Congratulation Calabar and Edwin Allen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulation Calabar and Edwin Allen

Boys and Girls Champ 2016. KC, please put down the calculators.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Thanks! On behalf of all Rabalac forumites we accept your congrats heartily!!!
    Seriously though interesting champs that Junelle Bromfield is something I don't think I have ever seen before, three golds and then 51.74 in the 400 in the final. Massive wow!!!

Comment

yes another special one Bromfield
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Nice finale
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Petersfield High came in 6th position. Special mention to Excelsior too.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I hadn't been to Champs in a number of years. It is a world class meet in every respect. From ushers taking me to my seat, to security politely telling me TWICE to take my feet down when I put them on the seat below me (Nuh jamaica dis? Me nuh supposed to can do dem ting deh), to the FLOW wireless service which allowed me to do my social media and reggaeboyz posts without a data plan. Oh, and the performances were not bad either

Great experience. If ONLY we could transfer this type of excellence to other areas of national life. One can dream.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Thanks for your insight I-man I have not been to a champs since about 85, it is amazing how the years fly by, that is 31 years. I did get the chance to see the 2011 national championships at the stadium and that was a treat but I really need to go see a Calabar victory maybe next year!

Comment

Yeah you should really go while they are having this golden run. They have that "thing" which makes them overperform when the battle gets hot.

On my flight out I was in line at the airport with a C-Bar old boy, probably in his late 50s/early 60s who said he suffered through the KC 14 year run and so he plans to come to Champs every year until this C-Bar streak ends. LOL!
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  Petersfield High came in 6th position. Special mention to Excelsior too.
                  STETHS, Petersfield and Excelsior clearly on the move but they cannot win a championship anytime soon. We need to change the rules so that the points are spread across more schools, discourage transfers and make the winner less predictable.

Maybe no school should be allowed to enter more that one athlete in a final (note that I said final.) If two athletes from the same school goes through then 1 is guaranteed and the other is the reserve.
                  The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post

Maybe no school should be allowed to enter more that one athlete in a final (note that I said final.) If two athletes from the same school goes through then 1 is guaranteed and the other is the reserve.
                    This is a joke...right??
                    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Hope so

Comment

Father Time has been on this anti-transfer campaign because Wolmer's don't subscribe to it. The chances of Wolmer's or any other co-ed school winning the Boys Champs any time soon is very remote. The plain fact is that KC, CBar and JC have the largest pool to draw from.

Comment

I couldn't say this when I attended CBar, but I envied KC for their achievements and their never-say-die attitude. The rivalry between the two schools and JC is good.

Comment

I'm good with trying to limit transfers... that makes sense on the face of it

But he's suggesting that AFTER an athlete performs and is superior to some others...he/she should be sidelined as a "reserve"

That doesn't compute ....for me
                            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Understood, then only allow one athlete per school in the heats. The bottom line is that the big 3 ruthless recruiting is preventing the build up of talent (and points) in the smaller schools and without restrictions there is no hope for anyone except the big 3 to win boys champs. The situation with Edwin Allen is also very unfair. Hydel and St Jago are making a reasonable effort to win Girls Champs but Edwin Allen ability to recruit makes it all but impossible for anyone else to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X