Klopp: Finding Rodgers Monkey Wrench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klopp: Finding Rodgers Monkey Wrench

Liverpool’s loss to Watford only highlighted that Klopp is working on a sabotaged unbalanced project, one which he inherited. He didn’t spend a dime to assembly this LFC team , not a preseason of 6 to 8 games to know the intricacies of his team, neither did he send players on loan, players needed to balance the team he inherited. Balotelli – $16 million, Wisdom –$ 5mill EST, Alberto –$ 7, Markovic $ 15, that’s 43 million in total, looking at it another way

• Striker
    • Midfielder
    • Winger
    • Defender

Players we could use in every position at present .The fact that Klopp has won with such an unbalanced team is testament of his greatness. Liverpool finished at the top of its Europa league and has advanced to all stages of its knockout cups, a feat which saw Rodgers do the reverse this time last season. Given all what has just been stated, it’s alarming that some can state they see no difference at LFC, though I will admit some has slipped the word vigor in admitting they have noticed a difference. The slip seems like an error in some quarters when they rail, it’s not logical to give Klopp credit for winning with Rodgers team but bash him for losing with said team.

If some can admit they see a difference in vigor under Klopp, then one can logically conclude that this vigor was attained without Rodgers input. This vigor led to positive results in spite of whatever monkey wrench Rodgers left in its engine. It can only be classified as such because the opposite of vigor is apathy and we can all agree, that’s why he was sacked.

The loss to Watford only highlighted that Klopp is trying to find the monkey wrench(s) to remove and build his own engine. Some of the same parts maybe used, some maybe discarded, new ones bought, but at this juncture there is no doubt, Klopp is adjusting to his players , adjusting to a new league and the players are adjusting to him. Obviously you will have hiccups and for anyone to not give him credit while acknowledging the new vigor and put him on par with Rodgers who spent 300 million over 3 seasons, had a 6 game preseason, got knocked out every European cup at the same points every season is being ignorant, harsh and disingenuous .

Klopp’s 6 games in was his preseason, it ended with a 2-0 loss to Newcastle. His season in my view is just 3 games in .Still he is getting to know that his

• Goalkeepers- have butter fingers.
    • Defense- lacks depth and is weak, we could do with Wisdom on loan at Norwich, and Toure contract will be cancelled in the summer.
    • Midfield- Lacks depth- Lucas is ageing, Can is young, Allen is weak, Millner is erratic,Llana isn’t scoring but creates ,Coutinho shows up for big games , but tries too hard against smaller teams and loses the plot.Firmino reminds me of Saurez 1st season , can’t really judge him. Henderson is only 2 games back. That said it too is erratic at times.

• Forwards- 30 – 40 million depending on the article you read for an expensive plan B, and that’s a monkey wrench that baffles everyone. A player in the mold of Carroll, who Rodgers said didn’t fit his style, one which he chased away , he ends up buying same type of player 3 season later ? Strikers injured and out of form

That’s the extent of the sabotage – monkey wrench BR left, Klopp to work with, the team is unbalanced.Markovic and Alberto are needed on the wing and midfield to feed Bentke or whoever the ball and cover for the injured, Wisdom is needed in defense for whoever gets injured, Balotelli is needed as another striking option, given the erratic nature of the crop we have and the injuries we have at every position.

Who assembled the team in this way before Klopp inherited this mess, if we can be honest with ourselves when we answer, and I am not looking at the stressful design of playing players out of their natural position and the mental task of rectifying it by reverting them to their natural positions to get the impact of that needed instant vigor. A vigor that supporters can feel, that they believe it’s worth the task to stay for the full 90 plus with an expectation of victory.

That said what happened at Watford was a disaster and it was expected, given the above task, I didn’t see hopelessness , like some , I saw players fighting for their supporters ambition, as Klopp said though a moment or design of madness.
    Last edited by Sir X; December 21, 2015, 10:48 AM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

So the players not adjusting under Klopp except Courthino?

Could also be that other coaches are finding out Klopp formula too? He has to come again, learn the league as the players are learning from him and he is learning about a real tough league. Liverpool is playing very high under Klopp and the counter attack is there for the taking as I said week ago.

You are the one who put up Klopps record and talking bout win the league a few days ago. How has this changed? when even Klopp was saying take it slow.

LOL!!!
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Fool Read !

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

You just start reading, good for you. LOL!!!
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

X,I know the 100 yeqrs war between Paul Marin and you is marked by condescension,but a some.point one has to.rise above that,calling Assasin a fool is foolhardy.
          As to Klopp,he likes new manager,has an unavoidable discovery period..

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
            X,I know the 100 yeqrs war between Paul Marin and you is marked by condescension,but a some.point one has to.rise above that,calling Assasin a fool is foolhardy.
            As to Klopp,he likes new manager,has an unavoidable discovery period..
            ...and I think most dispassionate people understand that.
            Peter R

Comment

True Rock.

Comment

Suffice to say there are some untruths in there, misunderstanding maybe?? who HAS NOT given Klopp credit for anything he has done so far at LFC?

Asking what "difference" is there DOES NOT as you have ASSUMED amount to a criticism or placing the coach on par with BR; at this juncture it's a question that you might not be able to avoid, but cooler and saner heads understand fully that Klopp has a big job to do...and while you want to attribute blame for players' failings on the past manager, players (not all) have not come to the party yet, even after having been invited multiple times by BR in the past. With JK's hiring your Xuberance was overwhelming, as if JK was the second coming of Christ and LFC would be immediately transported to football heaven.

Welcome to reality!

JK has the backing and FULL support of genuine LFC supporters who understand that passing judgment after three (x three) matches into his Prem tenure is not any amount of time for a fair one to be made.

How's that for a sound-bite?
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  Suffice to say there are some untruths in there, misunderstanding maybe?? who HAS NOT given Klopp credit for anything he has done so far at LFC?

Asking what "difference" is there DOES NOT as you have ASSUMED amount to a criticism or placing the coach on par with BR; at this juncture it's a question that you might not be able to avoid, but cooler and saner heads understand fully that Klopp has a big job to do...and while you want to attribute blame for players' failings on the past manager, players (not all) have not come to the party yet, even after having been invited multiple times by BR in the past. With JK's hiring your Xuberance was overwhelming, as if JK was the second coming of Christ and LFC would be immediately transported to football heaven.

Welcome to reality!

JK has the backing and FULL support of genuine LFC supporters who understand that passing judgment after three (x three) matches into his Prem tenure is not any amount of time for a fair one to be made.

How's that for a sound-bite?
                  LOL! Ah tink the sound bite (him) fi true!! LOL!!
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                    [Every thing said up to this point by heX was total rubbish - not worth the newsprint. however the tripe below underscores why heX has ZERO credibility] That said what happened at Watford was a disaster and it was expected, given the above task, I didn’t see hopelessness , like some , [/B]

Expected???? By who??? LOL!!!! Woooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeee... Where does your horshyte end??? Does this quote from Klopp sound like that was an expected outcome? "After Southampton and Manchester City everyone thought 'wow'."

I saw players fighting for their supporters ambition
                    [/B]
                    Is which team you was a support in dat deh game? Watford? Jus checkin, cyan be too sure wid you. LOL!!! Wagonism to the werlllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, as the headline in the article D1 posted said "Show some fight: Jurgen Klopp tells Liverpool flops". Fighting? My lawd does your stupidity have no boundaries?

I said it before, and I'll say it again, "the players have to step up". No science or spin needed. Klopp agrees with me. All the spin you ah spin has been summarily rejected by the manager. Even though I don't agree with him, he doesn't agree with you either about having to go to the transfer market or recall loaned out players. He could do that tomorrow if he wanted. Wheel an tun my intellectual midget. Whhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeellllllllllll and tun!
                    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Sound bite Duppy,present your case.

Thanx.

Comment

Sound bite Duppy,present your case.

Thanx.
                        There is no case to present. It is YOU who laughed at MO who said he saw NO DIFFERENCE between the reds under Klopp and under Rodgers...SO I simply asked if there was a difference between how the team played YESTERDAY under Klopp and how they played under Rodgers. Simple question...spin machine revisionist history response only succeeding in liking your monkey brains with a wrench. LOL!!!

For my money - as I have said for MONTHS - the players needed to step up. They did against City, Chelsea, but now they have to be consistent. Herr Klopp agrees with me.

By the way, tough loss for your team at the Emirates today. Sarry.

Comment

Not months, yearssssssss,its always about players needing to play for the manager,its always no difference, its always about money,its always about sound bites.You haven't a clue ,what was/is wrong and how to rectify it.

Sooo simplistic Hypocryte.
                          Last edited by Sir X; December 21, 2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

I agree that JK has full backing of LFC true supporters,everything else is debatable.

Comment

I agree that JK has full backing of LFC true supporters,everything else is debatable.
                              How many "true supporters" ran to City? You were on the City wagon, see anybody else you did know? LOL!!! Klown...tap embarrass uself.

Comment

Working...
                              X