, ability to generate force after each hurdle, etc.

You only have to look at one of his races to see that when he leads with his right leg it is practically the same as when he leads with his left. There is no balance issue, loss of momentum, etc.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X